Motoport/Cycleport Alterations

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by hazard, Dec 17, 2012.

1. hazard

hazard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After loosing 65 plus pounds and keeping it off for more than 2 years, I needed to deal with my 3X Motoport jacket. It was just to big and potentially would pull up and over on me if I slid on pavement. Choice was a new jacket, or see if it could be altered. Seeing how the jacket was about 500, and still in great shape even though I have fallen off countless time in on dirt,so my first choice was alteration.

I called motoport up and he gave me instructions on what to do about marking it and taking it in, it involved xlarge binder clips and a wax pencil. Send it off Monday and received it 2 weeks later, and it fits perfect.

Cost was 140 shipped. It would have been a cheaper, 90 plus shipping, but I had him shorten the arms as they always were a bit long.

I am very happy.
  2. StuartV

StuartV Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Ditto here. I lost 44 pounds. Sent my air mesh kevlar jacket and mesh kevlar street jeans in for alteration. They fit me better now than they did when they were new, before I lost the weight.
  3. duck

duck Banned

Oddometer:
    I have some Kevlar jeans that I wanted a few minor mods done to. I was in da hood so I called Wayne and scheduled a lunchtime appointment a couple of days ahead of time. When I showed up he suggested something slightly different that he thought would work better, did it while I went out to lunch and charged me $40 which I thought was fair for what he did. Another satisfied customer.
  4. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    StuartV..............How far down does the air mesh kevlar jacket come on you....hip bones?,front pockets,longer?. I'm considering the Air mesh or the Marathon in mesh?....already have a Marathon in stretch.The Marathon I have would be a bit long (in the back) for mesh material (as coarse of a material it is,it would probably scath my M/C seat?).Any photo's of you wearing your air mesh?.I ride a RS Shadow 750 & TW200. TIA.....PM me if it makes more sense to do so?.
  5. StuartV

StuartV Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    The waistband of the jacket just overlaps the waistband of the pants. I am not sure I have a picture that would really show what you want to see. But, basically the jacket fits just like the jacket of any 2 piece leathers would.

If that answer isn't enough, let me know.
  6. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok, Wayne advised this type of jacket "should' be zippered into/onto ones pants?......I'm not into a "one piece" unit. From what I've seen,It appears that the zipper would be a pain to coordinate with the pants.I already have a Marathon jacket in stretch kevlar,just thought the Air mesh jacket would be better in the humid Ohio weather for summer.IF,you do not zipper your jacket into/onto your pants and when you ride the bikes you have,does the jacket ride up on you?. TIA
  7. StuartV

StuartV Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    My pants and jacket have zippers across the back that I do use to attach them together. That keeps the jacket from riding up. Though I've never noticed it riding up when I forget to zip them together or if I wear the jacket with regular jeans.
  8. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:

Do you have to zip them together first and then put both jacket and pants on....like a jump suit?.OR...is this zipper system pretty easy to manipulate?. Thanks again.
  9. StuartV

StuartV Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    No, I never zip them together first. With just a little practice, it's pretty easy to reach back and zip them together while wearing them.. And totally easy to unzip them when I want to take the jacket off.