Beta RR /RS 4T enduro thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by RICHXHELL, Feb 11, 2008.

1. RICHXHELL

RICHXHELL Scooterist

Oddometer:
    Keep those ADV stickers on!

Enjoy!
  2. Britishbeefy

Britishbeefy n00b

Oddometer:
    You bet ya! :clap
  3. hawaiidirtrider

hawaiidirtrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys. I am fresh new Beta meat from Mililani, Hawaii. I have been reading what you all have shared here and all I can say is thanks. I have the 1st and only 09' 525 Beta RS in Hawaii. It came in a pack of three with 2 fresh but used 525 08' RR's a couple of months ago. I can honestly say I am loving this bike. I came from a woods modded 01' cr 250 Honda that I will reserve for ugly mud survival races where I don't have to worry about breaking turn signals. Riding here is mostly technical slow stuff . Some outer islands have more wide open stuff. I have been scanning the web to learn what others have dealt with and to do to my bike what will make it move in good order. Aloha. I'll try and add some pictures later and show what mods I've added. Lots have come from the info shared across the web. Thanks again.:D Hey look at my odometer I'm #1 !!!! not!!
  4. hawaiidirtrider

Oddometer:
    Hey that no bikes marker is downright sad. I think you have to buy another Beta. Enjoyed your posts. Get a new Beta and stay! Thanks.
  5. Alacrity

Alacrity Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Oddometer:
    Friends down south completed their annual Patagonia Expedition.

[​IMG]

Vids and additional pics to follow
  6. paco104

paco104 n00b

Oddometer:
    hello tell me that I can serve and I sold the bike but I have at home all desert kit
  7. Crit Rat

Crit Rat Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Please post!

I will be in Chile and Patagonia for a couple of weeks at the end of the month and would love to see your images.
  8. hawaiidirtrider

Oddometer:

Nice picture!!! Nice Beta gear!! I don't think you can get that in U.S. can you? I haven't seen it yet.
  9. PozoRider

PozoRider Just Ride

Oddometer:
    Contact your Beta Dealer, he/she should be able to get it through the US Distributer.
  10. old wanderer

old wanderer Old quick guy

Oddometer:
    Well this is a great thread....good to see others have the high opinion of Beta as myself.

I bought a 525RR bike, and then found at my age, I just don't flex enough to get on/off that high seat...Too bad as I put the large tank, hand guards, steering dampener, radiator guards, and cooling fan...the bike feels great riding it, but getting on-off I look like a monkey doing you know what.

So if anybody is interested in a basically new Beta, this thing is just sitting in the garage for the past 2 years. PM me. I live outside of Seattle WA.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  11. kenaroo

kenaroo I am because i ride

Oddometer:
    Can't have enough Beta's

here's pics of me and my 470 (400 big bore) and my 05 525 still going strong.

[​IMG]

Great bikes, nothing major has gone wrong besides rider error :wink:. make sure you protect those radiators and grease those lower linkage bushings.
    only weird thing was that the needle jet (yes needle jet not needle) wore out on the 525 giving it a full on rich jetting. took a while to figure that out.

they handle great and have giving me great results and never let me down in a race.

[​IMG]
  12. hawaiidirtrider

Oddometer:
    Lower the suspension an inch or 2 or trim the seat just a little. The seat trim is the cost of staples and you will still be out there. I am older and stiffer too but it's better to use it or lose it!!!!! ..and on such a great bike!! just an inch of foam chopped off can make a world of difference.:D
  13. hawaiidirtrider

Oddometer:
    Nice pics kenaroo!!!! Thanks for posting!!!
  14. hawaiidirtrider

Oddometer:
  15. kenaroo

kenaroo I am because i ride

Oddometer:
  16. MOTARDJUNKIE

MOTARDJUNKIE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where are those pics and vids? Man I wish I could ride all those places. I guess Hawaii wi do for now. Hawaiidirtrider is bonestock from tt. I'm looking hard at a new 400rr.
  17. bobbe

bobbe n00b

Oddometer:
    I am an happy owner of RR450 MY07

I use my Beta on hard trail

[​IMG]

and soft trail

[​IMG]
  18. hawaiidirtrider

Oddometer:
    You ought to to talk to kenaroo . He has a 400 and a 525 so you can ask him what works best and mods etc. For me the 525 is great. Easy to ride and light for a 4 stroke. I haven't ridden for too long. ..(couple months).had a cold and obligations. I am jonesing. Hopefully I can ride this weekend. Good luck picking your ride!!!!
  19. hawaiidirtrider

Oddometer:
    These are a couple of giant nice beta pics!!:D

20. hawaiidirtrider

Oddometer: