Mt Rosa anyone?

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by modette, Jul 12, 2013.

1. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Anyone up for Mt Rosa maybe tomorrow or Sunday? It be a limited size, very technical. I'll just haul my bike to FR379 and start from there.....
  2. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    ahhh time for the Report. So went and picked up pwrtrippin and trailered over to Gold Camp Rd and FR379. Still was dry at that point.

So we went up FR379 (I lost my plate) and then hit Mt Rosa. We only got so far due to pwrtrippin not having much clutch engagement and not wanting to risk burning it up.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/VTzg_5TMs9Y?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/VTzg_5TMs9Y?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

So we turned around and hit 626 over to FR381.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/g5WvrRV1JyQ?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/g5WvrRV1JyQ?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

It's a fun easy trail, nothing that exciting on it. We then went North on FR381 to the back side of Mt Rosa :D

Then we went up, well at least till it rained...and then lightning and we then came back down. That side is much harder but its a lot of fun.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/-r6RlN9QkkA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/-r6RlN9QkkA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

So we then hit 626 back to FR379 where we found my plate, then we hung out as it seemed like it was going to let up but never did.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/S7Db-lueUO0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/S7Db-lueUO0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

So we then pushed on and looped FR379 out to Seven Lakes Rd...then took Gold Camp Rd back to the trailer.
  3. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    Nice vids :clap

I liked that first trail, nice-n-knarly. Second one was cool too, flowy.

That's a heck of allot easier on the 300 than the XR isn't it?
  4. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    LOL Mt Rosa was one I never did on the XR650R, but once its rebuilt just for grins I plan to give it a try. But yeah it's night and day and if you do get stuck or need to adjust your line its not so hard to do.
  5. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/--y6tOrgmEA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/--y6tOrgmEA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  6. noskills

noskills Leaky

Oddometer:
    Mark,

I'm game for trying Mt Rosa when the XR is back up. We've tried stupid together before with that branch of 717 (717c I think).

Last video: "so Brian how do you feel" WET!

Thank for posting the videos so I can get my Pre ride single track fix! :clap
  7. Bobmentum

Bobmentum RMTA

Oddometer:
    Mt. Rosa = my angry trail. It is the standard by which I judge gnar, and a bike's propensity to overheat. Basically, it's how many switchbacks did I make it before I had to cool'er down.

My tail is still between my legs from the asswhoopin it threw on me last time. Can you tell?

I give Rosa the ADV salute!
    [​IMG]
  8. jvz123

jvz123 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Know this is an older thread, but gonna try Mt Rosa and Pipeline tomorrow (Sun 6/11).
    I ridden Capt Jacks before it closed, along with Pipeline, but never Mt Rosa.

Anyone up for it?
  9. jvz123

jvz123 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rode it yesterday, went from east to west on 672 over Rosa. But then Pipeline trail had a sign that it was closed for blasting from 6/8-17, so rode back up Rosa from west to east. I'd say the two sides are equally hard, both gnarly.

Was thinking for doing it again next Sunday, 6/18. Anyone up for it?
  10. abillerbeck

abillerbeck Motorcycle Junkie

Oddometer:
    I might be interested... what time are you thinking about going?
  11. jvz123

jvz123 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The day is open for me, could ride morning or afternoon.

9am?
  12. abillerbeck

Oddometer:
    9am would work. I'm thinking about camping/riding the trails over in San Isabel National Forest near Bishops Castle this weekend, so I'll keep you posted.... unless you would rather do that you're more than welcome to come along
  13. jvz123

jvz123 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The only trail i've done in that area was St Charles Peak, was a bit of bear. Can touch base later this week..
  14. abillerbeck

Oddometer:
    I did that trail this past Saturday and am in no hurry to do it again... may have crossed that fine line between fun and miserable. How does it compare to Mt. Rosa?
  15. jvz123

jvz123 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I thought St Charles was just touch bit harder, and longer distance wise. There are two step-ups right after a switchback that stand out as being at edge/over my skill level.
  16. abillerbeck

Oddometer:
    ok, lets plan on Mt. Rosa then