Desert 100 ADV Class

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by SOP Dirt-Rider, Feb 8, 2014.

1. One Fat Roach

One Fat Roach honey badger

Oddometer:
    Just being hypothetical. I should read and know the rules before I make silly comments.I I am in the same boat as AJ though, I would be happy to race just for the experience. And to see if I could finish in one piece
  2. Camel ADV

Camel ADV Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You could enter in one of the other classes that your bike would fit into (open class) and race again real dirt bikes. If you're just looking for the experience and to finish a lap the whether you're competive in that class shouldn't matter.
  3. Wilder

Wilder Dirt > Pavement

Oddometer:
    Was there a way around the ravine bottle neck last year for the ADV class? I barely made it up that on my 300, had to run over some blokes to make it! Cant imagine on a big bike :eek1
  4. PNWRider

PNWRider Live an Adventure!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the insider info and words of warning. I was not really considering it before but now I want to enter just to stir things up a bit, it would be a shame if it was just a bunch of f800s and KTMs. I might have to give konflict motorsports a call and have some suspension work done.

It sounds like a fun way to test both machine and skill. It probably wont happen this year but maybe someday.

-Ryan
  5. Camel ADV

Oddometer:
    When I got to the ravine there were a few hundred riders sitting and waiting. There were several people riding to the left to bypass but that put you on to the top of a plateau with 8-12ft drop off all around with the exception of a 6' wide set of rock steps that people were trying to walk bikes down, most falling. People were simply pushing bikes off the 8' drop off rather than wait to get down the steps. I didn't see the ravine or hill but the plateau route wasn't a joke either.
  6. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just to entice a few more racers here's the video I made from the 2012 race

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1fmEJO3ftFI" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  7. mx813

mx813 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The ravine situation will be kept in the back of our mind as we design this years course. :wink:
  8. Camel ADV

Oddometer:
    By this do you mean something to eliminate the bottleneck or to eliminate the bypass?
  9. mx813

mx813 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Not sure until we get wheels on the ground to see how course lays out...I wish I could give you something more definitive.

I am sure the guys that have done multiple D100's in a row could speak up on "course direction..."
  10. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    thats a great video... I really enjoyed the commentary.

"how much further?" A LONG WAY

"was it hard... fak yeah it was hard"
  11. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    commentary from an out of shape, fat guy for sure:lol3
  12. wizze

wizze Wizze = Wise

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking if you are trying to entice big bike riders delete the commentary, like when you get hung up on the rocky up hill. :lol3 Doesn't look HARD just relentless with the mud.
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Well I did leave out the part where I endoed at about 60 mph, broke my nose and sternum while also destroying my bike.:lol3
  14. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    Well that's good. That's not quite "entice" -ing material, now is it?
    I posted my "IN", now I'm skeered :eek1

I'm thinking of holding back at the starting line, say 30-40 minutes, to let all of you hooligans through first. Then I'll just see how many of you I can pass (hopefully NONE :D), because I'll get to see all the good...... and bad lines... entrenched deep into the desert's weak soil. When I see the BIG "poof" cloud, I'll just take a different line.
  15. wizze

wizze Wizze = Wise

Oddometer:
    Is that how you got mud on the back side of the windscreen?

Apple Jam 30-40 mins is an eternity in a race. You would be surprised how far behind you are after 30 seconds. So if you just dilly dally on the start you will probably be fine.
  16. grinns

grinns Semper Fi

Oddometer:
    Holeshot it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hdRpS4JZvI&list=UUXB9f7U8_4id9uA-h_GTGOQ&feature=share&index=3
  17. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    No that was from an earlier crash. My cam went dead about 10 min before the big get off. I was pretty damn slow after the yard sale.
  18. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:

Ha.. well you know me it wouldn't matter if it was a race or a trip to the store for a frosty, Its all or nothing:huh
    IMO you want to get in front of all the others that are going to cause you to slow down and lose lines you would want to take. I think its safer to be in the front of the pack.
  19. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    I do know you well enough, to know that getting in front is a little easier for you to do. I'm still liking my hang out & wait pussy method :lol3

....Especially after such an enticing video :evil
  20. erg59

erg59 DoesThisKTMmakeMeLookFat?

Oddometer:
    Hey Apple Jam how have you been? Bro will be up from salem and we will be camped out at the course hope to see you there!Mark and I did a nice loop around crater lake last year and did some camping otherwise I have not ridden in oregon since we all road together on your barlow road ride...I will be down your way more this year maybe we can get together.My only advice on the D100 race would be to do the Ironman poker run to get a sense of the whole thing then imagine doubling your speeds and riding 3 times the distance ;0