Dakar 2012 Media Thread - Pics and Videos Only

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Dread Pendragon, Dec 27, 2011.

1. BigM

BigM Hello :-)

Oddometer:
    Fantastic!! Thank you!:clap:feelgood

I was also watching your Youtube vids until they were removed. We get it via SBS in Australia but their video's have some major sound issues (too much music volume). So what you do is wonderful!.

The freeserve Stage5 is broken, but filesonic is fine.
  2. padin1

padin1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. Aquatic

Aquatic Long timer

Oddometer:
    You sir, are God's gift to the Dakar Fan!!
    :bow:bow:bow:bow

4. thesmaz

thesmaz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad you found the site! I had been posting links to your uploads, since thats what I was using to watch the coverage. Had intended to contact you and point you in this direction, got caught up in watching your daily uploads .

Many THANKS!!
  5. Road Rash

Road Rash Infamous Supporter

Oddometer:
    "I WILL" go make the dood a sammich and bring him a beer :lol3

Thanks for your help mang :thumb
  6. Ronin ADV

Ronin ADV Gear addict

Oddometer:
    Thanks again to JMLatvalaFan
    I was watching your vids on You Tube until they were nuked. I'm having trouble getting the new versions to run on a mac. Anyone else using a mac that has a solution to the fileshare thing?
  7. CL204

CL204 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    JMLatvia: Have you also got the "Live Coverage" available for each day as well??? I have Stage 2 and 3 but not beyond that...

Thank you if you do. If not, just the highlights are greatly appreciated! :D

IF only Eurosport was an option on my cable package.....
  8. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:

OK, they are working for me again too. Thanks mate, you are the best!
  9. rape_artist

rape_artist Adventurer

Oddometer:
    stumbled upon this forum by accident, but when i've read the troubles u're having with finding dakar video i had to joint (t was intentional:clap), and post.

if any of you want to watch eurosport covereage of dakar 2012, open a new tab in your respective web browser and type in this adress : http://mypremium.tv/. on right side find british eurosport, press play, wait for the commercial to close (close it yourself with a small x), then watch dakar goodness.

sometimes it stops working, so u have to try different streams (stream 1, stream 2, etc.), you will figure it out easily.

day 7 episode in 17 minutes (check eurosport web page for schedule)

i apologize for bad english, it's my third language, plus i had a joint:lol3
  10. M.R.

M.R. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
    I don't think this works in the USA. For a third language your English is excellent.
  12. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    especially while stoned

:lol3
  13. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    :nono I've been watching in the states via that link all week..... :freaky
  14. Scotty Breauxman

Scotty Breauxman Baja Breaux

Oddometer:
    http://youtu.be/qUsy0Z91O8s

I know most of you will only watch pirated vids...
    for the rest of you here is a short summary from the ASOs
    Its ligit and they will still probably take it down....Sheeesh
  15. rape_artist

rape_artist Adventurer

Oddometer:
    it's a pirate site, it works everywhere unless your isp blocks it, which is highly unlikely.

p.s.
    i do miss them touareg's very much. hummer and mini's are ok, but that vw ate away every terrain with amazing skill (just like me atacking a ham sandwich:). they were just too good...
  16. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
    You would think the ASO would want as many people to see the coverage as possible, thereby spreading the race as far as they could.
  17. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    I've been of similar opinion but....it's quite obvious that we all don't think alike.
  18. hilslamer

hilslamer 2XRedheadedstepchild

Oddometer:
    We fight this inclination all the time in the Observed Trials world - we want to grow, but if everyone was doing it - it would be illegal. SO how do we promote without overrunning out limited riding areas? How to we keep present participants entertained enough to keep it alive without shying them away because it is too hard? It's a rough set of dichotomies and the outcome is that it remains only so big and with only so much media presence - just like Dakar(even if the media coverage/financial/global interest scales are exponentially different).

While I do not defend some of the ASO's errant moves, I can sympathize with their outcomes(whether purposeful or inadvertant) with respect to the fact that if you even make it to the Dakar, and the start of each day, there is no question as to whether you are at least qualified to give a stage a try. In summary, if you can put up with all of the international sh_t to get there with all of your gear and through scrutineering, after years of study and interrogation of previous participant's experiences, you have been filtered down to the worthy in one form or many.

With any single powerful person or superorganization like the ASO, I have to wonder each time they make a move or decision that seems totally contradictory to all logic on the outside: is this some sort of supergenius in the longer run, or just ignorance + incredible luck run amock? Or is it just international marketng obstinance, bitterness leftover from world wars, or some other unfortunate conglomeration of political and cultural differences from the past?
  19. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
    "bitterness leftover from world wars?"

Yeah, I'd say the French are still pissed off. But wait, they won!!!
  20. Michelangelo

Michelangelo 2 wheel rider...anytime..

Oddometer:
    What does ASO stand for anyways? And YES, why wouldn't you want ppl around the world to be exposed to the Dakar?