Lock up your bike!!

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by RFVC600R, Dec 29, 2012.

1. MacNoob

MacNoob piney fresh

Oddometer:
    I find that dog cookies and ice cream cones are great for making new friends!
  2. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    I have known some dogs who are smart/cautious enough to refuse even the tastiest treat from strangers. Even after the owner says its OK, they won't take it. Those three look like that type.

I do the same thing, though. When my garage door is open, the neighborhood dogs like to visit me, because I keep some doggy biscuits or Beggin' Strips on hand. I love dogs.
  3. MacNoob

MacNoob piney fresh

Oddometer:
    Car dealer I used to deal with had an auto wrecker/body shop next door with a massive mean-looking shepherd-type guard dog. Sales guy almost died one day when I walked over to the fence to the dog, stuck my arm through a hole, and gave the dog the end of my ice cream cone out of my hand. "Don't you know that dog will take your arm off?!!"

Didn't tell him that dog had been getting treats from me every few weeks for the past year and was my best buddy already....
  4. IheartmyNx

IheartmyNx Ihave2draft

Oddometer:

LOL at the "insider trading" that worked out in your favor...
  5. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    a few years ago I went to Pigeon Forge with my daughter's softball team. On of the other Dad also rides, and since we had an "off" day on the schedule, we trailered our bikes up there so we could get some riding in. To make a long story short, it just so happened that I had to move the trailer which was secured to a utility pole using a cable lock. My friend was about a hundred miles away on his bike, and he had the key to the lock. :eek1

I went to the local hw store and bought a $4 hacksaw and ten minutes later the cable lock was history.
  6. RFVC600R

RFVC600R Long timer

Oddometer:

Hacksaws aren't that loud either.
  7. Kommando

Kommando Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup. That's why you should use multiple layers of security.