Bike Show in Linz - anyone going?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Seppo, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Seppo

Seppo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hy everyone,
    at the begining of feb. there is the bike show in linz. i´m planning to go there, any chance i will run into someone of you?
    cheers seppo
  2. everywherevirtually

everywherevirtually In Omnibus Caritas

Oddometer:
    I'll be there Seppo. Hoping to ride down the few Km's on the bike :evil
    Might ask BMW Höglinger Denzel if they want to feature my bike on the stand. They'll probably say no :lol3
  3. Seppo

Seppo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    g´day

that would be then just us two adv riders there. when will you be there? wanna meet?

cheers
    seppo
  4. Direktor

Direktor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you put more informations about show in Linz? Any links?
    When is this fair taking places?
  5. Seppo

Seppo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    g´day

the bike show in linz takes place next weekend, from friday the 5th to sunday the 7th. its not very big, but i liked it last time i was there. their homepage is here, but only in german (as i said, not a very big event)

some new bikes will be there, like the new honda vfr1200, bmw s1000rr, the new yamaha yz450 (said to be as revolutionary as the new bergs) and many other

cheers
    seppo
  6. everywherevirtually

Oddometer:
    Hi Seppo, sorry I missed your post. I was there today. I was the only motorcyclist that actually rode there. :huh

when are you planning to go?

I will post the photos soon once uploaded flickr. The semi naked lady photos might have to be emailed over :evil

Cheers

Jon
  7. Seppo

Seppo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    damn, i´ve been there yesterday to. the weatherforecast said snow for the weekend and i have to drive the snowplow then, so i decided yesterday morning to go on friday. had to take the cage (i don´t own one, took my mothers tiny peugeot), both of my bikes are currently not ready...
    how did you like it? i didn´t expect so many people, i mean, friday? don´t they have to work?
    pics will follow
    cheers
    seppo
  8. everywherevirtually

Oddometer:
    That's a shame :cry. I went yesterday because some friends from Amstetten were going too. The event was OK if a little quiet. Then again I come from a tiny Island with 60 million people so being able to move freely without being trampled on is a new experience :lol3

The quality of the ladies adorning the bikes I also thought was very good :evil

The design centre is a good location. Warm and bright inside. The only down side is that the security staff said I had to pay for the car park. In the rest of the world parking is free for bikes. That should be especially so at a bike event and especially a bike event where there is snow on the ground and I'm the only biker that rode there :huh

I could have parked up on the pavement but I didn't want trouble as an 800GS with British plates is easy to pick out.

my photos are here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/everywherevirtually/sets/72157623243162129/
  9. Seppo

Seppo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i just had a look at your pics, very nice. and i found myself in one of them, but with the back to the camera. img 2314, i´the one with the green checked jacked. that was close man...
  10. catweasel67

catweasel67 RD04

Oddometer:

is there a Wien bike show? I know there's a Wien sex messe thingie but I don't recall seeing any mention of a motorrahhddeer show-en...
  11. Seppo

Seppo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    nope, there will be no show in vienna this year. as far as i know, the organizers didn´t manage to book the "messehalle" early enough. the one in linz was the only one this year.
    cheers
    seppo
  12. catweasel67

catweasel67 RD04

Oddometer:
    bugger, oh well, ces't la vie as the germans say, thanks anyway Seppo