Rigid dually d2 on 1200gsa

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by marios, Oct 12, 2011.

1. marios

marios Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer:
    I was too lazy to search for a similar topic.....

I am one of those lucky suckers who have not one but two 1200gsa in my garage. One of them, my brother's is loaded with all kinds of goodies including double HID headlight, Piaa large lights and some fancy touratech set at the bottom. It also has the oem aux light that come with the bike. With all of the lights running, the amount of light the system produce is pretty amazing.
    So I when I got my GSA I thought: I need to find a lights that are more powerful than my brothers!!! So i started researching and came accross the rigid lights. So i ordered them and paid a great price for the dually d2 producing each 2600 lumens! The only bummer was that they came without bracket and the rigid bracket is 80 bucks! So i bought A set of Piaa bracket that are super nice for 35 dollars from san diego bmw. Installation was a breeze. If you know what you are doing, it should not take more than two hours. Once the light were installed I waited for darkness to come. I started the bike got the running lights going then turned the aux lights on and then it was the turn for the rigid lights. 4, 3, 2, 1, o wow, these things are so ridicoulously bright that the rest of the lights totally dissapeared.
    I have not tested the two bikes together but I suspect mine will be brighter. More to come when I finish doing some more test.
  2. ShimrMoon

ShimrMoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pics please, from the saddle, not standing in front of the bike...!
  3. mcstark

mcstark Living brappy...

Oddometer:
    From the front are my favorite: look at how bright my lights are!!! :rofl
  4. going south

going south hero & Zero...

Oddometer:
    +1 on seeing some pic's.... I'm looking for light's myself....

Thanks in ADVance....
  5. MotrSklz

MotrSklz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a set of D2s on the way and am really looking forward to installing them to get some more light on the road.

Pics please!!
  6. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    I dont have any "from the cockpit" shots, but can take some tonight. Here are my D2's installed on a PIAA lightbar... the "crookedness" comes from camera angle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. zimm

zimm 2024 T700

Oddometer:
    Do you go fog, spot, one of each?
  8. nanotech9

nanotech9 ** Slidewayz **

Oddometer:
    I saw a set of ther Rigid D2 driving lights (not spot or fog) at the Overland Expo in arizona this spring... probably 3 or 4 times brighter than my combo of TT HID high beam left and TT fog on the right, and twice the throw.

I actually just ordered and received a pair from Blackdogcycleworks.com using their 10% off discount they had for new website orders...

these things at top quality. I have yet to mount them, but the heatsinking on them is impressive.

I've actually looked into building lights like this a LOT, and i would be hard pressed to assemble everything for the same money...

The main reason i decided to go ahead with the switch was my HID ballast failed and will cost $100 to replace it :( Time for the upgrade.