KTM 990 Super Duke

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by MOLAHS, Oct 25, 2012.

1. MOLAHS

MOLAHS Sisyphus

Oddometer:
    Is there enough interest to open a thread for the Super Duke ?
  2. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:
    Hell yeah!
    I would have one if it weren't for my 196 height.

They're beautiful machines.
  3. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  4. Pork-Chop Express

Pork-Chop Express Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's to hoping we will have a new 1190 Super Duke to be talking about very soon! I still love my old 990 though. A modern classic in the making as far as I'm concerned.:freaky
  5. Trans4ormer

Trans4ormer B to V 1983

Oddometer:
    Come on guys, better offer up those for sale/low price 990's soon. When the new big motor model is released, there will be a flood on the market and you won't be able to give them "old" bikes away!! :deal

Sold my 07 Goldwing for this very reason.
  6. No Degree

No Degree Blah Blah Blah CSM FFs

Oddometer:
    All this talk of a new Super Duke coming to America is moot. KTM learned their lesson when they couldn't sell the last edition here in the states. People here do not buy naked bikes. Couple that with a bad economy, the remaining warehouse stock sold at a discount off the $14398 MSRP.

Fortunately, the people who bought them are of a particular sort who understands the specialty of the bike. Most used ones are in very nice condition with relatively low miles. The higher mileage ones should be of no consequence as owners of those bikes have reported few problems other than normal maintenance. The fuel tank problem that was reported seemed to be isolated to only a few bikes with KTM NA handling the situation and continuing to do so to date.

The LC8 motor is a beautiful piece of engineering that finds it's way into various configurations of the breed. Anyone who has experienced this V-Twin can attest to it's torquey attributes. The sound is intoxicating.
    In the mean time those who own the 2007 and 2008 SD and SD-R models seem to hang onto them knowing there is nothing else like it. At least in this country there isn't.
  7. burgerking

burgerking echt bezopen

Oddometer:
  8. Pork-Chop Express

Pork-Chop Express Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I consider my '08 to be my most beloved possession but the leaked photos of the ne 1290 "Beast" looks so ass kicking I think a trade up might be in my future! Have to wait to see the pics from EICMA next week to get a good shot of the new bike but so far it makes all the other factory streetfighters look like sissy sh&t!
  9. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    Woo hoo! Bring it.

[​IMG]