Got myself a KYMCO Agility 125.

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by TINGLER, Sep 16, 2011.

1. TINGLER

TINGLER Swamp lips

Oddometer:
    .....and I really like it (so far). Hope it's as good as you all make them out to be. Anyone know where I can get a manual for it?

[​IMG]

I won't tell what I paid for it.....but I will say I could not pass it up for the asking price.

It'll be a playmate to my wife's Zuma 50. The Zuma hooked me on scooters.

[​IMG]

The Kymco smokes the Zuma as far as power is concerned.....but it doesn't have that cool "Ringggg a ddddiinnnnggg ddddinnnggg".............The Zuma seems like it has more muscle, but ONLY because of that screaming little engine. Funny how that sound works. Too bad everything isn't two stroke. We could all die gasping for air in a blue cloud of highway bliss.

[​IMG]

The Kymco could also use some knobbie tires. Everything looks better with knobbies.
  2. alicethomas

alicethomas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    http://www.kymco.com/ Right bottom: Download manuals.
  3. TINGLER

TINGLER Swamp lips

Oddometer:
  4. soboy

soboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great looking Agility! I see you got it in the faster red color. Enjoy it, they are great bikes and IMHO, the best bang for the buck out there!
  5. maddiedog

maddiedog In dog we trust

Oddometer:
    I've been trying to find a used agility for my wife, but I can't find any. No one wants to sell them once they buy them. :lol3
  6. TINGLER

TINGLER Swamp lips

Oddometer:
    I totally lucked into this one. I don't know if the guy just needed money or what....I was even nervous there might be some funny business with the title or something. I paranoided out and checked everything with a fine tooth comb. Everything was legit and the thing ran tip top except for the tires being very low. He only had 10 psi in them which caused it to feel a little sluggish. Pumped them muthas up and away we goooooo.

Yep, I'm very happy today. Funny how I can get excited over a 125 scooter. Scooters are like drugs, man.
    D R U G S S S ss s s ss ssss!!!!! :lol3
  7. wannabe1

wannabe1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the addiction! Like the rest of us, you will be shopping for a larger one next month, ha ha.
  8. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll give him 2 or three months:rofl

When (not if) you decide that you need a bigger scooter, don't sell the agility. Bigger scooters may be more capable, but for scootin around town, nothing beats the Shit Eating Grin Factor SEGF) of a small scooter.

Gongrats on a the agility.
  9. TINGLER

TINGLER Swamp lips

Oddometer:
    Two months? I got to wait that long??? :evil

I'm sick in the head and part hoarder....I'd buy as many scoots and motorcycles as I have money and space for. Unfortunately, I'm out of both money and space at the moment. :lol3

In town, the Kymco simply rules. I don't know that I like it all that well on secondary roads though. I took it for a spin on some 55mph backroads and I seriously missed shifting. I also missed the power of a larger bike. I also missed the heft of a larger bike...and the suspension. It felt like flying down the road on nothing more than a chair from your kitchen table. That's not a great feeling by the way...,, In town though, the Kymco is gold. I felt like Brando or Steve Mcqueen today buzzin' over to the dealership to get some oil....so much more capable than the Zuma.
  10. techguy

techguy Scooter Trash

Oddometer:
    I think you just summed up why I recommend users in suburban areas get at least a 250cc scoot. If you are going to stay in town, on-campus or in the grid of the city; a 50-125cc scoot is stellar. If you are going to ride on roads that flow 45-60 mph and freeways, the confidence of a 250cc is preferred. Suburbs are a mix of neighborhood/urban riding with some highways and 50MPH+ roads. The mix of the two varies. For me, I determined that more than 70% of my riding time was going to be on multi-lane surface streets with 45 and 50 MPH limits and I do freeway riding for longer trips, ~10% of my total miles.

I love my 250 but wish I had a 300+ for on the freeway for long runs. I have done over 800 miles in a weekend on my P250 but want something bigger for long 2up rides with my wife.
  11. TINGLER

TINGLER Swamp lips

Oddometer:
    No doubt Techguy.
    I agree with your take on it.

If I were wanting a scooter for serious travel, I would not choose the 125.
    I live in a nice little city with lots of 30-45mph streets. The Zuma can do most of the streets in the city. The Kymco can do all of the streets. For my situation, the Kymco is just about perfect.

For backroads with 55 mph limits and for longer out of town trips, I would definitely choose something larger. For me it's a motorcycle and my preference is a 650cc machine. My DR650 is about the perfect machine for my style of riding outside of town.
  12. hexnut

hexnut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Kymco People 150 I had was perfect around town. And it was fast for a 150, but out on a 55 mph road where people are driving 55 to 65 it was not working for me.When I got the 150, I thought I was going to stay around town but found my self wanting to hit the larger roads more and more.

The People S 250 I just bought will work around town just as well and do the 55 to 65 roads with no problems. I should have got it sooner.
  13. soboy

soboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    You've already figured the Agility out - that was quick. Not the right choice for 55 mph roads but awesome in town. It shines on the 35 mph two lane roads around here where everyone goes 45 - 50. Have not found a better grocery getter - ride to the gym - short errand bike yet!
  14. TINGLER

TINGLER Swamp lips

Oddometer:
    I also just figured out that the headlight is awful.
    I ran some errands tonight on it and took a spin through the city. I should have taken a flashlight. :lol3

Still dig the scoot though.
  15. soboy

soboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    On high beam, it is barely adequate as a low beam headlight at night! Whenever you find a fault with the little Agility, just keep remembering what you paid for it! She is an honest, bare bones transportation device - nothing more, nothing less. Basic two wheeled transportation. I like to think of my Agility has a "hot rod" 50. It has the small frame, light weight, flickable handling and low price of a 50 with much more power and speed, but still delivers 90 mpg. Quite an attractive combination..
  16. emmettken

emmettken Long timer

Oddometer:
    Real nice. :thumb
  17. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the purchase!
    I've put 10k miles on mine in a year, no issues, the suspension gets better with
    time and you need to get rid of those tires before you get killed a bit.

At around 3000 mile mark they'll loose grip over night.
    VERY dangerous on wet roads, average at best on dry.

(I put Michelin City Grips on mine).

Ask away if you need to know more!
    I'm sure 'soboy' and me got you covered with that scoot!
    :clap
  18. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    Oh!
    Performance upgrade?
    Annoying flat spot until 40mph?

Dr. Pulley 13g sliders is all you need to know.
    Same top speed, a lot more acceleration where it matters.
  19. TINGLER

TINGLER Swamp lips

Oddometer:
    Thanks man!
    I appreciate the tips. The tires are going first. The previous owner ran them low on air and appearantly that cupped the back tire. At about 50mph it feels way out of balance.

I've found some places to get performance parts for it. Now it's just a matter of deciding how far I want to go with it and how fast I want to spend money. :lol3

I put a little over 100 miles on it this weekend. I even took it down a logging road just to see how fun it would be off road. Well, it IS fun. Slow fun. Picking your way through ruts with your feet on the ground fun....but still lots of fun. I'm very glad I got this scoot.
  20. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    :clap