Upstate SC Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by cbolling, May 17, 2010.

1. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    Since I enjoy riding to get tags, but don't have the time very often to ride across the state I present to you, UPSTATE SC TAG-O-RAMA. To start us off, I'll post the rules as used in the regular South Carolina Tag-O-Rama, since they seem to work so well and are less subject to rules lawyering.

The main differences are the 6 hour time limit to post a new tag and the boudaries. Which are North of HWY 20 and West of HWY 77.

Alright here we go. Lets get this thing started and hopefully we start off alot smoother than some of the others. The game is simple, the rules are easy, the goal is to get people out riding. With the goal in mind, please dont make the clues so hard that we have to surf longer on the net than we have to ride to get the tag. So here are the rules :deal .

#1 FILE PHOTOS CAN ONLY BE USED TO PLACE A TAG NOT TO GET THE TAG.
    #2 THE PHOTOS OF THE TAG SHALL BE AS CLOSE AS THE PREVIOUS TAG PHOTOS AS POSSIBLE. That means that the tagger needs to make sure that his photo can be shot be anyone on any bike. The taggers bike needs to be in the photo. So I think that if a road is goverment maintained and legal to ride than it is fair game. Gravel or not. Also tell us where the tag was.
    #3 NO WHINING ABOUT IT BEING TOO FAR. The boundaries are north of HWY 20 and west of HWY 77.
    #4 TAG MUST BE FINDABLE. If a tag is standing too long you will be asked to post a clue or a new tag. New tag must be posted no later than 6 hrs of the posting of your grab. You will forfeit your tag to the previous tagger. Lets keep the game moving.
    #5 HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. It doesn't matter if you got to it first, He who post first wins the tag. Laptops with cell modems and smart phones really help here.
    #6 A WORKING LINK TO A PICTURE IS ACCEPTABLE FOR SHORT PERIODS. It's sometimes hard to code HTML on the side of the road, if you post up a link to a working picture, then it counts. Next time you're at a real computer, please edit it so that the picture shows up in the thread.
    OK I believe that that is it. So lets have fun and ride safe. All rules are subject to change if the larger part of the inmates think that it should change. Lets go play TAG!!
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    JuanPa2Wheels and SloSolo2 like this.
  2. cbolling

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  3. wawarides

wawarides where's Laura0107? Supporter

Oddometer:
    All I see is a red "X".
  4. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Photobucket is acting silly. I will fix it in a few minutes.

This is wierd. On my computer I see it fine. But on my Ipod Touch I don't see anything.
  5. wawarides

wawarides where's Laura0107? Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can see it now.
  6. Bagmaster

Bagmaster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Weird, I don't see anything at all.

Photobucket test

[​IMG]
  7. cbolling

Oddometer:
    I am hoping that this will be fun. I certainly do not want to exclude anybody or step on the toes of the SC game. I still plan to participate in the SC game, but I often find myself with a few hours to go after a tag and it is somewhere near the coast. I may have time, but that is a whole day trip. Anyway, I figured by making the boundaries pretty large that we would easily include the midland players and hopefully some of the Lowcounty riders will join in.

Only in a few extreme circumstances should anyone ever be more than 2-3 hours max from the tag.

I also tightened up the new tag time from 24 hours to 6 hours. I figure this might keep the game moving on a nice sunny afternoon. That being said, if you have a file photo that you are putting up for the new tag please put it up ASAP. I realize that sometimes it is hard to get a tag up from a mobile location. The 6 hour limit is mainly to give you time to get back to your computer or to ride and take a new picture before posting it instead of using a file photo. Ideally, please try to get up a new photo within a few minutes of making a grap.

So lets go out and ride.
  8. Bagmaster

Oddometer:
    Yeppers, see it fine now.
  9. hojo in sc

hojo in sc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks CBoiling, I plan to stay involved with the SC Tag as well. The one thing that I might like to see changed is the time limit (for SC Tag). In another forum that I visit, they put up the new tag WITH the grab.

I wouldn't want to drive all the way to Charleston only to find out that I had been Bruced. I might consider the drive down there if when I found out I had been Bruced they had the new Tag posted right away, making my trip a little more worth it.
  10. ricepaddy

ricepaddy Ronin

Oddometer:
    Good on ya mate! I've been hoping this would happen as I like to ride in this quadrant. Looking forward to some great riding and fun tags. Now excuse me while I go look for Jack Rholetter's place. Rice--

:clap :clap :clap
  11. Bagmaster

Oddometer:
    Go for it. My bikes down for maintainence for now. It won't be hard to find even though it won't come up on street view for Google Earth.
  12. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm a circle around the good part of the good Carolina....

[​IMG]

:lurk
    KemoSabe1943 likes this.
  13. JackalHack

JackalHack Perpetually confused

Oddometer:
    No time to play along right now, but I'm in :ear
  14. kalonji

kalonji nihilism or nothing

Oddometer:
    I'm down. I like the post a new tag with the grab idea that was mentioned.

Seems like now is a good time to bring it up.
  15. French

French Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm only a high tech red neck in training so I'll need some help using a file photo for a new tag and/or linking the url. I have a motorola Droid but I don't know where you open it to take the pictures out.:lol3 This is of course assuming that I'll be able to find a tag in the first place.
  16. cbolling

Oddometer:
    The Droid is heat activated. Get your bike really warm and then put your Driod on top of the pipe. The pictures will pop right out. It is really cool to watch.:kboom
  17. JackalHack

JackalHack Perpetually confused

Oddometer:
    :scratch
  18. Tukata

Tukata ADV Demo Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm no longer in the Upstate, but I believe that Tag is not too far from my old house
  19. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    :lol3 The challenges of the directionally confused tagger....
  20. hojo in sc

hojo in sc Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl