Which Sidi Boots?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Rob.G, May 21, 2013.

1. Rob.G

Rob.G Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    I'm going to order some new boots soon. True "dirt" boots. I've narrowed it down to two, both Sidi... the Crossfire SRS or the Crossfire 2 SR. I'm trying to decide if the 2 SR is worth $50 more than the SRS. Both have the replaceable soles and other parts. I like the look of the SRS better (the "flat" black look), but I want the best boot that will last and save my legs and feet.

Any opinions? :)

Rob
  2. Urban Toreador

Urban Toreador Banned

Oddometer:
    Man if you can borrow a pair of plastic boots first I would. They an be soo uncomfortable if you get the wrong pair. But they wash up easy. If you've ever worn a bad pair of ski boots you'll know what I mean.
  3. Snowbound

Snowbound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just returned a pair of the SRS 2 boots . My right foot is a bit larger .Too short and rubbed on top of toe knuckle . These were the same size as my other two pair of Sidi boots Adv. Rain and Combat lights .11 1/2 is my usual size .
    I am going to wait until I can try the next pair on before I buy .
  4. Our man in Bangkok

Our man in Bangkok mud plugger

Oddometer:
    Consider the chargers. Boots die in 2 seasons. Charger does 90% of the crossfires and costs a bunch less. You can\t replace the sole... but by the time the sole wears out the boots are dead.
  5. malcolmzilla

malcolmzilla Adventurer

Oddometer:
    3rd year on mr Crossfire SRS, woods to Baja to Moab, replaced soles 3x, and a buckle, still water proof and comfortable with good protection. Going new, I'd spend the $50 on the SR2's, why not get the BEST. Order a set of the enduro soles if you ride woods and need to hoof the bike occasionally.
  6. Rob.G

Rob.G Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    Great, this sounds awesome. Soon as I have the money and find a 10% off coupon for Motorcycle-Superstore, I'll order. :)

I'm not that "intense" of a dirt rider, but I want good protection for when I DO go ride "real" trails. Who knows, these may end up replacing my Sidi Adventure boots, especially if they're waterproof.

Rob
  7. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hhhhmmmm I have to disagree on the 2 year thing. I have a set of Sidi Discoveries that are my dual sport boots and they have almost 7 years and who knows how many miles on them, still good as new. I also have Sidi Crossfires that are my dirt only boots, again 4 years and lots of miles also still good as new. I plan on replacing soles when they need it and wearing these things until I can't buy parts for them if needed. No signs of them being worn out any time soon. Of course YMMV.
  8. Rob.G

Rob.G Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    I suppose those remarks could be about other brands. Like, I've had three pairs of Alpinestars boots and none of them have lasted worth crap. They replaced one set under warranty and those too went south after just over a year. And my Tech 2's started coming apart after getting wet, and they won't even answer my emails about them. So no more Alpinestars for me.

Rob
  9. Pangia

Pangia Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a pair of Crossfire SRS's from about 4 seasons ago - I love em. Comfortable, great fit and protection...mine are not waterproof. One significant water crossing and my feet are wet - but I wear my pants tucked in my boots - that may make a difference.
  10. XRman

XRman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I crashed big time last week. My helmet was first point of impact, boots were next. The legs survived well thanks to the Sidi Crossfires SRS. Big tick of approval from me.