1999 Husky 360 basket case

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by Squanto!, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Squanto!

Squanto! Master of Silent Death Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just grabbed a 99 Husky 360 basket case for the fabulous Dirtgrlll. $300! Its in 4 boxes but I got it from a good friend so I know its all (or almost all) there. The engine had a holed piston and blown crank (from the debris) but came with a freshly rebuilt crank still in the wrappings and shipping box from Halls. Dirtgrlll has repeatedly complained about not being able to "Loft" the front wheel on her KLX250. This should cure that quickly! :D Pics to follow very shortly.
  2. Squanto!

Oddometer:
    Here's how it looked when we dragged it home!

[​IMG]

Not pleased that the head was pulled off the case with the bike still filthy but I'm splitting the cases anyway so I'll be chemically cleaning the entire interior of the engine anyway. The Barrel is in my shop already, on the bench and getting honed. Fortunately the walls of the jug were in great shape so its just going to need a Piston/Rings. Seeing that there is debris in the engine (you can see it) the new crank will get new case bearings and seals.

[​IMG]

The Fork is in great shape and free from any dents. The wheels were also in great shape. The friend I bought it from was bored one night so he trued both the rims. The tires will go and I'll put in new wheel bearings for good measure.

[​IMG]

The Classic Box of Crap that goes with basket cases, there are 3 but I'll save Baldy some bandwidth and just post one pic.

The needed parts have been delivered by the Brown Truck so the engine rebuild will commence shortly.
  3. lilsmokey

lilsmokey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very nice! i just wish i had friends like that. I could use a husaberg 501 basket case.... Haha good luck with the project.
  4. pjm204

pjm204 Long timer

Oddometer:
    hmm, I'm wondering if this used to be my bike....Is there a weld on the top triple clamp? If it is, then I put new rear wheel bearings in before selling it I believe. shoot me a PM letting me know who you bought it from
  5. 14fg

14fg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    sweet! dont happen to have any extra 360 bottom ends in your boxes of parts do ya? looking for a 6 speed tranny to swap into my husky wr250 thats currently apart with a blown piston/junk crank... wanna trade my 5 speed for you 6 speed? :evil
  6. Squanto!

Oddometer:
    The bikes original owner came from MA, it had a quick trip to RI before I grabbed it. Sorry no extra bottom ends.