Brazil thread

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Linhares, Sep 10, 2010.

1. kito

kito Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    cool so it looks like i can ride all the way from french guyana to peru . i hope im not missing out on to much by not taking a boat trip
  2. Linhares

Linhares OSM addicted

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

last week I had the chance to go on a nice ride around south of Goiás state.
    I've created a thread in Day Tripping forum: Uberlandia - MG, Brazil

Abraços,
    Linhares​
  3. VDG

VDG Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great RR and pics. Looks like you had a great time with you father. Thanks for sharing.

4. markharf

markharf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're going to tell us, not visa versa. Generations yet unborn are relying on you.

Boa sorte!

Mark
  5. caesareor

caesareor n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi everybody,

Finally I have a plane ticket in my pocket that has my name and Rio de Janeiro writen on it. That's right, I'm coming to Brazil. I'll be there for 28 days in November. (03.11 - 01.12)

Most of it I will be flying between the major cities so I can see as many of them as possible but the last 7-10 days I will like to spend them riding on the coast from Sao Paolo (or Florianopolis) back to Rio.

First of all I need a motorcycle. Anyone knows where I can rent one at a decent price? (All I could find on the internet were a few very expensive guided tours)

Second, does anyone care to join me on the beforementioned route?

Cheers!
  6. robram

robram Trilheiro

Oddometer:
  7. VDG

VDG Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow great RR......thanks for sharing.:clap:clap:clap
    Ride Reports is the right place to post your RR. ADV Riders will love it.
    :lurk

8. o*o

o*o Cutting fruit for campers at 30mph."

Oddometer:
    Ushuaia Argentina, Deadhorse, AK & points between.
    I'll be in Buenos Aires when you arrive in Rio. Probably be in Florianopolis when you are. I'd like to spend a few days in Paraty close to Rio. Maybe we can ride some. :1drink
  9. troyfromtexas

troyfromtexas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello All,

Checking in! I'm concluding my year of traveling in Latin America and plan to spend the next months of September and October in Rio de Janeiro just relaxing and learning Portuguese. If there are any riders around I'd enjoy meeting up.

I am interested in either selling my Suzuki DR650 in Paraguay or shipping it to Houston, Texas, USA. If anyone is interested in buying an excellent bike or providing info on shipping from Rio de Janeiro to Houston, please send me a private message.

Olá a todos,

Eu cheguei! Eu estou concluindo meu ano de viajar na América Latina e planejar para passar os próximos meses de setembro e outubro no Rio de Janeiro apenas relaxar e aprender Português. Se houver quaisquer pilotos em Rio eu gosto de conhecer-se.

Eu estou interessado em vender o meu ou Suzuki DR650 no Paraguai ou enviá-lo para Houston, Texas, EUA. Se alguém estiver interessado em comprar uma moto excelente ou fornecendo informações sobre o transporte do Rio de Janeiro para Houston, por favor me envie uma mensagem privada.

Hola a todos,

Ya llegue! Estoy concluyendo mi año de viajar en América Latina y el plan para pasar los próximos meses de septiembre y octubre en Río de Janeiro simplemente para relajarse y aprender portugués. Si hay algunos riders en Rio me gusta reunirse.

Me interesa vender mi Suzuki DR650 en Paraguay o enviarlo a Houston, Texas, EE.UU.. Si alguien está interesado en la compra de una moto excelente o proporcionar información sobre el envío de Río de Janeiro a Houston, por favor envíame un mensaje privado.

Troy
  10. kito

kito Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have just come down from Guyana via Boa Vista to Manaus .Its a 1 day ride and most of the way is perfect tarmac. a few short parts need to be re surfaced. I have had a few days off the bike in Manaus and plan to set off in the morning to ride solo on the BR 319 heading to Peru . The weather has been dry the last few days but some cloud has moved in . fingers crossed the rain can hold off. I hope to be able to report in a few days how the road condition is.:wink:
  11. ElReyDelSofa

ElReyDelSofa Desubicado

Oddometer:
    Kito, will be very interested to hear how this route works for you, especially the border crossing at Assis/Inapari into Peru. This is the route I have in my mind to follow when the univers aligns for a S. America trip for me.

Saludos,

Martín
  12. luciosiq

luciosiq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Martín,

Border crossing in Assis-Brasil / Iñapari is no worries at all.
    If you are coming from Brazil to Peru, after the border, you have a paved road to Puerto Maldonado and Cuzco (InterOceanic Highway - beautiful).
    Let me know if you need any additional info.
    Ride safe.

13. kito

kito Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    rolled off the ferry across the river from Manous at 4.20 pm so the was not much time for riding on the first day . The first 120km is paved to a place called Careiro I think . so I ridden this then went for a meal and to fill up un fuel. the are a few gas stations and they are building another . just outside of town the army are building a big concrete bridge. at the moment you take a boat . on the other side I camped out .The was a thunder storm in the night but in the morning it was ok . the first part is just lots of potholes so just time consuming. at 190 km i seen a sign for gas but never checked it out .the road has some bits that are dirt and some bits that are still quite good but they never seem to last long . on one of the better bits I was doing 100 kph when I almost hit a big black cat ( dont know what kind) as it ran across the road .I seen another 2 of these cats on this day but they were in the distance. Most of the bridges were ok I got lucky I guess as i never stoped to check them out first just shifted down a gear and went for it . I got to 1 that was a bit bad and the were some truck drivers there and they moved some planks over for me to ride. The was 1 were a guy was still nailing it together and 1 were I had to move some planks I stoped about 130 km from Humaita for the night .I camped next to the road buy a locals home. about 100km from Humaita they are building a big gas station but if you need you can buy in the village from locals . just before Humaita the army are out rebuilding the road at this end . I some how went through the road works and missed the gas satation and managed to buy some fuel 100km from Porto Vehlo of the guys at a police check point . By the time I got to Porto Vehlo my GPS said my travel time was 16.5 hour this includes getting out from the hostal in dowtown Manous and taking the ferry plus other boats . I am now in Fortaleza on the BR364 heading for the Peru border.:freaky
  14. kito

kito Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    forgot to add fuel doesnt seem to be a massive problem but it is VERRY HOT . bring lots of water . locktite all bolts on your bike and bring some sper bolts I lost a few even though I use locktite and was checking them a few times
  15. Linhares

Linhares OSM addicted

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

two weeks ago I was having a nice ride with friends and I managed to let my bike down on the floor.
    Luckly I had only minor injuries. As had the bike.
    I've spent 800 BRL to fix her except for the painting. So that it is running fine but with the scratches :cry
    I've replaced:
    50 placa
    80 piscas
    120 guidão
    400 pedal de câmbio

Abraços,
    Linhares​

[​IMG]
    Here I was still happy. And the bike was still young.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Silver tape is always a good friend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. ddpemberton

ddpemberton n00b

Oddometer:
    Also in the great city of Brasilia. Message me if you want a homebrew. Hopefully I'll have something dark for you. a rare treat in Brazil. Couldn't ship my viffer when I came, so she's in storage, but I'm in the market again for something! Just not sure exactly what :-/
  17. rodrigo1985

rodrigo1985 Adding Dust Layers

Oddometer:
    Hi , how did you crashed?
    Nice looking DL

Cheers!

18. Linhares

Linhares OSM addicted

Oddometer:
    Hi, Rodrigo.

I've put the blame on the air pressure of my tyres. Specially the front tyre.
    I shoud have aired down the tyres (off-road basic rule), but I didn't.
    And I didn't notice it while the track was dusty.
    But when we reached the spot of the picture below, where the pavement was very dry, the bike started to jump like a crazy horse.
    I got scared and stopped for a moment. I struggled with my brain to detect the problem, but we failed.
    I started riding again and this time the jump was too high. Not exactly high, but It was like when you hit something big in the road. I lost control and fell to my left with the bike.
    When we touched the ground, the bike made a 270º spin and I rolled over myself twice.
    The riding gear did it job very well!

[​IMG]

This picture was taken a couple weeks after the crash. At this time I took the dirt track on the side of the road and everything went well.

Abraços,
    Linhares​
  19. rodrigo1985

rodrigo1985 Adding Dust Layers

Oddometer:
    I had same problem here, after i trade my trusted nx350 for the dl i sooner realize the front suspension travel is too short for the speed i was used , and the rear bump like crazy when goes fast...yes i had some close calls luckly dont fall yet, hope dont fall, someday i was riding on side section ..really fast and suddenly the road disappears and i was forced to ride in middle of the road very bumpy, very close to fall...

Time and time again i need slow down...those DL are GREAT bikes awesome for dirt roads but need slow down...its a tradeoff...

When comes south dont forget to flag

We are going to Goias on New Years..maybe we meet somewhere....who knows??!

Cheers , safe rides

Rodrigo.
  20. robram

robram Trilheiro

Oddometer:
    Hi, Guys,

My son and I in january 2nd we going to Bolivia from Brazil, crossing Paraguay and Argentina, passing by Clorinda, Calilegua, Valle Grande, Humauca, Iruya to Uyuni. After some days in Uyuni to aclimatize, we going to Nature Reserve Eduardo Avaroa crossing deserts and Lagunas to Laguna Verde near Chile´s board.

After this step, We will cross another two Chile-Argentina Borders: San Francisco and Pircas Negras.

We are on BMW Sertao and Honda XRE300.