Stupid questions people ask you when stopped

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by cold_fire, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    My bad Quasi, yeah I have read stories from UK, I think ya'll have the strictest rules as far as speeding goes. I was speaking based on driving in Germany. Be forewarned, rear facing cameras are being installed here targeting motorcycles. I got my first flash on the bike in last Sept, but lucky for me I was slowing down for something and was on 7kph over and 10 euros. Yep I am an MP in Heidelberg for another 25 days and then its off to Lost in the Woods and many many speeding tickets.
  2. Eso Teric

Eso Teric Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The slight weaving thing works well, however i haven't been able to do it whilst actually mid way around the roundabout (turning circle)! which is where i was when the guy pulled out. Any pointers?

Cheers
  3. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    In theory being in a roundabout is in and of itself lateral motion... I hate those things. There are more of them popping up in the Northwest all the time.

Just keep your wits about you and be ready to stop. I practice braking in and through corners a few times a week just to stay sharp and test the limits of traction.

The last few days have been quite fun as the new rear tire I put on last week does not have the same measure of grip as the one it replaced. :lol3

Be safe. Have fun and RIDE RIDE RIDE
  4. Reprobate

Reprobate Sarcasm Loading....

Oddometer:
    Did you use your horn? That's what it's for, you know?
  5. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow I didn't know Wuerzburg was open long enough to get those cars. I finally got rid of the last of my AA plated cars this past summer. Had a crazy winter this year and its still not over. Had 4" of snow Sat. morning. So much for global warmng.
  6. (none)

(none) poser

Oddometer:
    Yeah, i left in April '07. 1st ID was already long gone, and we'd already closed Giebelstadt and Kitzingen. Loved it there.
  7. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:

I thought it was to get people out of the way when riding on the sidewalk.:lol3
  8. AndrewT

AndrewT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "I was wondering why it said Hyo, uh, Hyos.., on your tank"

It's Hyosung, that's who made it.

"Oh, it's a Chinese ripoff!"

no, it's a Korean original; I know it's a naked 650 v-twin but it is NOT an SV.

"Oh"
  9. Reprobate

Reprobate Sarcasm Loading....

Oddometer:
    That too. It's also for waking the neighbours when you leave your mistress at three o'clock in the morning.
  10. ggrjr

ggrjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought that is what a 10000 RPM V4 was for.
  11. Tibarus

Tibarus Mud? Where?! X3

Oddometer:
    Stopped at a gass station today... some random guy came up and ask me if my 1982 BMW R65LS was a Harley Davidson... :huh

I guess the BMW badge on the tank, tail, bikini fairing and on my license plate bracket wasn't enough of a hint that it wasn't an HD.

I toyed with the guy saying "Yeah, it's one of those boxer twins that HD is FAMOUS for..." and road off.
  12. roadhamr

roadhamr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AWESOME!:rofl :rofl :rofl
  13. roaming_art

roaming_art In transit...

Oddometer:
    Back when I first started riding, I had a XR 200 that I threw a dualsport kit on and got asked by an auto parts store rep:

Aint that a little small to be out on the road?

*&^(%$ No asshole! Your d***s a little small but your, wait yeah she does.

Ahh the best comebacks only come when your riding away.
    ==========

I had one guy come up to me while I was oiling the chain on my KLR 650 and ask if that was a 2 gallon tank.
    -No its a 6, I promise.

Never had anyone ask if they could ride my bike, but the wheelie motion seems to be universal with anyone <16yo or <58 IQ...either or....

-Art
  14. SlowRoll

SlowRoll One Day Closer To......

Oddometer:
    My ride is an FJR1300. Not the fastest or most powerful bike on the planet, but definitely no slouch.

Was at a gas station one day and a guy walks up to me and asks "Do you need all that power or do you just want it?"

"Both", I replied.
  15. DRZ400SK4

DRZ400SK4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The one I get on my FZ1 all the time, since it doesn't have the displacement written on it anywhere, is...

"What number size is that bike?"

:D

[​IMG]
  16. Grumpy

Grumpy Grumpy

Oddometer:
    Lower South Coast, Kwa Zulu Natal, South Africa
    Yep, I reckon too much power is " just enough".:1drink
  17. NJ-GS

NJ-GS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Too much of everything is just enough. -John Barlow
  18. Eso Teric

Eso Teric Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well it was a "small" roundabout, but i guess i should have used the horn in the 1 tenth of a second i had available .. :nod

To be honest, my fingers didn't really want to be bothered moving from the ... 'oh so comfy' heated grips!

Or maybe, just maybe, being that i'm a fairly new "road" rider, it actually hadn't occured to me to do so.

I will keep learning though.
  19. eigervue

eigervue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    the "you're not from around here" or the "you rode that thing out here" comments in random states when my bike's clearly marked with cali plates
  20. strommer

strommer Ride for balance

Oddometer:
    At some red light stop in the middle of nowhere in central Turkey driver of car waiting in the lane next to me asks:

"How much more do you have to ride that thing today, does it not hurt your backside ?"

I told him 500 more kilometers to go and no pain.

I could tell from his expression he was pittying me.

I wonder if he could tell I felt pitty for him because he was going to cover the same distance in a metal box that weighs about a ton or so and has 80 horsepower (average European econo-car).