PDX Off Pavement Ride

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by matloik, Nov 7, 2009.

1. mtbdemon

mtbdemon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I'm going to go with a bit better winter tire for offroad on my 620, but still need something that decent on the street. Does anyne have any suggestions and where to buy them? Thanks!
  2. WB-PDX

WB-PDX Long timer

Oddometer:
    A lot of people with a lot of money like the TKC80s. Other than that you are looking at the DOT knobbies made by IRC\Kenda\Maxxis\ChenShin\Dunlop D606.
  3. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great tires. 606's And I know where there is a set for cheep.

PM sent
  4. mtbdemon

mtbdemon Long timer

Oddometer:
    And I have sent a PM back at ya!!!
  5. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Fixed :D
  6. WB-PDX

WB-PDX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Weather is looking worse for Saturday, rain and 41? :eek1
  7. hackster

hackster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sunday is looking much better than Saturday......also one of my supermoto chums can make it on Sunday as well. I am available if anyone wants to do that instead.

Thoughts?

Sean
  8. lunchkrispy

lunchkrispy The Lazy Bastard

Oddometer:
    Another supermoto guy checking in. Sunday works for me but I reserve the right to bail if it's snowing in the hills. Does your previous route tie in to Dixie Rd at all? We've been out that way quite a bit but never quite as far north as Scappoose
  9. Squirrels

Squirrels SoloSquirrel

Oddometer:
    Sunday works for me.

Was scouting hills east of Vancouver today. Not too much snow right now, but Scappoose'd be better.

Also saw Jones Creek to be open until Dec. 1st.
  10. abbott413

abbott413 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey guys another supermoto junkie... We are comin out of the wood work:D. I also would be in if it was Sunday. I would be good with Jones Creek or whatever. I'd prefer to keep the hwy miles to a minimum if possible. In the mean time I will keep an eye on this thread.:type
  11. mtbdemon

mtbdemon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just looked at the video on the Barlow road ride and I/WE HAVE to ride that this next year!! That would be a great time and perhaps a good time to try campiing off the bike for a night?
    Now I have to get some different tires
  12. hackster

hackster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just checking to see if any of the ADV riders are down for a ride this weekend. I am thinking Sunday Morning will work the best for a majority of us.

I would like to learn my way around the area that you guys rode last weekend......

Anyone interested? If we know when and where we are going, I will setup a meeting time and exact location.

Sean
  13. matloik

matloik kludge

Oddometer:
    I'd go ... but it's gonna rain. Myself or WB-PDX, out of those who participated in the last couple of rides, probably know the routes the best. I don't want to commit to riding in the rain, but if it looks like we might get a break Sunday morning ...
  14. mtbdemon

mtbdemon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm hittin' the slopes Sunday-Should have some decent powder but probably a bit wet!
  15. Squirrels

Squirrels SoloSquirrel

Oddometer:
    I'm expecting broken light showers on Sunday. Are we still on? I'm assuming meeting at 9:00 am at Grand Central Bakery again. I still don't have OR maps of the area in detail, but I can figure something out if necessary. I hope to see ya'll there.
  16. WB-PDX

WB-PDX Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not going, Sundays don't generally work for me.
  17. matloik

matloik kludge

Oddometer:
    I guess I can be there ... see what happens as far as the rain, how long we ride ...
  18. matloik

matloik kludge

Oddometer:
    Well, a last-minute thing turned into quite a fun ride. It was me and Squirrels. Squirrels rallied and I took the bait. Thanks, E -- good times! Too bad you SM boys couldn't join us. Next time I guess someone should be more of an assertive instigator.

We got rained on from time to time, but no biggie. And we found some new stashes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. hackster

hackster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry about not hooking up with you guys.....the notice this morning was a bit ummmmm shall we say short...:rofl

My buddy Ken and I made plans late yesterday after not hearing from anyone on here.

We ventured up to browns camp to find some trails......and boy did we. Turns out that there is some pretty gnarly stuff up there in the snow and mud!!! There was snow at rogers camp and it just got deeper the farther up the mountain you went.

We made it up a few things that neither of us had bargained for and just about the end of the day, a nasty rut got the best of me.....funny part was that it was in the middle of a nasty foot deep lake of water. So the bike is on its side in the puddle running, and I have succeeded in filling my boot with snow/mud/water concoction. I hopped off and got the bike back on its feet and is all I could do was laugh. Good times......we gotta hook up with you guys soon and share some of our trails..

Sorry it wasnt this time!!!:freaky

Sean
  20. Squirrels

Squirrels SoloSquirrel

Oddometer:
    <center>
    I stayed nice and dry with a good helping of layers and textile riding gear.
    I did get a face full of muddy water when hitting a rut puddle with too much speed. Keep visor down, check.
    We also found a back way onto the power line road Wade took us to earlier this fall. We got to see the other side of the hill we dared not descend. The accent from this new side wasn't going to happen till things dried out. For being a wet day, there was alot of sun. Thanks for showing Mat.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    </center>