Hayabusa owners sign in thread

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Jellyrug, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Sox Fan

Sox Fan SoxFan

Oddometer:
    Just called Progressive to get a quote as I am considering buying an 06 Hayabusa. $208 for a year, liability only.

44 years old, near perfect credit score, few tickets, no accidents. I already have two bikes and three cars insured with them.

I feel bad for the youngsters and what they pay for insurance.
  2. kml666

kml666 n00b

Oddometer:
    Just finished adding a Yosh aluminum endurance racing tank. Four pounds lighter (like that makes a difference) and 3.5 liters more capacity.

cheers
    ken

Attached Files:

3. Skowinski

Skowinski opposable thumbs

Oddometer:
    Got it all back together. All fluids flushed/changed. New Bridgestone BT023's front and rear. New DID X-ring chain (old one, although only 5,800 miles, had a tight spot I didn't like). New EBC HH pads front and rear coming today via the guy driving the brown truck (stock front brakes feel a bit wooden to me). Also have a centerstand I found on ebay coming today. I think I'm gonna like this bike! :D

[​IMG]
  4. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    So what do You think of it so far Slowinski?
  5. Skowinski

Oddometer:
    Haven't ridden it much except for around near the house so far, but a week from today 4 of us are headed out for a week! :freaky Going to make a lap of Arizona, New Mexico, maybe southern Colorado. I'll post some pics and comments when I get back. :D
  6. DynaSport

DynaSport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What are you doing for luggage?
  7. Jellyrug

Jellyrug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm cheap, a nice $30 backpac tied to the rear seat gives me all the storage I need.
  8. DynaSport

DynaSport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am trying to learn to travel lighter, but I can't get all I want to take with me for a week in a backpack.
  9. 1200B

1200B Ride everywhere...

Oddometer:
    how much did the tank cost you and where did you get it?
    would be nice to have a fast sportbike but with a large tank, with out going to a big sport touring bike...
  10. Sport

Sport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The last LE purchased on Feb 4th of 06. Now has 37,000 on it, Amsoil, Throttlemeister, V1, PR2s or 3s and extended 'bungee' bolts for a 22" Thor seatbag using two bungee cords and a net. With a TM Cortech mini tankbag, that's all I need for a two week tour.

Attached Files:

11. Skowinski

Oddometer:
    Just put together this Cortech luggage set. Leaving Sunday morning for a 7 day trip, going to test it out! :nod

[​IMG]
  12. Sport

Sport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Goes anywhere.

Attached Files:

13. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have Heli Bars and a Gel Seat on Mine. that and lower pegs made a world of difference
  14. jimmy da fish

jimmy da fish Western bound , Hammer down!

Oddometer:
    bought it in nov 09, put on 14,000 miles , 5 rear tires , and a lot of smiles

Came with:

'05 Suzuki Hayabusa.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    LEE'S PERFORMANCE STAGE 2. 175 RWHP. DYNOed. MUZZY FAN. GALFER ROTORS F/R. GALFER STEEL BRAIDED LINES F/R & CLUTCH. IVANS TRE(RACE ONLY). ORIENT EXPRESS HEAVY DUTY CLUTCH SPRINGS. 17/42 GEARING. K & N OIL AND AIR FILTER W/RED LINE RACING OIL. FULL YOSH SYSTEM FROM HEADER BACK. AIR BOX MOD. P.A.I.R. MOD. NEWER O-RING CHAIN, NEWER BATTERY. HID HIGH BEAM(NOT LOW), SPORT TECH BLACK CHROME WINDSCREEN WITH MATCHING RED CUSTOM GRAPHICS, ILLUMIGLO GUAGES WITH FACEPLATES. GRILLS, BUSA GRIPS, JET BLACK POWDER COATED GRAB RAILS, WHEELS AND BAR ENDS WITH PRISM METALLIC FLAKE. FENDER ELIMINATED WITH REMOUNTED TAG AND LED TURN SIGNALS

I did:

Genmar riser , 12 volt acc plug, lower pegs , soft saddle bags , low profile tankbag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. kml666

kml666 n00b

Oddometer:
    http://japan.webike.net/products/9513330.html

cheers
    ken
  16. Skowinski

Oddometer:
    Just returned a few days back. Really like the way this bike works on a tour. Covered about 1200 miles, no big days really, the most was about 350 miles, but the bike worked perfectly. Effortless power and speed, think I'm gonna keep this one for a while. :freaky

[​IMG]
  17. optimum_malarky

optimum_malarky Premium nonsense

Oddometer:
    Does anyone use their Hayabusa as a two-up sport tourer? I'm interested in the big bike, but only as a replacement for my 1150gs, which provides loads of reliable, basic (boring) comfort for touring. I'd like something sportier for the wife and myself to enjoy, but I don't think the dedicated sport-tourers (c14, fjr, sprint gt) are the ticket. Feedback is much appreciated from those who have tried it, who make it work regularly, or who wouldn't go there period!

Oh, dead thread... revived!:evil
  18. road_donkey

road_donkey not really into it..

Oddometer:
    My wife has ridden with me on my K8 numerous times for 5-6 hour rides. Usually run with a tankbag and a Wolfman Beta behind her on an SW-Motech rack. Decent comfort 2-up; she has fallen asleep many times!

It's even good for 2-up camping...!

[​IMG]
  19. Tropical Bird

Tropical Bird From the front line

Oddometer:
    Yoshi goodness...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Braided lines, EBC sintered pads.

Heli bars and 1 inch Genmar riser.
  20. Skowinski

Oddometer:
    Nice looking bike! :thumb Are the Yoshimura exhausts very loud?