The most boring bike you've ever ridden

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by ph0rk, Dec 27, 2012.

1. ph0rk

ph0rk Doesn't Care

Oddometer:
    Posting this in road warriors because blacktop is boring, right?

Unlike most people, I seem to actually gravitate towards "boring" bikes. Words like appliance and bland sound like synonyms for "workhorse" and "reliable" to me. I hear linear power delivery and 50+ mpg and I get unexcited!

A few choice quotes about boring bikes, bike models removed to protect the guilty:

What's the most boring bike you've ever ridden? What was so boring about it? What bikes failed to achieve the pinnacle of boringness?

What bikes have a pulse-calming, breath-regulating, drool-correcting effect every time you ride or look at them?

My entry, a bike so boring I can't even find a decent image more recent than the summer 2011:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Foot dragger likes this.
  2. Velociraptor

Velociraptor TrackBum Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had a DL-1000 V-Strom. Utterly boring. Even more boring than the 2008 KLR-650 I had. At least with the KLR is could go off road in the winter and get stuck in the snow......
    Larry321 likes this.
  3. boatpuller

boatpuller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gold Wing GL1800. Turbine smooth motor has no soul. Faring so protects you from the wind it's a non-issue. Gages and dash looks like any other Japanese sedan. Other than the lack of foot room leading to some discomfort, there is no sensory stimulation from that motorcycle,
    CCitis, Larry321 and TM1(SS) like this.
  4. zozie

zozie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2005 Honda shadow 750. After riding it for one hour, I had to pay attention not to fall asleep. Crappy acceleration with turd like suspension:D. Plus it's it's way too smooth for a v twin. At least if it would vibrate, but barely.:puke1
  5. Pigford

Pigford British

Oddometer:
    I have a feeling that the HONDA brand name will be figuring rather highly in this thread :lol3

Here's one I got just before Xmas, and sold it within a week - but I did make + 60% on it :clap

[​IMG]

The Engineering may be pretty good - but they make them too bland and easy to ride......
  6. marksbonneville

marksbonneville Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have never been bored while riding any motorcycle and I hope I never am.
    dogjaw, phughes, Juan Loboe and 14 others like this.
  7. eddie bolted

eddie bolted BOING!!!

Oddometer:
    :thumb:thumb
  8. daveknievel

daveknievel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ninja 250. I use to wrench at a kawi dealer, and i would dread having to fix or prep a new one when sold. You could take a brand new one, fuel it up and put it on the rev limiter with 30 sec of run time and would do nothing for it good or bad. Purchased one for my wife. It was her first bike. After her first ride, she asked me " are all of these turd slow?" Yes dear they are. They say how great a beginners bike they are, but i think they produce one bike and done riders because of the no frills, no thrills package.
  9. Spool77

Spool77 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :nod :nod
  10. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    I had a 1970's something Honda 350 four cylinder. Bought it on payments from my brother. It was my only transportation for awhile in the 1970's. It was bad above 50 mph.

And not much excitement below that speed. Noveltly bike, but who needs all them cylinders.

It was green, like this one.

[​IMG]

Got a KLR now. ANd I'm happy. I also have some deep emotional problems :puke1

[​IMG]
    FJ Fun likes this.
  11. 0ldhippie

0ldhippie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've ridden a lot of "scary" (slow, ill handleing, brakes) motorcycles but never really been bored on one. The most unexciting one would have to be a BMW RT (cb750 right up there but with enough scary to not win). If ya want unexciting and scary; Honda cb350.
  12. WayneJ

WayneJ What?

Oddometer:
    There are no boring motorcycles. :norton

There are a lot of boring motorcyclists though. :nod
    dogjaw, bike, tankshooter and 7 others like this.
  13. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yamaha V-Star... what a piece of crap, good thing I borrowed it just to borrow it.
  14. mattness

mattness Adventurer

Oddometer:
    vstrom dl1000 - rode it dreaming about riding my vmax
    florabama rider likes this.
  15. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr It’s All Good

Oddometer:
    Suzuki Bandit
  16. Max Buffet

Max Buffet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    DL1000.
    And it made my hands go numb. :huh
    florabama rider likes this.
  17. NJ-Brett

NJ-Brett Brett Supporter

Oddometer:
    2005 Triumph Bonneville.
    There was nothing there for me, heavy, lean angle limited, quiet, smooth, uncomfortable, plenty of power to get the job done, not enough to excite.

Its not about power, small bikes are a hoot to push to the limit.
    Bikes with the same amount of power vibrated more so they FELT faster, plus they had a good exhaust sound.

If it sounds and feels like an electric motor, it seems to be boring for me.
    I had other bikes that I did not like much (not many), but all were fun and interesting.
    diegosaenz likes this.
  18. cls

cls Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 on the V-strom. However, I think a nice set of slip-ons would totally change it for me. The audible of a nice V-twin is more than capable of saving the day. I'd have to see.
  19. chazbird

chazbird Long timer

Oddometer:
    I suppose I've purposely not ridden bikes that I suspected would be boring, and, for my tastes, they probably were but without riding them I can't be for certain, although I think my own yawn detector is fairly accurate. My moto connoisseur Ducatisi type friends said my TranAlp was a "marsh-mellow", and while it was a soft bike, I enjoyed it.

But here's a very boring one: 1998 Honda CB750. I convinced my friend it would be a good starter bike for him, and it was, but soon he had to have something else and went out and got a new full dress Harley something or another. He was adamant that the Harley had much more power and was faster. That's how boring the Honda was.
  20. Pigford

Pigford British

Oddometer:
    Anyone who has never ridden a "boring bike" .....just hasn't ridden enough bikes - or can't tell the difference :wink: