Top Box Power Options (Powerlet SAE)

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by GravelRider, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Okay, so I'm looking for something kind of specific, but I'm not sure that it is even made. Basically I'm looking for a Powerlet-style option for bring power to my top box. I already have this Powerlet connector, which has worked great...

[​IMG]

The only problem is that the SAE connector on the inside of the bag broke off due to my chronic overstuffing of the trunk.

[​IMG]

I'm never going to stop overstuffing my bag, so I need a better option for bring power in. Does anyone make an electric bag connector similar to the one I have, except that both the inside and outside are 'female' connections? In other words, so that both the inside and the outside looked roughly like this:

[​IMG]

I've thought about just flipping the connector around so the SAE plug is on the outside, and I could just add a plug cover to it, but I'd prefer the cleaner look of the somewhat flush connector on the outside.
  2. SgtDuster

SgtDuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't believe that such a thing exists.

If you want to buy another connector, please take a look at your nearest RV shop. Those Powerlet are an overpriced version of a SAE RV roof connector.
  3. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    That's too bad, but I kind of figured this to be the case. Hopefully somebody else knows of something. I wonder if I'll be better off to put together some sort of guard to protect the wire instead...

Thanks for the tip on the RV shop.
  4. lhendrik

lhendrik Putins Puppet

Oddometer:
  5. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    I used to use these when I wanted to power a top case, flush mount, nothing dangling, won't break when overstuffing the top case.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  6. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    Interesting. I'll look into this.

This looks pretty promising... But who makes it? What kind of socket is it? Thanks.
  7. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: