Any Burgman riders here?

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by jvinzki, Mar 4, 2014.

1. jvinzki

jvinzki Leo69

Oddometer:
    Greetings brethren in 2 wheels. New in the forum. Any Burgman riders here? K12 650 Executive is my ride and lovin' it :wink:
    damasovi likes this.
  2. FizzyRascal

FizzyRascal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Greetings! :norton

I bought a baby Burger (200) in January - but I've barely ridden it - the weather here has been shite.
  3. HowHH

HowHH Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yep. Burgman 400.

If you haven't already, you should come visit www.burgmanusa.com. Wealth of knowledge there.
    simbaboy likes this.
  4. Chris618

Chris618 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bought my wife a used burgman 400, but I love it and ride it more than she does. Lol
    yak50 likes this.
  5. Tarka

Tarka Strangely strange. Oddly normal.

Oddometer:
  6. emmettken

emmettken Long timer

Oddometer:
    Greetings!
    08 Burgman 400.
    [​IMG]
  7. lestatlioncourte

lestatlioncourte Then imma probe U!

Oddometer:
    Hey, i'm heading tomorrow up north of england to trade in my k4 SV650S for a k4 Burgman Executive, i hope with all my heart i'll like it.

I know it sounds like a strange trade, but i have been done for speeding, and my shoulders are killing me.

Btw, could any of you owners tell me if it feels ok at 80ish mph on the motorway?
  8. Tarka

Oddometer:
    Absolutely no trouble at all on mine.
    Effortless on A road dual carriageways and motorways.
    The problem is keeping the speed DOWN. :evil

If you're over about 5'8" tall and sat upright you may feel a weird airflow thing where the rear of your crash helmet gets pushed forwards with the screen in the fully raised position....sitting a bit hunched or fitting a Givi or similar laminar lip will avoid it.
  9. lestatlioncourte

lestatlioncourte Then imma probe U!

Oddometer:
    ok, got it, I'm 5'10 but I never sit up straight. thanks for the input, appreciated.
  10. Tarka

Oddometer:
    Glad to help.

Depending on where you're heading to and your route,if you have any problems or feel tired and want a stop,give me a PM to sort it....I'm on the Wirral near Birkenhead/Liverpool/Chester.
  11. FizzyRascal

FizzyRascal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool! :D

I grew up in Wallasey. Small world. :norton
  12. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I picked up a used 2008 Burgman 400 about a month ago. So far I really like it and its one of the best scooters in this class. A tad heavy for dirty city work but everything is just great.
  13. 303whodat

303whodat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    05 650 here, before that had an 05 400. Love them both- 400 is flickable, but in winds and 65mph traffic I just feel a bit more stable in the 650. Enjoy your ride!
  14. vortexau

vortexau Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer:
    It was the amount of power available that caused me to add a towbar to my K8 Exec. Mainly hitch-up to take out my unbranded Freak Assassin kayak out on local reservoirs. 60 minutes paddling after 3:00PM on a hot afternoon is good for mind and body. Amazing experience to stop while thousands of waterfowl overfly at low altitude, and then resume progress.
  15. Bearcat

Bearcat burg1

Oddometer:
    I have 2 Burgman 650 executives. An 08 and an 09, 18,000 on the 08 and 8000 on the 09. Love em both.
  16. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've never owned a Burgman, and Suzuki is one of the few bikes I've not ever owned. However, I will be switching from my present Gold Wing to a maxi scooter in the near furure, and the Burgman 650 is at the top of my list.

I really want the Silverwing to be replaced, updated to at least an equal of the Burgman 650, but not sure that will happen. I have no close by Suzuki dealers, plus my Honda shop is oustanding.
    simbaboy likes this.
  17. jvinzki

jvinzki Leo69

Oddometer:
    Glad to see a lot of Burgers here :thumb:thumb
  18. BudLight

BudLight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 2012 Burgman Executive 650. I have only put on 4,000 miles since I bought it last spring, but it has become my primary ride. It shares the stable with a DL1000 VStrom that is getting less and less attention. The Burgman does it all for me. No hesitation on long distant touring or short around-the-town trips.
    -Bud
    Phipsd likes this.
  19. knucklehead90

knucklehead90 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It doesn't look like Honda is going to put money into the Silverwing. I'd guess they might give it a cosmetic clean up at best given the rather dated look of its current design. The Honda's normal CVT design is what holds it back IMO - and the Burgman is miles ahead of the rest of the maxi scoots in the drive train - its time for you to get that test ride. I think you'll be hooked.

I'm eyeballing the outside temps today. I may be taking a ride on my beautiful black 08 650 Exec today. The ice and snow is finally melting and the Burgman and the golf clubs are both calling me. If the course is still closed due to snow I'll take a ride. Should hit 55*F today. Warm enough!
  20. gec343

gec343 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your opinion, Knuclehead90. You're right on my need for a test ride, and also that I'll "be hooked". That is exactly what I'm afraid of with the Burgman.

After the Burgman purchase, with my luck, Honda will come out with an updated Sulverwing or possibly bring the Integra to the U.S. Not that it's a big issue, but at age approaching 72, would like to buy one last bike, equip it like I want, then ride it until I die or quit riding, which doubt I'll ever do. Plus, since I never leave home without my pillion buddy, Pugsley, have to revamp the seat a little, tourbox and armrests to enclose him, etc. My present Wing is equipped perfectly for him, but it took some time and expense. It seems I've become quite indecisive in my old age, but not sure!!!:gerg