Honda MB5 questions

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by pckopp, Mar 18, 2012.

1. pckopp

pckopp Aged Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping for some local knowledge here. My MB5 leaks oil from the oil tank and I can't really see where it is coming from. I suppose that's because there is an oily film everywhere.

Can I remove the oil tank without getting green oil all over everything? Is there a check valve or anything to prevent the oil from just coming out when I disconnect it? Anything or anyplace else I should be looking. Common problem areas for the oiling system?

Also, is there anything special about the blinker unit. Seems like a physically large one. Can I substitute reliably or do I need OEM?

Thanks!
  2. XJRetrofighter

XJRetrofighter Smoke Indica, do shit anyway

Oddometer:
    Hey there Phil,

Ive also got an MB5 I live down in Skyway, south Seattle area. We should ge ttogether and ride sometime bud. You can meet us out in the spring and sumer months at Moped Mondays with the Mosquito fleet riders. MB's ain't mopeds but they are tolerated among that group because they're so awesome.

As for your oil tank- sorry buddy, you got a mess on your hands there if you pull that oil res off, no way around it that I know of. maybe a fast finger underneath the hole when you disconnect it form the main line...

Check out Moped Army's wiki and forums for lots of great info on the MB5 including a few build threads etc. Just be prepared to get a lot of flak here and there from narrow minded Moped Scenesters. If you don't already know everything in the world anbout your bike and ask what someone could possibly interpret as a silly/dumb question- they will wast no opportunity to show you how much superior their knowledge is to your feeble faculties. You'll see, if you've got a thick skin, it's fine. And there's too much good info there honestly to go without them, especially if you're tryin gto troubleshoot and tune an aging moped or MB type bike.

Good luck with your MB, mine is tons of fun, a real keeper, if you know what I mean.

Also- for local events. check out backfiremoto.com- a few of the Seattle Cretins host a Wednesday nigth bike event in Ballard, and tonight is the season opener. Maybe we'll see you there sometime this season!:freaky
  3. pckopp

pckopp Aged Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm headed to Ballard this evening! Too nice not to go ride.

I got the oil problem solved. Yup, a fast finger is key to getting the tank off. Turns out the clamp on the little viewport with the yellow ball in it was not even tight. Took it apart, cleaned it up and it no longer leaks. The battery should be here Friday and it is back on the road. And for sale - I'm way too big for it.

Thanks!
  4. XJRetrofighter

XJRetrofighter Smoke Indica, do shit anyway

Oddometer:
    Phil I'll be there tonight either on my MB5 or on my CB900F. The CB is silver and blue and has the Hondaline fairing, so keep your eyes out for me. I've got a shaved head and beard right now, and I'll be wearing a red and white winter riding jacket tonight, whichever bike I end up on...

Maybe we'll have to talk about that MB of yours if you're really serious about selling it. Either for one of my friends or as a spare, although it might put me in danger with the wife(what else is new!), lol!
  5. pckopp

pckopp Aged Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PM sent.