moto-mule a cargo trailer to pull behind your dual sport motorcycle

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by MrBracket, Nov 16, 2011.

1. MrBracket

MrBracket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is a ton of information about the development of this trailer on this thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113997&page=24

Now that this trailer is being sold, I started a new thread as not to flood the generic dual sport trailer thread any more than has already happened.

The moto-mule trailer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The design goal for this trailer is to make your dual sport motorcycle both more adventure friendly and just plain more useful. I am developing accessories for it that will increase it's usefulness.

I plan to have my website ready to take orders by Dec.1st 2011 check it out at: http://www.moto-mule.com
  2. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still digging those trailers.

I asked about these brackets and then forgot all about them.What kind of loads do you think they can handle?How much would it cost to cut a pair, maybe two?If my calcs are close,the trailer will never break 120lbs loaded.
    [​IMG]

I'm planning on building a uni go knock off because I will be riding on the street.I can get you the swing arm dimensions when I replace the swing arm on my bike.Damn chain kinked and tweaked it to bad to repair.I made the mistake of trying to push it past the kink in the chain. :baldy
    [​IMG]
  3. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    I'm sure the brackets could handle 120lbs. If yours happens to be the same dimensions as a KLR650, then $89 a set. If it's different, it will be more.
  4. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    I posted an assembly video on YouTube to aid those that bought a trailer in assembling it. It will also give everyone a little closer look at how the trailer is constructed.

<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wy-jO8VrMKo" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  5. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    Liked and added to favs on u tube. Great product and good vid.
  6. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    Here is another video, gives you an idea what it looks like close up and how it attaches to a motorcycle.

<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dmBQHLxsC7M" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  7. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    Liked, added to favs,and subscribed. :thumb
  8. PapaYolk

PapaYolk happy camper

Oddometer:
    This is a well thought out unit you've developed. I would think a lot of the weekend gold diggers here in Idaho would look at this as a way to get their extraction equipment to those locations off the motorcycle only NF trails without all that top-heaviness added to uneven switchbacks or a way to pack out all that big game meat in one trip. The mono wheel makes it legal and will fit the single track. Have you experienced any odd harmonics between rear bike axle and trailer wheel suspension on large wash / small whoops at speed?

9. bete

bete misguided adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have u come up with a attachment for the new style (2008) KLR swingarm? bete.
    SelfPropelledDevo likes this.
  10. TrainedChimp

TrainedChimp Consistently wrong

Oddometer:
    Now there is marketing idea. I know my uncle packs deer and elk out on his motorcycle.
  11. Lutz

Lutz Fuzzy Rabbit

Oddometer:
    Any more info on how?
  12. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    Not yet, as demand increases I'm sure I will.
    SelfPropelledDevo likes this.
  13. TrainedChimp

TrainedChimp Consistently wrong

Oddometer:
    I didn't ask him. If I see him at Thanksgiving I'll ask. My guess would be in pieces in a large backpack. :evil
  14. dutchjohn

dutchjohn Adventure Touring

Oddometer:
    how about a short film on how it pulls and acts on the road and trails
    oh just found it cool
  15. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you follow the link to his website listed at the bottom of the first post, he has photos and videos there.
  16. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    Here is a road test video, the quality is not too great, I need to invest in a better camera.....

<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2VRjevAXxU4" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  17. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    Here is a video with a camera looking back at the trailer while riding. Shows Pavement, Gravel Roads, Dirt Roads, and Rutted out Trails...

<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EoZdsRN6JYw" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  18. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    It has been brought to my attention that I should post the specs of the container I recommend using with the trailer.

It is a Rubbermaid ActionPacker, model 1172, 24gal, 90.8L, 26.5x19.3x17.4in, or 67.3x49x44.2cm

I get them at my local Lowes Hardware store for about $30 new.

Other containers may work too, that is just the one I recommend.

I am excited to see what others come up with for tubs or flat decks.
  19. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Excited to get my own of the first five this week. I will DEFINITELY work on getting you some better quality videos of it in action!
  20. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same here. Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow at work BUT I wont be at work again till Mon. Vacation.