Any Golfers In Florida??

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by DeeGee, Jul 14, 2013.

1. DeeGee

DeeGee I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz

Oddometer:
    Strange request on a bike forum, but if you don't ask and all that!

I normally have a biking holiday with my missus for our annual vacation (see the links below), but this year we've booked a family holiday to Florida where we'll be staying on I drive and doing all the Disney stuff.

It will be our second visit and last time we stayed there we managed to get a couple of games of golf in, but this time my eldest son isn't going so I'll not have a golfing buddy. Is any of you up for a game? I'll be over the first two weeks in August.

Cheers

DG
  2. Philip Kuntz

Philip Kuntz Fleasy Rider

Oddometer:
    I went to a driving range once, could barely hit the little ball. That was 20 yrs ago, I probably suck even worse now. That said, I will kick your ass at Wii golf. :deal
  3. doc4216

doc4216 Chronic High Fiver

Oddometer:
    I do but of course it is when I will be up north in NY/PA!
  4. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    One of my riding buddies has been known to haul his clubs on the bike. I'll point him to this thread.
  5. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    I'm not far from Orlando. I hack at the ball around the course a bit. Not really good at it. As a matter of fact, I suck! But... I have a good time doing it. Being the cheap bastid that I am, I wouldn't pay more than $35-$40 for 18 holes at a local course. Plenty of those around my place. My FIL likes to play golf and he's retired. He can play anytime. I have a M-F gig so I'm somewhat limited on the times I can play. Not sure how good of a golfer you are but, if you're patient, and don't like to keep score, maybe we can all hook up when you're here. :deal
  6. DeeGee

Oddometer:
    Cheers guys!

Typical Doc! :huh

Thanks Huzband I'd appreciate that :thumb

Dr. Z sounds like a plan! I'm ok, I have a handicap of 12 and I'm happy to pay that kind of dollar for a game, although I'd have to hire a set of clubs too. I'm not too bothered about keeping a card, be just good to get out on a nice course and swing the clubs while I'm away and of course the obligatory beer afterwards :freaky
  7. Dr.Z

Oddometer:

12 handicap, eh... well, you're in for a long day if I tag along. :rofl

I'm thinking you can borrow some clubs. I have a spare set. :deal

Obligatory beer before, during, and afterwards is in order! :freaky

There's a few courses less than 10 miles from my place... Diamondback, Grenelefe, Oakwood, Willowbrook, Ridgewood Lakes, & Highland's Reserve just to name a few. Most of those are $45 or less per hacker in the summer I believe.
  8. DeeGee

Oddometer:
    Sounds like my kinda round, over here we call it bolfing boozing and golfing. Only snag I'll have is we aren't getting a car this time around as we've got transfers to all the parks etc. how's the public transport system to get to the courses?
  9. Dr.Z

Oddometer:

I'm sure the transport system in Disney is great for their courses. But... their courses are $$$.

I don't believe the public transport to golf courses 20-30 miles away from Disney is any good unless you take a taxi. :lol3
  10. Philip Kuntz

Philip Kuntz Fleasy Rider

Oddometer:
    Dr.Z taxi service? Its not such a stretch.:ricky
  11. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    :deal
  12. DeeGee

Oddometer:
    Ha ha reminds me of this Ricky Fowler Vid. For those who don't know Ricky Fowler, he was (and still is) a pretty good moto crosser and was going to persue it as a career until a bad injury to one of his feet cut it short. He then concentrated on the golf. Tour pro now famous for wearing the (KTM?) orange. :deal

http://youtu.be/6vyOAhP2QqM
  13. jaydee1445

jaydee1445 Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    Worst Afternoon of my life was when I won a sales contest and prize was a day off with a round of golf at one of the nicer C.C. near Disney. :puke1 Rather spend the day being hung up on while making sales calls.