Pooncarie Lindsay Island 2014.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by drzwalker, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Canary

Canary Long timer

Oddometer:

Was nice, but not enough camping area if many go.

We had to pitch our tent on top of small shrubs, which is not very environmental. :lol3
  2. cams

cams Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    does this weekend have to be on these dates ( the weekend before melbourne cup ) cause it pretty much counts me out and a few others thats would be keen to go from my end ???.....not trying to pick a fight or anything.... just would love to be able to go ...
  3. Aussie Jase

Aussie Jase Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My take is the event should retain some of its origins such as purpose, timing and destination.
    If we change everything might as well organise a different ride. Then again it's not my call, so let's leave it to the masses to decide.
    ......and what would I know as I have only attended the first "gathering".

Cheers
    AJ
  4. PIC

PIC What

Oddometer:
    I would also like to see if there is apossibility of changing it from this weekend as it will be easier for me to get there, weekend before or after would be good, like Cams I am just asking if it is a possibility.
  5. Russ

Russ Путин - военный преступник

Oddometer:
    It's always been that weekend as the Victorian guys get the Tuesday off for Melbourne cup and most make it a long weekend, many go walk about on the Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.

What ever weekend you make it it will not suit some, my vote is keep it as is, even though I can't make it this year, as I will be in the Vic high country.
  6. PIC

PIC What

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately most Victorians do not get the melbourne Cup Public holiday and that is not on the Friday anyway which most take off to get to Pooncarie for the Friday night,

A bit of leeway here would certainly help.
  7. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    If you don't like the Pooncarie weekend the way it is you will have to lobby Pete (H1) & Nev.

I've been every year & when someone asks "when's Pooncarie this year?"
    it's easy to remember, the weekend before the MC.
    It always gets a decent turnout (Except after the Wanaaring OCR) but it was still great.
    Everyone goes to the Pub Friday night & about half go their own way Saturday
    the rest end up wherever it is that night.

FWIW & IMHO don't fucking touch the Friday night & rotate the Saturday night around the general region.

"most Victorians do not get the melbourne Cup Public holiday" I'm sorry to hear that but those of us from NSW, SA don't get the MC public holiday & seem to make it.
  8. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Less than 8 weeks until Melb Cup w/e and the Pooncarie ride. Is it on this year?

Big edit. I was away when this thread started so didn't know about it.

Just to add my 2c worth. Somebody mentioned the original concept being a get together for the Vic/SA riders so let's stick to that and keep the Pooncarie venue for Friday night. If it ain't broke, why fix it. Good pub, good camping and accommodation.
    If there was a vote on it, mine would be for Pooncarie both nights.
    Bindarra has been mentioned but it is not available on the Friday of Melbourne Cup week. We checked it out once before and they have some sort of rubber duck race and the place is fully booked.
  9. dogsbody

dogsbody Occasionally lucid

Oddometer:
    Hey Nev / Clancy / Racket,

I think that the debate about the location is healthy but I do tend to agree that Friday should remain at the Pooncarie Pub with Saturday being the variable. That said, you can motor a long way in a day so there are a lot of options for the Saturday.

If there's still interest in Lindsay Island, there are a lot of alternate campsites on it. And given that the last one opposite the cliffs was a bit light on for cleared space, there is a lot more room at "The Caravan" which is still on the island but on the Mullaroo Creek. Nice spot. Stopped in there on the way out last year. (Look up the Vic Parks map).

H1 will be slaving in the desert this year so won't be there (unless he pulls a two week sickie....) but I'm on the opposite shift at the moment so am keen for a beer with you guys....wherever that may be.

I'll check up on Drago and his One Man Band to see what they're up to as well. I hear The Cougar is interested as well.

Cheers, :freaky

Tony
  10. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Tony:wave How ya Going?
  11. The Cougar

The Cougar Barry Dawson's Twin

Oddometer:
    Hi Tones,

I defer to your greater knowledge of the Lindsay Island area and agree that 'The Caravan' would be a good spot for Saturday night.

I can smell the lamb chops cooking already.

I'll see if I can pulls some PDO's and if any from the GTR would like to attend this cultural gathering.
  12. chicky

chicky BMW Rider

Oddometer:
    Hi Guy's & Gal's..:D

Stickers are to be made again for this year's event... :D

Same concept & price as previous... :evil

Colour not known at this stage... :wink:

Limited run this year... :eek1

Cheers..
    Chicky ..
  13. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    2 for me please Chicky..............:wave
  14. podge NT

podge NT Podge NT

Oddometer:

2 for me too please Chicky:1drink:1drink
  15. Racketeer

Racketeer Must escape......

Oddometer:
    Melbourne near the sshitty...I mean the City!!
    Hey Tone!

I'm keen as.. well.. as usual I suppose!! lol... would love to catch up for a Beer with you lads!..

I think The Big G might be bringing the Lounge chair for a ride this year!!... could be a very clean black top ride!!!... :lol3

We will just have to see I suppose!.. I'm working a new gig.. but should be ok to get some time to cruise over!.. here's crossing feet legs arms and everything else!..

Coming around quick isn't it..!!\

I wonder if the Razor back will be joining us in the evening this year?

he he he he
  16. drzwalker

drzwalker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    G'day all just to let u all know I'm at the poon pub and he has plenty of accom available the doc
  17. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    You're early.......................:lol3
  18. dirty dennis

dirty dennis are we there yet

Oddometer:
    I'm a probably starter as well
  19. drzwalker

drzwalker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gday, I have just returned from holidays which included a visit to Pooncarie, the publican (Josh) is keen to put on some sort of entertainment to help keep the interest level up and sell more beer on the night!!:freaky
    He suggested free juke box, 8 ball comp or karaoke!:eek1
    Any suggestions as to what may interest us as a group?
    Drzwalker (The Doc):evil
  20. Russ

Russ Путин - военный преступник

Oddometer:
    I can see it now McCardigans rendition of Slim Dusty's "Pub with no beer" Tears streaming down his face:lol3