Oddometer:
  2. BMW-K

BMW-K Unmitigated Bastard Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd hit it.
  3. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fourteen litre fuel tank, generous 27deg/121mm head angle and trail, wheelbase a smidge shorter than a KTM 990, 210/200mm travel from top-shelf Ohlins off-road suspension, spoked wheels sized for knobby tyres, under 400 pounds wet ... Spec sheet here.

Price aside, isn't this the lightweight v-twin adventure bike they've been begging KTM for over on Orange Crush?

What's missing? Can't be water cooling and another 20hp. Fuel capacity? Carry a bladder.

To the OP: Thanks for the thread, and the link to the article. It might attract more interest if you adjusted the title. Not many will recognise the Bimota model name and most will assume it's a poser special, not Bimota's first attempt at a proper adventure bike. :D

Okay the price is ridiculous. But for some, that won't matter.
  4. sushi7474

sushi7474 Starting up

Oddometer:
    Very nice bike!

I see it more as an competition for the KTM 950 SuperEnduro, than a real ADV bike. It would still need a main stand, skid plate and a decent shield, but all in all a very nice posh bike :D
  5. Jan from Finland

Jan from Finland Long timer

Oddometer:
    More fuel capacity and a fairing would be nice. Something like Cagiva Elefant.
    Is that kind of swingarm strong enough for off roading? It looks fragile.

[​IMG]

Yes, I know but now the title is locked with the first post. It was typed on my mobile in a hurry.
  6. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    If they can afford the cost, then they can afford to have a chase vehicle with pro mechanics at the ready for any typical Bimota "character" traits that may pop up while on a ride.:evil That's a pretty show bike. How many here would ride it out in the boonies, solo?
  7. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wonder if that shock would fit the SE?
  8. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
  9. SportsGuy

SportsGuy icanhazdirt?

Oddometer:
    A suggestion, if I may - when linking, link to the article, not the home page of the website...because as soon as they update the home page, the article we're trying to find migrates down, and away, making it very hard to find. ;)

http://www.motorradonline.de/einzeltest/bimota-dbx-im-fahrbericht/452523 is the article.

Price in question is 23.900 Euros, or about $32,400 USD today. Bimota...the Ferrari of Cycles...

That said... this might be better than curry on your fries if you want something exotic!
  10. Jan from Finland

Jan from Finland Long timer

Oddometer:
    Done. Now let's hope they don't change the layout too often. In past I have seen few "Seite nicht gefunden" pages instead of the article I have been looking for. I was thinking that you can always find the article from the home page using the seach.
  11. jerdog53

jerdog53 Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer:
    I love it!

But why? :huh
  12. GiorgioXT

GiorgioXT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Because Bimota tech director is a long-term enduro rider and wanted a two-cylinder with the grunt of Ducati engine but light as possible.
    Declared weight is real .
    The bike has just only one defect - price.
  13. duc_fan

duc_fan Certified geek

Oddometer:
    Huh... I lust after the DB5R, but for enduros, I'm generally looking somewhere else. $32k is WAY too much for a bike that I'm gonna flog, get dirty, and probably drop (more than once).

I have a Ducati-engined dually, that's cheap enough it won't break the bank if I break it: a Cagiva Gran Canyon. :evil

Frack, for the price of spare parts on that Bimota, I can probably have replacements for my Cag custom-fabbed.

Anyway... it's an interesting engineering exercise, but I would not seriously take such a vehicle out in the backwoods. Not unless I was able to buy it used, at a VERY steep discount.
  14. snakebitten

snakebitten Small Town Hick

Oddometer:
    But I just gotta ride it. Once!

Wish someone would build the real world version of that with, say, the SV650 motor.

Still would want all the Ohlins goodies and the best spoked wheels available.

Maybe $15,000?
  15. MookieBlaylock

MookieBlaylock Long timer

Oddometer:
    i just got one of those and it's an amazing bike for what it is, but that bimota at a hundred pounds lighter with a real long travel suspension and 21 inch wheel looks to be in a different ball game. If money were no object that would be the bimota for me
  16. Matt fe2o3

Matt fe2o3 I think.

Oddometer:
    23900 euro? Good grief.
  17. Spout

Spout English GStleman

Oddometer:
    23900 euro? Is that all!

:D
  18. KustomizingKid

KustomizingKid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For that price I'd be picking up a used 450rr...
    pennswoodsed likes this.
  19. GiorgioXT

GiorgioXT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its one of the cheapest of Bimota ..,:D
    Anyway, taking an HP2 or LC8SE and try to arrive to DBx weight and suspensions will cost you even more - as a couple of friends that were racing the big beasts know well. and now aren't even more on market.
  20. saxpower

saxpower Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I drove this motorbike during the prolog of Erzberg rodeo and many times in offroad test (I have a cooperation with Bimota, to develop this product). I love it! It's the best twin cylinder bike for dirty use; you could improve your riding style like as a single cylinder, specialized motorcycle, by the way, when you have space to open flat gas: start to flying!!!The weight had a good balance, maybe the best condition to test this vehicle it's during an hard downhill with rolling Stones, it's Fucking fast, because stable and agile.

I knew three people just buyed a DBx, they are enthusiasts. Yes, the price isn't cheap, therefore if you would to make an upgrade on your HP2 or Se, with same components, need to spend the same money, by the way it's impossible to catch the same weight. 172.8kg equipped with double mousse and skid plate of 5mm.