Time for something new, jobs, whose gottem and what are they.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Natnewt, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Natnewt

Natnewt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We need new threads here to entertain and learn about each other cuz even the smartest man knows, you don't have to be rich when you have a friend in every field ;)

Myself, I am in the IT field, build and repair any type of PC for any purpose be it standard computer or home theater intergration, vehicle etc. Also an audio video wizard :) and a Tech researcher. The handiman of the tech world so to speak.
  2. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    ....:huh okay.....

I specialize in Equities Research + my family business is Jewelry (custom design dept. + repairs dept.: Mappin's, Peoples, Burke, ect...).

....and my first bike (to make this thread relevant?!): 1974 Honda CD175

If you're interested, here's a neat piece on my family.... when we first came to Canada (yup, that's me!!!)
    [​IMG]
  3. Shakeyhands

Shakeyhands Goober

Oddometer:
    Is your name Russell Oliver and are you the loan arranger?????

IT Sales here.... So if you guys want equipment at as close to cost as possible....

IBM only, all Servers and software.

plus Lenovo PC and Laptop products.
  4. xrayboy

xrayboy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After you buy that IBM + Lenovo equipment I am the guy who does the warranty work. I service all IBM equipment: laptops, pc's, cash registers, ATM's, servers, A/S400, RISK, mainframes, and loads of stuff that other people make but don't want to service themselves. Mostly I just drive around in circles all day in the Durham + Kawartha area. Too bad I have to have a company van and can't take the bike everyday.
  5. Natnewt

Natnewt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Uber: Even back in the day you had the hair eh lol

Xray: Having a company vehicle is no excuse I manage to take the bike every now and then with 2-3 laptops strapped to my back and an area from peel/halton border to durham border from the lake to muskoka :evil poser
  6. doughy

doughy Less excitable then I used to be

Oddometer:
    Steel Building sales/consultant. I think most know. But I do give cost pricing to all ADV'ers...

"I LOVE MY FUTURESTEEL BUILDING" :lol3
  7. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    When I work for you you'll never see a bill. You'll be glad I was there but not too pleased that you needed me. I work every day of the year, holidays and stats mean nothing, I work 24 hours a day. I'm a firefighter here in Edmonton.
  8. CAavrider

CAavrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    IT Analyst in govt. Design, build test & implement Enterprise wide IT systems. Part time hunter , full time ADV rider.
    Cheers to my fellow CDN riders out there. Miss the GWN.
  9. drcool

drcool R.I.P. Dave

Oddometer:
    As some know my infinite coolness doesn't just come from being me, far from it actually.

Our family has been in the Heating/Airconditioning industry for about 60 years so I don't know much else. If I don't know what is wrong with your a/c in 15 minutes money says you need a new one.

We Engineer, Manufacture, Install, Maintain and Repair equipment for every building application imaginable. Air heat, Wet heat, A/C, Refrigeration, Specialty Controls, Sheetmetal and custom fabrication. Most of our work is in the commercial sector but we dabble in high end residential comfort of all imaginable descriptions.

This summer has been no good for business to date( been f'n good for riding) but rest assured it'll get hotter than a firecracker soon enough.

drcool to the rescue

My forte is equipment replacement. Here are some pics of a recent adventure. 15,000lb, 24 feet long and 3 stories up. Refered to as BFH(big fookin hoist). Some may recognize my man Moondoggie aka slavedriver in the blue tshirt on the roof.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some will also recognize my trailer. Most won't see it in this position. It was a great way to get materials to the roof and the garbage removed.

[​IMG]

quite a profitable way to spend a Saturday.
    drcool
  10. Death Dealer

Death Dealer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am a Geographer by education, a Potash Miner by trade, and a Beekeeper by choice.
  11. Motoaxe

Motoaxe Doctor of Misfortune

Oddometer:
    I sell kitchen cabinet doors at a manufactures level. Also I have a startup home theater company and am an authorized Paradigm and Anthem dealer! Deep discounts for ADV people!
  12. KTMER

KTMER On roads less travelled

Oddometer:
    Electrician, have done all the usual stuff but now spend most of my time in building automation, also nurse call systems, tv systems....I work in a hospital
  13. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Software engineer specializing in high performance computing (supercomputers).

Happy to lend a hand to anybody needing help with their Windows or Linux PCs and Macs.
  14. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I'm a printer by trade and computers pretty much destroyed the side of the business I was in (B.C, LH's, Envs & invoices) and now I "print" beer & pop cans for a living. Those of you living in the East will recognize my work if you drink Kokanee Beer or any of the Big Rock brand of products that are sold in cans :patch

Oh yea I absolutley LOVE my fookin job :clap
  15. ArthDuro

ArthDuro quarantined

Oddometer:
    I have a local paper spread just like Uber's but from '96.
    I will refrain from posting it as hair warfare might erupt.:D

now for the plug

Mr. ArthDuro has been slinging paint and pencils since he was 9 months old
    and has spent the last 11 years of his life dabbling in the finer points of visual
    communications. That makes me a gun for hire in all things visual or the more
    commonly known graphic designer. Besides just straight up kickin' butt I might
    help you get graphics for your bike, get a shirt or album made, put together a
    website or put an identity to your company's image or product.

my first bike looked very much like this
    [​IMG]
  16. kahoon

kahoon who's yer daddy??

Oddometer:
    i gotta dig up some pics for you, doctor :evil we air lifted a bunch of chillers to the top of one of the TD buildings downtown back in 2000! a special helicopter (sikorsky skycrane, the same one used to place the top of the CN tower) was brought in to do the job! they closed most of the neighborhood for the duration of the lift, it was CRAZY!!

[​IMG]
  17. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Industrial Automation/Instrumentation. Currently at a fly in gold mine up North, two weeks in, two out. As a matter of fact, that's where I'm posting from!
  18. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    Industrial climber-this is how I make $$, before that I was in the ski biz for over 20 years and very poor

you asked for it.....be bored

Newfoundland-surge tank towers, hydro plant
    [​IMG]
    Indiana-exhaust duct, coal fired power plant
    [​IMG]
    Alaska-crane pedestal, oil rig
    [​IMG]
    Pennsylvania-steam lines, coal fired power plant
    [​IMG]
    Minnesota-top of nacelle, wind turbine
    [​IMG]
    Pennsylvania-blade, wind turbine
    [​IMG]
    Pennsylvania-blade, wind turbine
    [​IMG]
    New Brunswick-pinwheel, cell tower
    [​IMG]
    New Brunswick-pinwheel, cell tower
    [​IMG]

Hey ArthDuro, interested in helping me dream up a logo? If yes, I'll PM you with some details.

gone
  19. Mercenary

Mercenary Mindless Savage

Oddometer:
    Uhhhh.....Lemmie see......well right now I guess I am probably classified as a bum. No, wait.....I have a fixed address. Hmmm...I'm not sure what I can say here.

Out of work for three months now. Used to be a nitrogen truck driver in the oil patch in Northern Alberta. Before that I was a tradesman in a paper mill.

Kinda slow around these parts work wise.
  20. pitotshock

pitotshock Cheap Assed

Oddometer:
    Took my degree in Aerospace engineering in Ottawa, worked in Aerospace manufacturing for about 8 years, and now I sit in a comfy federal government office pushing paper around. Work on projects trying to spend hundreds of millions of dollars.