PHX BMW dealers.

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by blatant, Jul 3, 2010.

1. blatant

blatant Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thx.

do the prices I mentioned seem in line with what you guys have bought?
  2. azredline

azredline Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll +1 this. I have an LT also and Victory has treated me very well both in service and sales. No problems at all.

Have used Ironhorse in the past, no problem, but got sick of the 100mi for services.
  3. refokus

refokus Hmmmmmm Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 go for the used bike, save a few bucks to help out on the taxes you have to pay. Good luck with the purchase, I am hoping to get one of them 800's some day soon. Keep us posted.

Hell, after doing all of this research, you might want to get that Chevy pickup and a WR450............:wink: :clap
  4. blatant

blatant Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Trigger = fckn pulled!

gdspdblkdemperor...sure you can be my wrench...do you take beer?<script type="text/javascript">vbmenu_register("postmenu_13387947", true); </script>
  5. Desertbilly

Desertbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I brought home my new Monster 1100 from GoAZ today, and I noticed two things about the way the bike was prepped.

First, I picked up the bike with 5 miles on the odometer, and both tires looked like this:
    [​IMG]
    They have been lightly scuffed in with sand paper or steel wool, by a service tech.

Second, a charger cord has been installed on the battery:
    [​IMG]
    I always put a charger cord on a new bike, but I wasn't looking forward to doing it on bike this because it takes quite a while to get in to the battery on this bike. Now I don't have to.

Both of these things were done without discussion or expense. I think this is fabulous customer service for a dealer to do both of these things automatically.
  6. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    Personally, I would NOT want them to do either to MY bike. :dunno
  7. blatant

blatant Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    lol, garthe,

dude i can't wait to meet you!:freaky
  8. refokus

Oddometer:
    You are just too picky.........:rofl :lol3
  9. refokus

Oddometer:
    How is the search going for the new 800?
  10. Crashed Bad

Crashed Bad Big man, little bike

Oddometer:
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun
    Um, I think they rode the bike dude. It would have celebrated many birthdays on the sales floor to rack up 5 miles on the odo pushing it in and out.
  11. gdspdblkdemperor

gdspdblkdemperor Captain Bavaria

Oddometer:
    Add pizza to that and you got a deal. :lol3

And as always, I'll be able to add you to my references of satisfied BMW owners. So if one day you get a call asking if I'm a good BMW mechanic, you get to smile and say yes. :thumb

Just ask Garthe...I'm getting better at not spilling oil everywhere. :rofl
  12. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    :super
  13. coorsleftfield

coorsleftfield Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for a new GS. Called Victory in Chandler, they said no demo bikes, no test rides.. Think I'll head up to GoAZ and see if they want to make a deal.
  14. seabee1

seabee1 we build, we fight

Oddometer:
    im afraid ive got to go with the minority here. ive had great experience with victory. havent bought a bike there yet, but ive had service work, recall work, warrantee work, tires put on, etc. and had nothing but fantastic work done and communication from them. they also completely rebuilt my adv when i fubar'd it on the 202 at 75mph. bike ran like new when they were done.
  15. Gizmo

Gizmo Hermes

Oddometer:
    The only surprise to me is I thought all BMW MC dealers offered test rides. It was a definite distinction between BMW motorcycle dealers and others. But no surprise Victory would take that stance, in my experience they are the least customer service oriented of the dealers in AZ.
  16. Rick Lee

Rick Lee Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've had great experiences with GoAZ, Victory and Iron Horse. I don't believe Victory has a no demo ride policy. They might have a moratorium until they get more bikes in, but I have seen them sell demo bikes while I was there and I have been offered test rides on a GSA and a K1300S there. I bought my GS there in July and they had a demo GSA at the time I was also eyeing. I bought from Vic and have talked with Tylor several times. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I've heard horror stories about both dealers up here in Phoenix, but I've had nothing but great experiences with them. Steve and Louie at GoAZ are great guys. I really wanted to buy from Steve, but Victory was the only dealer in AZ that had a used GS on the floor at the time I wanted to buy.
  17. Kristen Kay

Kristen Kay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My personal preference is Victory. I've always been treated very well there.
  18. sonoran

sonoran Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Last time I was at Victory I was told they lost their insurance to provide demo rides. Replacement coverage was supposedly being worked on with some urgency. That was a few weeks ago.