WSBK: Blighty 1 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, May 9, 2012.

1. VITIXER

VITIXER Mmmm, cherry pie!

Oddometer:
    World Superbikes will gain more popularity in Italy as their former MotoGP network (Mediaset) have just signed a three year contract.

Sky purchased exclusive rights to MotoGP which means they will be charging viewers to watch races. Only eight out of the eighteen races will be televised free-to-air.

Previous WSBK broadcaster LA7 (owned by Telecom Italy) currently average between 1.1 to 1.5 million viewers per race weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised by Rossi's comments about World Superbikes, that he maybe making the switch over. Especially to contend against his archnemesis Biaggi.
  2. okiegtrider

okiegtrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure which is more far fetched, these guys having a beer together and making nice. Or the notion that Rossi would be anywhere near the Repsol team at the last corner. :rofl :rofl
  3. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    And if this time around he got beaten by Max, then what..?

DonĀ“t forget that he already had Max beaten in GP for several years, in fact Vale is probably the biggest reason, why Max never won a world title in 500cc/MotoGP. Hard to see the point, why Rossi would now have to beat him in WSB.

This reminds me of few years ago, when people were saying, that Rossi should go ride Superbikes, to compete against Bayliss, to "prove something". Maybe they forgot, that those two already were in MotoGP at the same time... and during those years Bayliss (no disrespect to him at all, though!) managed to finish one race on a higher position than Rossi (Valencia 2006, that Bayliss won).
  4. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now that's funny! Well done.:clap
  5. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    If all motogp bikes go the way of CRT then why race in motogp? Seriously all the the action will be in SBK. I wish they had a video subscription service like motogp does.
  6. chasbo

chasbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ding Ding! We have a winner!

And I wish SBK had a sub service as well.
  7. Bounder

Bounder Typing...

Oddometer:
    The problem is that MotoGP and SBK are owned by the same guys.
    Last week they met to discuss the issue of the closeness of the WSBK machinery to the CRT stuff, apparently one proposal was to downgrade the SBK tyres to less fast ones to widen the gap between the classes.
    Its all bullshit really as Yamaha have pulled out of the WSBK this year anyway to concentrate on MotoGP.
    I like the SBK racing but hate the way its been manipulated.
    British Superbike racing is showing the way it should be run with no electronic rider aids.
  8. Fast_Boy_Slim

Fast_Boy_Slim Don't call me Wighty

Oddometer:
    it is:D
  9. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
    I read today that they are considering road tyres in SBK to slow the lap times. Pirelli would be happy.

A slightly strange suggestion is to have cut-outs of the road bike headlights on each bike..which is purely a marketing thing, obviously.
  10. chasbo

chasbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    BSB proves how exciting racing can be without over inflated budgets and ridiculous manipulation of rules.
  11. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gee, I missed this round. I was driving my son's truck/trailer home from the Mexican 1000. :D

Quite the Superbike round, but I don't think motorcycle racing is intended to be a contact sport. Congrats to BMW, though...They must've finally dropped some of their proprietary initiatives that held them back. The bikes were fast right to the bloody last turn!

I'd like to see the Pocket Rocket have better luck. He's a fun guys to watch. Surely he'll start getting on the top step now.
  12. VITIXER

VITIXER Mmmm, cherry pie!

Oddometer:
  13. srad600

srad600 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now THAT is nutty, he was just telling the press that the retirement rumor was just a rumor...then he announces his retirement? :huh

Either way, that will be a loss for the sport. That guys got some stones...:evil...sad to see him go.
  14. Crisis management

Crisis management Latte riders FTW!

Oddometer:

Your getting soft in your old age Pantah, there wasn't that much contact. :D
  15. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Indeedy! Considering the changing places, speed of the circuit, Italian rivalries, and a heap of other stuff, it all turned out rather swimmingly! Fantastic racing. AND there's still 9 rounds/ 18 races to go! BRING IT ON! :clap

(Really, even including the last two desperate,& fatigued, corners, it was pretty clean racing. IMHO)
  16. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're right. I'm an old softy. Bashing fairings and hitting rear wheels doesn't seem to me the way it should be. :eek1
  17. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh Stop It!:rofl
  18. Jadon

Jadon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Please say more about this? Thanks!
  19. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think he means BMWs previous policy of using in-house ECU and programing/tech support. Instead of going with a known product like Magneti. And using almost entirely BMW based techicians. But that's a guess at what he was saying.
  20. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Hey Okie.

Thought this one deserved a bump. :D