Mar. 28-31, 2013 Death Valley Noob's Rally

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by nsfw, Nov 15, 2012.

1. izzyblue

izzyblue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you Joel, all the volunteers , sponsors and all the usual suspects for making me feel so welcome! After riding our Easy "NOOBS" rides all day, the smiles from all the ladies and gents were truly appreciated! :D

Casey, Dave, Dan, Chris, long, Jason, Lyle , Todd and everyone on our Finn rides, we did have a great adventure and it was a pleasure riding with all you guys:) thank you all for helping me as well:freaky hope we can all ride together soon..

Joel, I think after falling thirty times in one day , I should win more than a key chain, like 20 Jimmy Lewis classes?

Special thanks to Jim for taking our stuff up there for us, :hair otherwise I would look like that.

Looking forwards for all the ride reports...

Until next time....

Thank you darling for showing us a little glimpse how to get lost..:raabia
    ~ Nancy
  2. pinevalley

pinevalley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes - thank you sweepers!

The forgotten heroes - riding in the back behind us slow ass FFs, eating dust and picking up those heavy bikes for us noobs time and time again.

I tip my helmets to you!

pinevalley

3. pinevalley

pinevalley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Totally agree! Mad skills for two days in the dirt.

4. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    If there is 1 event that you shouldn't miss on West Coast, that would be this one...
  5. Pcfly

Pcfly Dude?! Seriously?? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Joel,

Dirtmechanic (Rene) NEEDS that Seat Concepts gift certificate........I'm tired of hearing him bitch and moan about how he's sitting on a 2x4!! :lol3
  6. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer:
    Ok with over 180+ people in attendance how about a little more input on the ride reports.

Hell I didn't even ride and have a report up.....of course it kinda sucked and was boring in a sense and no one broke down on the loop I swept on (which is good) but it was still a trip, of sorts...I guess....

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=875195

NOW POST YOUR DAMN PICS AND REPORTS UP ALREADY!!!!
  7. heirhead

heirhead Worlds Worst Mechanic

Oddometer:
    Hey, I was a sweeper on 3 rides!! Not designated, just slower. In fact 2 of the 3 days riders had to come back for me as I had crashed. Not a true Noob as been riding my whole life but just like to plunk along. Thanks to all of the organizers, (joel), plus support staff, and all of the goodies donated as I won much. Will see finn about that one day ride, maybe test ride my first Husaberg. Great ride to Golar/Mengal with Rob, Allen, John, Jack, Scott, Zach, Steve, (thanks for stopping after crash) and a few others.185 miles. Next day, with Zach and Missy. Hunter, Teakettle, Racetrack, Ubehebe, Scottys Castle, Beatty, Titus Cyn.254 miles. Day 3 with Gpskevin, Jeffrey and Missy to Lookout City, Osborne Cabin, Trona for lunch, Ballarat. 101 miles. Left them at Trona, I was knackered as I had crashed, again! Great ride leader, and fun people for sure. Can ride at any pace, no problem. lots of laughs around campsite.Check out his Website as leads excellent, well planned rides anywhere, any place, anytime @ gpskevin. I ate dust for 3 days and had a blast, met lots of great peeps. L18flyboy and son, Brennan came over and brought marshmallows to roast. Rob, hope you don't get a flat in Moab. Might have to carry a large rock with you. Allen, Pm me and I will send you some books you haven't read. Went to a respiratory therapist when I got home and he asked if I had worked in a coal or asbestos mine for 30 yrs? No, just Noob ride for 3 days!!
    Well after riding in 266 each way, total was 1,072 miles, no problem for the mighty DR350.
    Thanks to Airborndad and friend for stopping on Trona rd as I had a flat. Pinch from rim lock installed by dealer as didn't want to screw it up myself.
    My Ode to NOOBS. Not to slight to John and Paul

Sunshine, rocky roads
    Golar Wash a must
    But tomorrow might rain
    So I'll follow follow your dust

Thanks again to all.
    C U next yr.
    Heirhead
  8. GSequoia

GSequoia I know a few things about radios... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes sir, I'll get it done today, sir!
  9. Stinez

Stinez Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer:
    Added to because stuff like that deserves a salute. (Military style and NOT ADV style. :evil )
  10. Scubalong

Scubalong Long timer

Oddometer:
    Agree, Those sweepers deserve some ....... :killen:devildog
  11. macadamia

macadamia XK Red 27 Technique Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't know what it is, but you can get hold of his wife through this website...

gearmojo.com
  12. macadamia

macadamia XK Red 27 Technique Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm still working my way home... I stayed at PSR for an extra day, then took my time packing up the bike. I rode out the eastern entrance, visiting Furnace Creek and Dante's View on the way to Pahrump for the night. I'm having lunch in Baker CA, stalling a bit before I get on the freeway for the slog home. I'll post photos and stories soon... :clap
  13. dirt donkey

dirt donkey Adventurer

Oddometer:
    WOW - what a great experience. Went from Noob to - > advanced beginner. Learned sooo much. Can't thank everyone enough for making it happen - joel, randall, trip leaders, (#2) jimmy, airborne dad for the raffle prizes, adobe, etc. And all the fun times and people along the way. Truly a journey - can't wait for next year. peace.
  14. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    I think everybody should post a picture of their raffle prizes in action. Just like this one...
  15. espi

espi scheming adventurer

Oddometer:

Thanks Joel, Seth!

I will use it for next years pics.

Very much appreciated,

Pablo:clap
  16. dirtmech

dirtmech Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gift certificate??? Where????
  17. itnanti

itnanti aka "cautious cotta"

Oddometer:
    Thank you Joel, to you and your crew for putting this amazing event on. 1st time to Death Valley, 1st time hanging with the ADVRIDER family, 1st time putting on 200+ miles in a day, and hopefully not the last. Can't wait for the next ride.

P.S. Joel, your motion pro tire gauge looks awesome in my garage :rofl
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  18. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie High-Tech Meets Low Class Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lake Isabella, CA USA / Mai Chau, Vietnam
  19. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    Sad to see that Jimmy drank the koolaide. :cry

He looked much better doing those things on a GS. :rofl
  20. GSequoia

GSequoia I know a few things about radios... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah but then the other Jimmy would have made fun of him.