One Stop Shop 1190 R

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by gcrawford31, Apr 4, 2015.

1. gcrawford31

gcrawford31 n00b

Oddometer:
    I just bought a 2015 Adventure 1190 R and it should be delivered next Wednesday. I'm looking to add a couple of accesories but would like to order most of them from the same place. I would to get a top case with a backrest pad, skid plate, bar risers and maybe some other misc stuff that previous owners might recommend. I usually try not to buy things online but since I live in Wichita KS, the dealer here is terrible. I'm looking for a online store that has competitive prices and a wide variety of parts for this bike. Thanks in advance.
  2. CloudRacer

CloudRacer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered my topbox from cheapcycleparts, it was $430 and the same box from touratech is $690. They also sell a lot of KTM powerparts at the cheapest prices I have found. Shipping is kinda slow taking 4-5 days to get the parts in California.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/category/4602/1190-adventure

I have Rox bar risers. I am about 6ft tall and the 1 3/4" seem perfect. Revzilla seems to sell just about everything with good prices and super fast shipping, most orders come in 2 days and I get some stuff in just 1 day. I just got my Altrider skid plate from them also, You will want to order the 2013 model skid plate to fit your 2015 as the RH rear mount is threaded if you go with the Altrider.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/altrider-skid-plate-ktm-1190-adventure-r-2013

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rox-low-pro-1-34-pivot-risers
  3. GCecchetto

GCecchetto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Isn't sourcing the best part/accessory for your needs and protection of the bike you've just dropped a lot of money on more important than sourcing everything from the same place?

That said, if the right part for you is at Revzilla I reccomend them. I've bought gloves, heated jacket, tires, and some other stuff I can't remeber from them and the service is always great. Recently I bought a Mitas E07 rear tire and an E10 front from them. They were on my doorstep the next day and shipping was free. You just can't beat that.

For other things, like protection of your bike given that you bought an R, source the best part, not the one that comes from the same place you bought a top box. I cannot reccomend Black Dog highly eneough. Kurt and Martha are super cool, will absolutly make certain you are taken care of, and make killer products for the 1190. The Black Dog skid plate has no equal. I highly reccomend you look at it very seriously before spending your money elsewhere.

Enjoy the new ride, they are awesome!
  4. Doug Matson

Doug Matson Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Adventure Designs is a site that has lots of good products and like it has been mentioned Black Dog, can't go wrong there! Important, do some research on the parts you want that way you only cry once!
  5. Gimme 2

Gimme 2 wheels , with nobs

Oddometer:
    your sitting in front of it:lol3.