The Africa Twin XRV650 & XRV750 thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by iswoolley, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    Deposit already put down..... Can't wait. I sold my RDO7 recently with the hope that the new bike would come out and come to the USA. Love it when a dream comes true.
  2. Papa Pete

Papa Pete RIDES RED

Oddometer:
    With this stunning news of the US getting the new Africa Twin. What does that do to the price of XRV750 models already here??????

Values drop, stay the same?

Blows my mind to see it listed on the US Honda web sight.:huh
  3. Ladder106

Ladder106 It's a short cut, really

Oddometer:
    Hard to say Peter.

For those of us who still value a carbed bike over something that is controlled by computers and servo-motors everywhere, the VALUE of the old bike remains the same.

The distinction is between PRICE and VALUE.

The "Africa Twin" name looses some of it's rarity in the US.

Sooooo, maybe it's a wash, I dunno.

I think there is always a limited number of people who see the value in a 20 year old bike and that narrows the market quite a bit. For those who always want bigger, faster and more complex the new bike be a huge draw.

Not degrading the new AT at all. I just continue to hope that Honda has done the name justice. Giving me a few dark photos is not enough to totally convince me. At this point it's still "wait and see" for me.
  4. Frostguiding

Frostguiding Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Heavy Duties are from Romania not Poland...but they make great racks, panniers and crash bars and are very helpful and easy to deal with.
    PaulHolborn likes this.
  5. commander69

commander69 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    correctly
  6. locorider

locorider Loco, pero no estúpido!

Oddometer:
  7. Stormforce8

Stormforce8 Farkle Tart

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Have been told I should be able to collect it in December :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:D:D:D:D:D
  8. ujeni

ujeni just doesn't get it

Oddometer:
    Reserved mine!!!

Honda rep told my shop that there will be only one version for the USA. Not sure what that means. We'll see!
  9. Stormforce8

Stormforce8 Farkle Tart

Oddometer:
    I feel really excited that after 12 years I have been able to order a 'BRAND NEW' Africa Twin :D.........but the next 7 months are going to go by soooooooooo slowly...:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3

I'm going to frame the email I had from Honda today:

"Just a confimation of your order for the first 2015 Honda CRF1000F Africa Twin we receive. I will pass on any information I receive about the bike as soon as I hear anything."

Sam - has your rep given you any indication of a lead time? I've heard rumour it might not be until beginning of quarter 2 2016 for the USA :cry
  10. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    This would be from your Honda dealer not Honda direct, correct?
  11. ujeni

ujeni just doesn't get it

Oddometer:
    My dealer said early 2016. I'm betting Spring-ish.
  12. locorider

Oddometer:
    At last, after so many years I'll be able to buy a new Africa Twin just to admire !!!!!!! :gerg:gerg:gerg

Por fin, luego de tantos años tengo la oportunidad de comprar una Africa Twin para solo admirarla!!!!!! :gerg:gerg:gerg
  13. Papa Pete

Papa Pete RIDES RED

Oddometer:
    I like to picture Jim up in heaven kicking old man Honda in the pants (in a friendly way mind you) telling him to just "release the beast already":evil

Good karma to those that wait and thank god I have a wife that believes "one bike is not enough and there is no such thing as too many"

There will be room for one in my garage.
  14. locorider

Oddometer:
  15. Joz

Joz What could go wrong?

Oddometer:
    Because if I ask a dealer I'll probably put a deposit on one, so I'll ask here: Does anyone know the USA MSRP on the new AT?
  16. Knoen

Knoen Adventurer

Oddometer:
  17. Ladder106

Ladder106 It's a short cut, really

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that Knoen. It helps to see more of the bike than Hondas little blacked out / stripper "balloon dance" teasers.

I'd sure like a view from the rear to see how far that silencer protrudes.

I'm very happy for Sam, Jonathan and the rest of you who have already ordered. It'll be like being a kid looking forward to Christmas. Here's hoping it's not pissing down sleet when you get the call J.
  18. locorider

Oddometer:
    I wonder about the fuel tank capacity and if they'll keep it up high or down where the air filter was.
  19. A-Wind

A-Wind Andreas RD07a

Oddometer:
    Hmm, I think I'm going to like it more once it grows on me. For now I must admit I still have mixed feelings.

Is it just me or does the suspension kind of look thin? Even the rear swing arm looks thin in comparison to the exhaust.

For me, it also needs a much taller one piece seat and a few other aftermarket mods. At least on the B/W picture the bike looks very much like some wimpy street version.

I think Jonathan and others will have some great aftermarket sales :D
  20. mrmrva

mrmrva wannabe adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was thinkng the same about front forks, they look so thin as if they were from a bicycle :D And the exhaust is hideous