Why My V-Twin is the Shiznit - Post Up

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by RhinoVonHawkrider, Oct 1, 2012.

1. ParaMud

ParaMud Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Its so hard to find a bike that will do anything you tell it to do!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Nadgett

Nadgett Obnoxious, dimwitted blowhard

Oddometer:
    Girls like it:

[​IMG]
  3. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tuono.
  4. scrannel

scrannel Scrannel

Oddometer:
    Had Sportsters and Ducatis in the past (I don't like big HDs), and just find the Ducati to be way more... everything. But my favorite V-twin is the V-Rod. Too bad it's been plugged into a mediocre chasis.
  5. waveydavey

waveydavey happy times!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't be so jealous.

This is a thread about vtwins, not v4s...now begone!

I have loved all three of my Buells, sportster motored or Rotax they were just fine.

and I love my harley softail crossbones
  6. Harry Backer

Harry Backer Ran when parked!

Oddometer:
    twins:tb
  7. royal

royal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've had a couple of v twins (Harley Electra Glide and a V Strom). Had a v four (Honda ST1300). Had an opposed twin (BMW RT1200). Had an inline four (C-14).

I will NEVER buy / ride an in line four again. I can't stand high frequency vibes. Haven't owned or ridden a triple, so I can't say anything about those. But, out of the bikes I have owned or ridden, the v four was the smoothest. However, I can't see myself on anything other than a v twin from here on out. Love my Electra Glide and I loved my RT. If the RT didn't have the habit of stranding me hundreds of miles from home (3 times in the first 7,000 miles of ownership), I'd still have it.

To me, a v twin is what a motorcycle should have. Say what you want about Harleys, but they look like a motorcycle should look. Even the opposed twin of the BMW looks like how I think a bike should look. Air cooled is even better !
  8. jpgrego

jpgrego Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've always had a thing for v-twins, they're just extremely usable in everyday riding and they don't get buzzy the way a lot of inline 4's do. I just realized that all the bikes I currently own are v-twins (XB12, SV650, PC800). I love always having the power I want without needing to run the bike up to five digits on the tach. I've owned one V-4 and it was a lot of fun too, but inline 4s just don't do it for me.... I do see myself with a Triumph Triple at some point as I think they would be a lot of fun.

-Patrick
  9. RogerDe

RogerDe Dust In The Wind

Oddometer:
    Can't wipe the grin off my face:evil after blasting around on my KTM Super Enduro..LC 8 Engine is One Awesome V-Twin.....Ride On..
  10. blk-betty

blk-betty bam-a-lam Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just picked it up Saturday!

[​IMG]

Nice Complimnet to this!

[​IMG]
  11. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Rawrr!

Oddometer:
    So did I, to the point of trading in my ZX-14 on a Road Glide. I kept my Buell. The Ninja was a fast bike, with next to zero engine vibes, but I let it go because it was going to get me in trouble

I love my Buell. I love how I don't have to keep the revs up all the time. While I do enjoy the smoothness of the I-4, I prefer the rumble of the v-twin. Maybe it's because I'm a car guy, and I love the sound of a v-8.

My Buell isn't exactly a touring bike, I've tried, but the geezer glide is there to take up the slack.
  12. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Rawrr!

Oddometer:
    I love the way the XR1200 looks. I test drove one, and wasn't impressed enough to want one. I still love the looks though.
  13. PhilB

PhilB Long timer

Oddometer:
    lol. A couple of years ago, I was 600 miles into a 900-mile day on my Ducati Monster, and stopped for gas in Winslow Arizona. There was another guy gassing up his bike, who turned out to be 700 miles into a 1000-mile day on his XB12S. We were both heading for Albuquerque for the night, so we rode that last 300 miles together, cruising at about 100mph through the New Mexico night.

PhilB
  14. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:

DRiven that stretch of I-40 many times. You were playing with fire doing 100 MPH through there! :yikes That stretch of interstate is crawling with state police who nail people for more than 5 over regularly.
  15. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I fell in love with V-twins while breaking in my '99 SV650 race bike on the street. Loved the lack of high frequency vibes and not having to downshift 3 times to pass! I really like my current naked SV1000, but have been looking for even more power lately while doing track days. The power and torque of the new Tuono V4R is tempting, but if KTM brings out this RC8 (1190) powered Superduke, I may stay V-twin?! :D

[​IMG]
  16. unlucky1

unlucky1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Buell eats up miles like crazy; way more comfortable long-distance than the Vstar 1300 I traded in for it. I did Sturgis with it this year and it was flawless, I just wish it got better fuel economy.

I love the sound of the 1203cc twin through the Jardine RT-1 - like a P-47 on the highway.
  17. ganze

ganze lone biker of the apocalypse

Oddometer:
    that is maybe my favorite pic of an xr1200 ever. She is really cute: gotta be the love of your life. nice bike too.
  18. ganze

ganze lone biker of the apocalypse

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom......
  19. RhinoVonHawkrider

RhinoVonHawkrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jeez that's one clean SV - come to my house & clean my VTR, please.
  20. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    That's my pick of the thread.
    Could be the naked SV too, but this one looks great.

I can imagine the sound..
    :huh