Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. BigOhio

BigOhio Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  2. sirepair

sirepair n00b

Oddometer:
  3. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    Glad the human damage was minimal, and hopefully progressive will take care of you. Follow up and let us know how it goes.

Been incommunicado this week, but saw your pictures. :eek1
  4. Alacrity

Alacrity Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Oddometer:
    Trick Dual Sport - top notch DS kit. Excellent engineering and work - ability for some custom connections (Trail tech and 12,v plug). Is it worth more than double a Tusk? I'm cheap so. I'm torn. You get an easy harness, cotriol box, and icomponents are higher quality - tTusks stuff is adequate tho. are adequ than Baja at the same price Ya. Dales a good guy and happy to work with you. The Dizzer kits been very durable

Good news Sion
  5. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    Knew i was forgetting something! A gps with speed display works great and is the easiest solution.
  6. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    Especially since the form come from the Ohio Department of Public Safety. I would say it's a good idea to carry a copy of you affidavit with you on a converted bike.
  7. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    I am NOT wearing one of those!

Well, maybe if you do, I might...
  8. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I like the Snake and even have video. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bmtjvk6rps

Music by the The Outlaws "Green Grass & High Tides" :D
  9. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I bought a couple from RonAyers.com after Zach told me about the problem that SOME WR's have with going through sliders.

When I bought the bike it had a 12 in the front. I figured that was the problem so I put the 13 back on (got the OEM one with bike when I bought it) and still had problem. So I over tightened the chain from normal and still had problem...then I run it loose as a goose and still had problem. I figured it was from my fat ass and bottoming the suspension under power too much so I went to a 14 in front and the problem has gone away... :freaky

Yes, I had to replace the OEM sprocket cover with a Freedom one...
  10. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

you have video? huh, go figure...:lol3

which reminds me, I wish I'd taken the camera with me the other day...that would be gnarly to see the video of the deer strike

anyway good stuff, great song and looks like a fun road

ah needs to get me one o them thar sport tourin motorsickles and go ride down there some more
  11. Alacrity

Alacrity Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Oddometer:
    Plenty of ambiguity >
    4519.41 Operation of vehicle on or near highway, street or road.

Snowmobiles, off-highway motorcycles, and all-purpose vehicles may be operated as follows:
    (A) To make a crossing of a highway,...

(B) On highways in the county or township road systems whenever the local authority having jurisdiction over such highways so permits;

(C) Off and alongside a street or highway for limited distances from the point of unloading from a conveyance to the point at which the snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle is intended and authorized to be operated;

(D) On the berm or shoulder of a highway, other than a highway as designated in division (A)(1) of section 4519.40 of the Revised Code <limited access highway>, when the terrain permits such operation to be undertaken safely and without the necessity of entering any traffic lane;

(E) On the berm or shoulder of a county or township road, while traveling from one area of operation of the snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle to another such area.

Effective Date: 01-01-2004

I've rarely see any country road with a shoulder or berm - but interesting there's provisions
  12. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi, all,

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend, but take a moment to remember the reason for the holiday.

Joe

[​IMG]
  13. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    Good to hear from you Joe. Stay safe and thank you for your service!
  14. GailCallsMeKarl

GailCallsMeKarl Squirrel w/ no nuts Supporter

Oddometer:
    THANK YOU JOE!!!!!! :clap:clap
  15. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any of you 'planning ahead' type WRR'ers happen to have a spare swingarm guard laying around? Or even a used one that isn't completely worn through? Nobody can in confidence tell me they'll have one in time (with the holiday weekend).

I'd rather steal one from one of you, then just give you my new one when it comes in.

OR, does anyone know a shop that might actually have one in stock? I've called Rocky Mountain ATV, Powersports Plus, and the Pony, with everyone having to order it from Yamaha.
  16. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
  17. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

Its a longshot but try this place

Bo's Radical Racers

12357 State Route 93 N
    Logan, OH 43138
    Phone: (740) 385-6907
  18. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    Try Mid-Ohio in Mt. Vernon.
  19. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    +1, they're pretty good about keeping dirt bike parts in. Surprise me sometimes with what they have on the shelves.
  20. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I've called every 'Pro Yamaha' dealership within 100 miles (including Mid-Ohio). No luck. The only dealership that actually lists it in stock (which is in California) is moving and can't get to their parts inventory for another week or two (my luck). I even called and sweet talked the Yamaha parts warehouse (who can only ship to dealerships), no dice. I tried that Bo's place too, they said they had an aftermarket one in stock, further research (by me) reveals it to be for the older 2-stroke WR's.

Going to the WRR thread here to see if anyone has one sitting around that will send it to me.

:becca