Central Alabama Tag O Rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by sorebuttduc, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Joe Shimano

Joe Shimano Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks familiar

:y0!
  2. KDXfile

KDXfile Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Go get it Joe.
    I know about where it is on the map but haven't found the trail to that spot.
  3. jrou111

jrou111 Stair Climber

Oddometer:
    N33 10.433 W86 54.427 are the falls.

The trail entrances are at N33 10.491 W86 54.904 (harder one) and at N33 09.964 W86 53.977 (easier one) :deal
  4. mitchell205

mitchell205 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I road to falling rock Falls gate at the CWMA today and was met by a polite security guard that informed me that due to vandalism at the natural gas wells in the management area they now had his private security company watching the place... So if no one objects I will post a new tag today to keep it going
  5. motomark39

motomark39 I reckon so Supporter

Oddometer:
    Someone needs to move it, keep it going
  6. motomark39

Oddometer:
    I would come ride with you, but I am busy
    [​IMG]
  7. mitchell205

Oddometer:
    New tag... Go to Bill's WMA ....look for a bridge out....if you still can't find it have a Guinness and think about it...

[​IMG]

Take a fishing pole I caught about 30 longear and green sunfish in 40min

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. mitchell205

Oddometer:
    The first pic is the tag but here's the bridge ...cross at your own risk ...ok that's a inside joke for a inmate that didn't a superman with his KLR there about 8 years ago... hahaha.... He was ok but it's a long way down
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. jrou111

jrou111 Stair Climber

Oddometer:
    I rode out to falling rock last Tuesday evening. You must have gone in the wrong way.

That train bridge is called Piney Woods Trestle. It was built around the turn of the 20th century.

It's also been used numerous times in different tag games.

:-)
  10. mitchell205

Oddometer:

I don't keep a list of what's been a tag and what hasn't...And now since you have taken the fun out of finding the new tag with your history lesson go get it... This time try to use a recent picture for your new tag...last time I checked there are leaves on trees in April.. I'm so glad you got to go Tuesday so you could see some leaves...
    There's only one feasible way to get to the water fall and it's had a gate up for years and years and I hope the signs about under video surveillance are just to scare people off if not you might be getting a knock on the door...the security guard said they had over 50k of damage done out there and were looking to prosecute someone..[​IMG]

11. jrou111

jrou111 Stair Climber

Oddometer:
    Nah, I'll just check back in a few months and by then hopefully someone will ride to the actual tag location and not on the wrong side of the river or at a gate a half mile away. :rofl
  12. mitchell205

Oddometer:

I'm not quite sure how you are trying to insult me here... Yes like I said earlier that gate is the way in please continue to go and get your bike impounded....you keep on waiting for someone to get your tag and we will keep playing....as far as wrong side of the river I'm assuming you are talking about the Gees Ferry crossing ...I took the long and scenic way and was gonna cross the ferry it's not my fault it was closed ...I have no desire to ride down the interstate and then a main highway to get a tag just like I have no need to ride to a waterfall I've been to multiple times and get a ticket or my bike impounded just to take a picture of it there so you will be happy

13. jrou111

jrou111 Stair Climber

Oddometer:
    http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23100529&postcount=1522

So twice in a row on your attempts to get the tag you've not actually gone to the tag location. Isn't that kind of the purpose of the game? :deal

Is this going to be an ongoing thing? From now on any time a tag sits for longer than a month, mitchell205 is going to post a picture of his bike sitting in his driveway and someone will pipe up "that's close enough, let's keep the game moving". :hmmmmm
  14. motomark39

Oddometer:
    I'm confused, is that bridge in Mitchells driveway? Awesome man, i wish I had a trestle in my driveway! So if I meet a security guard I should go around the other way and try to outrun the dude? Riding to the location is supposed to be the game, but, I say we call in the AMA and the FIM and get a ruling..............ok they just called back and said they dont give a $%* or a F4%#@&*, and please let the game move on:wink:
  15. Joe Shimano

Joe Shimano Long timer

Oddometer:
    So is this the tag or is it still the one James did weeks ago?

[​IMG]
  16. KDXfile

KDXfile Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ADVrider allows the use of canned tags for placing a tag so it should be a good tag if accessible .
  17. Joe Shimano

Joe Shimano Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didn't find a bunch of longear, just a couple of these

:D
  18. KDXfile

KDXfile Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Let's just go with it to keep it moving. Drop a new Tag Joe :freaky
  19. Joe Shimano