BMW R1200 Maintenance Video For Sale!!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by JimVonBaden, Apr 1, 2007.

1. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    (Update: 3/1/2019)

Now, all videos available via download or DVD, or USB for the Wethead. :clap

All videos still in stock and available for delivery! Please see any of the vendors, or my website. www.jvbproductions.com

Also available (links below)

R1200GS/GSA/RT/R/RS Wethead Video 2013 to present

R1200GS/GSA/RT/R/RS Wethead Video on USB 2013 to present (New)

R1200 GS/GSA/R 2010-2013 Camhead Video

R1200 GS/GSA/R/RT/ST/HP2 2004-2009 Hexhead Video

R1100/1150/850 GS/GSA/R/RT 1994-2006] Oilhead Video

BMW R-Series Repair Video

BMW R-Series Repair Video II

Accessories Installation Video

Combination sales and discounts here!

Details on each of the videos are at the links above.

Please see the notice about a correction at the bottom of this post!

Jim :brow

Postage is $4 US, $6 Outside the US no matter how many you buy.

I am happy to announce that all the DVDs are available, and you can be sure your orders will be covered by me, or by one of the fine dealers listed below!

Check with these vendors for orders from their stock if you prefer to pay by credit card:

Vendors of the JVB Productions DVDs, and many other fine products for your motorcycles:

www.beemerboneyard.com..................................................Used BMW Parts, and many new replacement parts and supplies

www.beemershop.com .....................BMW Accessories, parts and service, plus the US distributer of the GS-911 diagnostic tool

www.bestrestproducts.com ...............................Many great BMW and ather motorcycle brand and inhouse created accessories

www.cyclenutz.com ..........................................................Great selection of BMW and other brands of motorcycle accessories

http://www.hex.co.za/ .......................................................Creator of the BMW GS-911 diagnostoc tool, and other service items

www.marcparnes.com ......................................................................................................Excellent quality tools for the BMW

Thank you all for your support, and encouragement!

The R1200 Hexhead video covers all of the following categories, and is designed to allow you to complete all the requirements for maintaining your bike to BMW specifications. It is designed for ALL R1200 series motorcycles (Not including the R1200 cruisers), though it is centered around the R1200GS since that is what I have, and was available for filming.

• Removing Gas Tank
    • Changing the Oil
    • Replace the Transmission Fluid
    • Changing the Final Drive Gear Oil
    • Valve Adjustment
    • Air Filter Change
    • Brake Bleeding, servo-ABS system
    • Replace Alternator Belt
    • Fuel Tank Install
    • Fault Code Read
    • Throttle Body Sync
    • Miscellaneous Checks

I have included the necessary tools, supplies and torque specifications to complete all the listed services. I have also added many helpful tips and notes to make this as simple as possible.

Consider this, the tool to remove and install the alternator belt is nearly $150, I teach you how to do it with no special tools, a savings of $125 right there!

A typical 6K service will run you around $300-450, depending on location. The brake bleed alone can run as high as $400.

What I did not include, since I felt they were self explanatory, was how to check your oil, tires, and lights. I also did not include how to check spoke wheels since I did not have a spokes wheel bike available, they will be available on the Companion DVD.

The DVD should assist those of you on the fence in deciding you CAN do these expensive services yourself, and save money for those all important farkles, and gas for riding!

The DVDs are available for $25-30 plus $4 shipping to the continental US, $3 to Canada and $6 for everywhere else. E-mail me, or PM me for other locations.

I accept Paypal, this is my preferred method of payment. I will also accept money orders, and personal checks for USA orders. PM, or E-mail me JimVonBaden@msn.com, for instructions.

The video is produced into a master pressed format like a store bought movie which should be viewable on most DVD formats (NTSC), as well as virtually any lap-top computer. Many top line DVD players in Europe also play this format, though it is the North American Standard. See this link for locations in which this DVD will definitely work. The USB is in MP4 format, so works on any computer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks you all for your support of this effort, especially Mr. Nice Guy for getting the ball rolling! I hope it is worth the effort, and not only saves you money, but helps you to be more independent in doing your own work.

Jim (AKA Jim Von Baden) :brow

Notice:

Greetings:

I feel it is necessary to inform you of a mistake on the first batch only of Hexhead DVDs.

The mistake on the DVD is in the valve adjusting procedure section on the torque value of the three rocker arm support bolts, T45 head. See the attached picture. This is ONLY applicable IF you adjust the rocker arm end play. Not for simple valve adjustments. The torque value listed was 40nm, and the real torque value is 20nm.

I had originally verified the torque value with both the factory manual on DVD, as well as online with a reputable source. Either they are both mislabeled, or they are not clear. Nonetheless, the correct value is 20nm, not 40nm. The head bolt, 15mm, torque value is correct as stated.

I want to thank you all for purchasing the DVDs I created. Your support has encouraged me to continue to make instructional DVDs.

Jim Bade AKA Jim Von Baden
  2. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Nice work Jim! Will you be selling them at the MOA?
  3. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    They will be for sale at the MOA, RA and a few other rallys, though not likely by me directly. They will also be available online in the future with several well known vendors that also frequent this forum. I am working with them now to set it up, but wanted to sell a few to you FF's myself.:deal

4. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    Minneapolis (don't even ask how i end up here.
    Jim over time i have read pretty much every one of your posting with great interest, always to the point, but also full of easy to understand wisdom and not to much "Hyper complicated Bs" that scares people away.

I can varelly image how useful this video is going to be for everybody that owns and works on his 1200 (and as you say the other 259 engines too)

best of luck on this endevor, i can only wish you the best sucess on this first attept and that everybody will respect you intelectual property (not making Bootlegs and crap like that, or just selling their own version base on your work) so you can keep making instructional videos for other machines..

Tu Admirador:bow

Ricardo
  5. airansun

airansun Ride Wet!

Oddometer:
    Jim:

I just sent you the funds via PayPal. Do I get serial number 001?

Thanks for doing this for all of us!

Bob Aaronson
  6. blazer

blazer Vote Blazer for President

Oddometer:
    Jim,

Just sent payment also.

Any chance you can do one of these for the new GT as well? :evil

Thanks!

B-
  7. Glierly

Glierly Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just sent funds via paypal.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together.

Gary
  8. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys!

It is the incredible support of this site that has encouraged me to do this, and I hope it works out well for everyone!

This DVD may be just the first of several. I have plans and video "in the can" for the Companion DVD to this one, and some serious interest for the K1200 series (brick, and new generation), so they might come along as well in the future!

9. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    A special thanks to you Ricardo! Your opinion means a lot to me!

10. dyvking

dyvking ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer:
    Hi Jim..
    thanks for all your efforts on getting this DVD for the R12GS out. I sent Paypal funds this evening, with my address.
  11. dyvking

dyvking ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your efforts, Jim!
    I just sent you the funds via Paypal, with my mailing address.
  12. Infallible

Infallible Into the Wild Blue Yonder

Oddometer:
    Email sent.
  13. rangepig

rangepig Brick Flyer

Oddometer:
    Wow! Thanks for making this Jim. Paypal sent.

--rangepig
  14. Srbenda

Srbenda Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer:
    This looks popular Jim! Where do I buy stock?
  15. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Sorry Dan, no discounts for you!:lol3

PS I hope to at least break even!:uhoh
  16. rideLD

rideLD The further the better!

Oddometer:
    Congradualtions Jim:clap
    This rocks.:super

For now on when anyone says "you can't service these new fangled BMW yourself" I'll just pont them to your DVD. You have done a great thing here.:nod

I think I am going to have to buy one because I'm sure I could learn a thing or 2 from you.:deal
  17. Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy Live Free or Die

Oddometer:
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyy! :clap Amazon.Com?
  18. Cap'n Ron

Cap'n Ron The Devil's Advocate

Oddometer:
    Hy Jim,
    Funds sent. This is a great value! Thanks so much for all of your hard work.

Best regards,
    Ron Hilliard
  19. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    I'm certain I could learn a few things from you as well.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!:thumb

20. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    LOL I have a couple vendors that might not like that, besides, the audience is limited for such a DVD.

Thanks Man, and your DVD will be among the first to ship!:thumb

PS I fixed my original post for proper credit!:uhoh