Gaspe and east coast

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by goswiftly, Jul 26, 2009.

1. goswiftly

goswiftly Got tubes?

Oddometer:
    I just spent 13 day on the east coast with 7 year. We rode the Gaspe, and I mean all of the gaspe, no in land short cuts! We than rode south through New Brunswick, into Bridgewater Nova Scotia, over to Digby, Back to Bridgewater, To PEI (Cavendish), to Cape Breton Isle (Baddeck), Cabot trail, back to Baddeck, and after 11 days in the rain I decided to head for home from Baddeck to Riviere du Loup, then Riviere du Loup to Buckhorn, Ont., and a really short 4 hour ride from Buckhorn to Tillsonburg! We finished the 4 corners of Nova Scotia as proposed by 7 year on the Dualsport.com website. Here are some pics.

p.s. it rained every day but one, and we averaged something like 840 km a day!

[​IMG]
  2. goswiftly

goswiftly Got tubes?

Oddometer:
    Sorry, got a little jumpy on the buttons!
    This is the eastern most point, Brier Island
    [​IMG]
    Southern most, The Hawk
    [​IMG]
    Western most, Sailor Dan's lane
    [​IMG]
    Northern most, Meat Cove
    [​IMG]
    and this is me in Baddeck, I'm a real morning person!!!!!
    [​IMG]
  3. dentedvw

dentedvw Where did I put that

Oddometer:
    I was just hearing about what a good trip this would be from Reverand.

:clap

Looking forward to the rest!
  4. goswiftly

goswiftly Got tubes?

Oddometer:
    The rustic cabins are a great option for affordable accomodations. We utilized them in Riviere du Loup, and Baddeck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The bridge to PEI is a real trip. I rode the whole thing standing and what a view!
    [​IMG]
    Care Breton is really nice. I think it may have helped that it stopped raining for the afternoon. These are from the road around the Bras D'or lake.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Cabot Trail was fogged in so it was not a good picture day!
    [​IMG]
    The rest are just random pics from along the way. Clouds and rain make for dim pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. reverand

reverand I love Dogs

Oddometer:
    More More More, I'm leaving on a similar route in 4 days. Any hints or tips?
  6. goswiftly

goswiftly Got tubes?

Oddometer:
    Hope you have a great trip!!! The only bits of advice I can give you is to take your time! If you don't you will miss alot! There is a really good hill climb just as you are leaving Mont Saint Pierre. They do hang gliding there, and the trail up the mountain is tight with really sharp switch backs. We rode it with our KLR's fully loaded (about 40 lb of gear, not too bad) and It was sketchy at best. However it is totally worth the view!!! Just south west of Riviere Du Loup, on 20, there is a great place to stay for the night. "Camping Le Rayon De Soleil" is the place. Reserve a cabin, they are the white ones in my thread pics. The cost is $40 + taxes per night. They have lights, heat, and a microwave, you cannot beat the value!! Baddeck in Cape Breton has a great place with cabins also. "Baddeck Cabot Trail Campgrounds" is the name of that one. They are the log cabins in my pics. They were $50 + taxes per night, still really great value! Oh, and by the way, it's free to get into PEI.....$17.50 to get out over the bridge!! Toll roads suck, but everyone should ride that bridge at least once standing up! :ricky :lol3
  7. db DL1000

db DL1000 goober

Oddometer:
    I spent a few days in Mont St. Pierre back in the `70s. If I recall correctly the large hill/mountain had a cross at the top of the summit. I rode to the top on a `74 Honda 750 and the view was great. Thanks for the memories.

More pics please! :clap
  8. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Nice.. and the weather looks like it cooperated too.. looking forward to more :thumb

:lurk
  9. goswiftly

goswiftly Got tubes?

Oddometer:
    I'm finally getting a few more pics sent through from 7 year as my camera quit from the damp conditions. As you can see, despite all the rain, we still managed to have a great time. We did a bit of trail riding from Bridgewater to Digby. Great fun!
    [​IMG]
    The light houses are nice to explore, and make a good setting for pictures!
    [​IMG]
    One of the disgruntled locals posted a sign as to his displeasure with the vandals in the neighborhood, we had to get a picture of this!
    [​IMG]:rofl
  10. 7year

7year Professional spell cheker

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Here are a couple more from the trip.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't read French but I think the sign says that the wave will knock you the F**& out
    [​IMG]
  11. Gregster

Gregster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great trip.
    Where's this hang glider launch?

[​IMG]
  12. 7year

7year Professional spell cheker

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]