2013 Moose Run AMA Dual Sport, Walden, CO Aug 2-5

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by HellSickle, Apr 14, 2013.

1. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    The third annual Moose Run AMA dual sport ride will be August 2-4th, 2013 in Walden, CO. This year's event is benefiting Blue Ribbon Coalition, Trails Preservation Alliance, and Stay the Trail.

The ride format will be the same as in the past. There will be A, B, and C loops. Registration starts Friday night. Saturday will be a very full day, regardless which route you pick. The A/B loop will be ~130 miles with less than 10 miles of pavement. A gas stop will be available. Sunday is shorter, since the AMA insurance turns into a pumpkin at 4pm.

More details to follow. We're in the AMA calendar. The event website should be up soon.
  2. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
  3. bigdog1807

bigdog1807 Miles Craven

Oddometer:
    Hey Hellsickle, I'm semi new to area and I rode with Wudscrasher a couple weeks ago. Your name came up. I'd be interested in this ride. Any chance we could get a few guys together for a beer or three or a ride? I'm trying to get in the circle of bad influence and find some riding buddies. :freaky
  4. Wudscrasher

Wudscrasher Stand-Up Philosopher

Oddometer:
    :thumb Come ride the Dinosaur in 2 weeks!

The Ft. Collins Beer Thread will answer your question about that.
  5. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    NCTR meeting is the second Tuesday of every month. KTM shop in Loveland, 7pm.
  6. bigdog1807

bigdog1807 Miles Craven

Oddometer:
    I was hoping to make the Dino Run but have a buddy coming in Thu afternoon and not sure time will allow the prep needed + the 5hr ride to Craig. I was at the NCTR meeting in March. I may make it tomorrow.
  7. drz400smoto

drz400smoto Katoom Rider

Oddometer:
    Can we do membership fees/form at meeting tomorrow?
  8. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Ayup. After June 1, we should have online membership renewal available.

FYI, the Moose Run Registration site is up.
  9. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:

Bump for a great event to benefit Blue Ribbon Coalition, Stay the Trail, and Trail Preservation Alliance.

This year I'm adding a B+ loop for those who found A too challenging, and B too easy. A/B+ loops will be 120 miles with 2 gas stops. B loop will be 110 miles with the same 2 gas stops.