Mar. 28-31, 2013 Death Valley Noob's Rally

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by nsfw, Nov 15, 2012.

1. rjnutt

rjnutt Desert tortoise Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just put a ride up to go to the Olancha Dunes on Thursday afternoon. Pretty easy, blast over to the dunes on the highway and screw around for a bit, then come back through Darwin with a stop at China Spring. Big bike friendly if you have a little dirt experience. Probably about 120 on roads and dirt (not counting dune riding.) Gas in Olancha so if you have a little tank, no big deal....it is only about 40 miles to the dunes. The dunes are a lot of fun and provide a lot of photo opportunities....especially for, or because of, the big bikes:evil
  2. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Ratchdaddy has found a tire... so I put this out there for another nOOb.

A bit less than 1/2 worn out 606 front tire 90/90-21 free to a nOOb wanting to get dirty for the first time on a budget.

Added bonus (maybe), you can bring your bike over and I'll help with the tire change/learn how to fix a flat. (You supply the beer).
  3. 666

666 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I cancelled out of big bike ride on saturday.

I am riding in on 950, but my friend will trailer my 450 for riding around DV.

I am planning to ride wednesday evening to lake Isabella (motel there) from Berkeley on 950 .leaving around 4pm from Berkeley. Route depends on weather.

Then thursday morning go to Panamint via Canebreak and 9 mile canyon . Then go to Titus and back to campsite.
  4. Mr. G

Mr. G Normal Dude

Oddometer:
    Ratchdaddy, I am the ride leader on the Thursday ride. I removed 2 of your 3 entries so you are good to go now
  5. Megaplow

Megaplow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone looking for a 2008 KTM 990 Adv? I took it on this trip two years ago. This year i would like to go on something a little smaller.

Low mileage and lots of modsaAsking $8500 OBO.

[​IMG]
  6. slugdad

slugdad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    deal!
    i'll be bringing my wr250
    see ya at psr :freaky
  7. KaptSlo

KaptSlo In Idaho, never admit you moved from California Supporter

Oddometer:
    Steve Zollinger at Scotts Performance ( www.scottsonline.com ) has donated twenty-five (that's 25!) discount certificates. These certificates give an individual 20% off on all “Scotts” branded items as well as a few other product lines. They can only be used one time, but have no limit to the number of items that can be purchased at that time.

[​IMG]

We started our business in a small Automotive shop in Glendale, California, doing repairs and setting up suspension for local racers. Our popularity and performance gained momentum in a hurry and we had to move to our current location in Montrose, California, in September, of 1974. Great service, technical know-how and commitment to our customers gave us an edge over our competition. We were possessed with making only the highest quality products and giving unequalled support. Starting with only 2 employees, we then expanded our line up to include accessories for all facets of off-road motorcycling.

We joined forces with Ohlins Racing in 1987 and together, we developed the Premier Steering Stabilizer, acknowledged by Motocross Action as, "One of the 10 most influential products of all time!" We have now grown into the international market and coupled with our website, we supply products all over the world, maintaining our original goals and ideals. We are all still very involved with motorcycle riding and racing and the issues surrounding our sport. We certainly hope we can serve you some time in our near future.

8. Abrupt Edge

Abrupt Edge Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah! Fingers crossed for one of the Scotts discounts. I would love to have one of their SS filters in each of my bikes.
  9. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    nice looking bike, glws.

those riding big bikes and needing bike protection and other stuff, contact kurt, BLACK DOG has what you need, may even bring it to the event. save yourself the shipping cost.
  10. nsfw

Oddometer:

wow, thanks bill. the rate you're bringing in raffle prizes, we don't need to do any riding on saturday, just call our numbers and pick our prizes.....:lol3
  11. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Joel old Tom here in Prescott, ConTeacher, Bill has a spot for me at the motel:clap I am so looking forward to riding in DV. Hoping to ride with Bill but looks like the rides he is doing are full at this time. Hoping to maybe get on the same rides if they split into more groups. Thanks for making this ride happen.
    AZ Tom
  12. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything.

Oddometer:
    Anybody thinking of riding out to the dunes? I'd like to go out there but I don't want to go alone and I have no idea how to get there anyway :lol3
  13. pinocono

pinocono Fucking Pirate

Oddometer:
    Olancha Dunes? rjnutt posted up a ride to there and Darwin on Thursday.
  14. nsfw

Oddometer:
    hi tom, not that easy....:lol3

you still have to get on the list (waiting). sorry, that's how it works, and once you're in, have to register via paypal or check., plus the dinner (optional).

very good chance you'll get on the IN list.

cindy, after last year's lippencott, now the sand dunes.....:bow

go girl. hook up with andy....:D

CHECK OUT THE DONORS AND RAFFLE PRIZES (PAGE 1) - THOUGHT OF ADDING THE LOGOS AND PICS. THEY SUPPORT THIS EVENT AND DESERVE A LITTLE RECOGNITION.
  15. joneswgareth

joneswgareth Welsh Rarebit

Oddometer:
    Money sent :clap

Anyone riding down from Vancouver/Canada/anywhere on my way - let me know and we can buddy up

Gareth
  16. Cowgirl

Oddometer:
    I'm not riding - I'm bringing the WR in the truck. PM me.
  17. Cowgirl

Oddometer:
    At least it'll be soft when I fall down ........ ........... again and again:lol3
  18. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Money for Reg. & dinners already sent.
  19. nsfw

Oddometer:
    fixed.

love to see PPs from far away gracing this event.

i like your style tom, no messing around and don't let grass under your boots....:thumb
  20. slidewayes

slidewayes slidewayes

Oddometer:
    can you give some sort of confirmation of payment received maybe * buy name or change of color to?