Vegas Riders sign in

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by JJMTCHNV, Jul 9, 2010.

1. JJMTCHNV

JJMTCHNV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hey all, I live on mt. charleston & thought it would be fun to have all the vegas riders sighn in. If its already been done, let me know & Il let it die. Just wanna know what we got out there. :1drink
  2. ViperJustin

ViperJustin Retired HH60G Gunner

Oddometer:
    Signing in...
  3. nigelcorn

nigelcorn Wannabe.

Oddometer:
    Just moved here over the weekend and was noticing that there doesn't seem to be much activity for Vegas in the regional forums.

I would have thought there would be lots of riders with the year round potential in this area.

Is there another forum used more by Vegas riders?
  4. Skowinski

Skowinski opposable thumbs

Oddometer:
    I'm hanging around here. There is another forum I think some of the locals use, it's called my2wheels or something like that...

Too damn hot to ride right now!
  5. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    way too hot right now,
    but when it cools down a bit
    check out Apex rd North of North Las Vegas for some good riding
  6. squirley

squirley punk in drublic

Oddometer:
    Its never to hot!............Unless it's after 10:00 am! Signing in. I live in Aliante.
  7. JJMTCHNV

JJMTCHNV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Squirley, NOFX fan?
  8. VegasRider

VegasRider Ya, I'm a n00b.

Oddometer:
    Checking in from Henderson. Fck - too hot to even wrench after 11AM. Just went out now at 7PM and my bike and tools are still scorching.

Lot of locals over at my2wheels.com
  9. VegasRider

VegasRider Ya, I'm a n00b.

Oddometer:
    There's plenty of riding here over the summer... most of the riders just end up in UMC with heat stroke. :D

Seriously, it isn't too bad just before, through about an hour after sunup. With active cooling gear, (like a cool vest, etc...) it isn't too horrible throughout the rest of the morning.
  10. VEGASHOTWHEELER

VEGASHOTWHEELER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Checkin in NW Vegas Craig n Decatur area
    I use same sign on for my2wheels.com and stromtroopers.com
    Mike
  11. ybracing

ybracing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's to hot! It's to cold! I do have an opinion on that type of mentality but I will keep it to myself. There are a lot of places to ride in the Vegas area. Some are better in the summer and some are better in the winter. Right now, you look for elevation to ease your over heating problem.
    Welcome to Las Vegas, hope to ride with you soon.
    Just checking in.
  12. nigelcorn

nigelcorn Wannabe.

Oddometer:
    So, as a newbie to Vegas, where are some good riding places (especially with elevation)?

I have heard about Cold Creek (from m2w), and am going to try to go for a ride there this Saturday.

Any other good suggestions?
  13. ybracing

ybracing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you are dual sport riding then you can go to Caliente via Corn Creek, Morman Wells, Elgin. This is always a fun run. Once in Caliente you can ride for days. There are so many trails, dirt roads. Caliente is about 150 miles N/E of Vegas on hwy 93. Higher elevation means it is cooler than the valley.
    Cold Creek is limited as to how many trials and dirt roads you can ride. You can ride from Cold Creek to Pahrump and then back to Vegas via Lovell Canyon and Red Rock Park.
    There are some great dirt roads around Alamo also(about 75 miles N/E on hwy 93).
    You might want to get a map and start studying it or hook up with some of the inmates here and ride with them. This are is so wide open the only question to ask is: which direction do I feel like traveling today? Uh, maybe East?
    Keep an eye on this forum for rides. I will post up the next time I ride. I do a lot of mid week riding so I usually ride alone but would welcome anyone that wants to go.
  14. DrunkinMaster

DrunkinMaster MAGA

Oddometer:
    NW Las Vegas here and Nigel when you come up to Corn Creek Saturday we can talk about some other places to ride, it is too hot for most places around vegas right now but just wait till it cools down, lots of riding. Right now i head to altitude which is why I head to the mountains in Summer, Utah in two weeks also. BTW i'm Merk on M2W.
  15. Nevada

Nevada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Utah Valley, Utah, USA - unless out riding.
    I'm in Upper Hooterville (aka bordering Anthem and Seven Hills). Don't have an Adventure Bike yet (sorting out what I want vs what I can get), unless you count chasing a school bus over dirt roads across a reservation in New Mexico on a Triumph sportbike as "adventure." The kids in the bus were catching some serious AIR... I finally let the bus disappear in a cloud of dust...

I'd love to give some dual sport riding a try if anybody has a mild bike they can let me try. It just might save me a few grand, or get me hooked bad.
  16. crspep

crspep Circling the drain

Oddometer:
    Holy cow ! ! ! A thread from Vegas..... I guess some people here use 702sportbikes.com If you go to the board index, there's a dirt forum and a dualsport forum.......Never been there till tonight, just heard about it through a hard core adventure/dualsport rider a while back........ There's some current & ex-desert racers that do the dualsport thing, but they like to stay mostly to the single track stuff. I've heard some stories of some great rides, but I never seem to have the time to go when everybody else does...... I've also been looking to go to one of the death valley runs that seem semi popular on this site and see if I can put some faces to some of the inmates found here..... I hope to see more vegas traffic on here.
  17. DrunkinMaster

DrunkinMaster MAGA

Oddometer:
    I don't, never even gave it a thought until you said they have a dual spot forum but it seemed i had to become a member to see that so I'll stick with M2W. I'd be pissed if i had a sportbike here, there's no place to really ride and the usual areas they ride I'd be board after the first 3 months and then your screwed as the really fun riding it 3 hours away and on a sport bike = lots of pain. Just my thoughts.
  18. ViperJustin

ViperJustin Retired HH60G Gunner

Oddometer:
    Tell me about it... Theres only a few nice roads just outside of town and most of the time, theyre being watched by the LEOs. At least Im comfortable on my bike whenever I go to DV or Utah to find those awesome twisties.
  19. Velocibiker

Velocibiker Adventure Antagonist

Oddometer:
    Check. Actually, the best local DS forum for Vegas is My2Wheels. Rides always going on...
  20. nigelcorn

nigelcorn Wannabe.

Oddometer:
    my2wheels is a great site, at least for the Vegas area. Seems like somebody has a ride planned pretty much every weekend in the area.