Teiz Motorsports One Piece Riding Suits - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by TheNedster, Feb 14, 2009.

1. TheNedster

TheNedster Lurkapotamus

Oddometer:
  2. omnivore

omnivore SuperSportTourer

Oddometer:
    Too bad it isn't 2 pc
  3. keiji

keiji Long timer

Oddometer:
    If it's got the materials it says it has and the stitching it says it has, I'd buy one.

I don't remember the old cordura being made in 600/1680 denir form though.
    Too bad ever since DuPont sold the Cordura name to Invista, they've been plastering it on everything now.

I can see them being able to make that price if t is more or less direct from the factory. The old FS highland suit was 329.

Having that many features can hide the fact that smaller pieces of fabric are used. Using the older style armor will help on price too.

Seems too good to be true, but I will wait with anticipation too.
  4. MillCreek

MillCreek ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer:
    The WBW posting references the suit in high-viz colors. At this time, the website showing the Cordura suit in black and the mesh suit in red. I would be curious to see how this stacks up to my Olympia Phantom in neon.
  5. JPerkins

JPerkins Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think you nailed it. Engrish.
  6. keiji

keiji Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hell, if that 'd' saves me $200+ on a suit, I don't care what it says.
  7. anonny

anonny What could go wrong?

Oddometer:
    I'm sure 15 minutes with an exacto or stitch ripper will take care of that problem :D
  8. Kit_McConnico

Kit_McConnico Regular Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, but if they can even get that right what else is going to be fucked up on this thing.
  9. DakarBlues

DakarBlues One-everythinged man

Oddometer:

Urdu Urdu Class Learning Urdu
    Quick=teiz,
  10. Sir Not Appearing

Sir Not Appearing That's no ordinary rabbit

Oddometer:
    I really like that mesh suit on their website. I'll be eagerly awaiting the review from Webbikeworld.
  11. krehmkej

krehmkej Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    New from the Land of Almost Right....
  12. ctbandit

ctbandit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    honestly this suit looks pretty decent. I've never even heard of tiez but I'd love to see this in person. If it's easy on/off this seems like a great commuter get up. Even has knee pucks?? :ear

I also believe in you get what you pay for though. Which is why I'd be skeptical until I saw and tried on one to see what's really going on.
  13. rhys

rhys Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has anybody made contact with them and asked about sizing???

I'm a short (like really really short) fat guy. Motoport is my choice of summer suit, but that's a thousand bucks.....

I'll chance a 'Translate to FAST' $300 suit if they can fit a 5' 2" fat boy.

(Kevlar lined jeans and a Cortech mesh jacket may not be enough for my antics on the road.....)
  14. OaklandLion

OaklandLion Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    even though I don't like red.

For $249, even if it's okay, I'll be happy.

It does seem to have too many features. A little feature happy.

I need a mesh outfit. The Dainese Fluxus 2-pc is a fortune, plus it's made for skinny Italian dudes. Barely fits over my gut, and I'm not what you'd call fat. Also, I want to buy the Rev It Infinity, but that's $1,300. In California, with tax, that's $1,400 OTD.
  15. OaklandLion

OaklandLion Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Rhys - there's a guy on www.bayarearidersforum.com making custom 1pc leathers for $425. He'll fit your size. I think his website is www.tilt.com

Good luck.
  16. ruh roh

ruh roh hey Yall

Oddometer:
    I bet its supposed to say " translated : too fast"
  17. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    I just signed up for their newsletter and emailed the re: sizing. Will let y'all know what they say. Also they are backordered so I asked them when they might get more in stock and where I might see the suit in person.

Nice find. :thumb
  18. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Wow guys, I already received the return email from Ghazi at Teiz. I am really amazed at how quickly he responded and actually answered my questions as well!

Here is his email response:

"Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our products. I have been monitoring the forums and I am assuming I am speaking to flux_capacitor :) I want to respond to the comments in the forum but registration is closed for new members.

Firstly, please let others on the forum know that "translate to fast" is not a misprint. The point of our tagline is that if you wear the right gear and feel safe, you will automatically go faster and feel more confident.

Secondly, we have tried to ensure that everything is of the highest quality and comparable to many of the higher-priced competitive products out there. There is an impression that if the suit costs less it must not be that good, but I think riders will stand corrected once they have experienced the suit.

We do not advertise the suit as being 100% waterproof. However, Cordura is water resistant and there is in internal waterproof liner called Drench Quench which should provide further protection. The front zipper comes with a Velcro cover to prevent water seeping in from the front. All the vent zippers and most pockets are waterproof.

There is a sizing chart and some comparisons on the website:
    http://teizms.com/comparisons-charts

The fit also depends on personal preferences. For example I am 5.8 and wear a small which is very snug on my body. But then I like the fitting to be very snug and I wear short underneath, take out the liner and avoid jeans. Normally a guy my size would go with medium. Using the sizing chart and comparing with your regular jacket size you can probably evaluate what would be comfortable size for you. If you are still confused, shoot me an email with your detailed size info.

We are working with dealers in Atlanta as well and hopefully it will be on display in Atlanta showrooms soon. We intend to launch direct sales to customers through our website in the next 2-3 months. If you email me right now about what you interested in, I can order a suit specifically for you as well. It will require a small deposit. If you think you will need a hi-viz color, you need to order ahead because they are custom ordered due to low demand. I will be posting new hi-res pictures and color swatches online soon.

Also, there are several colors available Regular Colors: Black, Red, Blue, Silver/Pewter, Dark Grey
    Hi-Viz: Yellow, Orange, Light Green

Please feel free to email me any further questions.
    Thanks
    Ghazi

[FONT=&quot]Ghazi Farooq[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] ghazi@teizms.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] (408) 396-0881[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [​IMG]
    www.teizms.com
    info@teizms.com"

So there you have it. I offered to post some pics for him if he'd email them to me so if he does I will post up. I'd like to get into one of these suits pretty soon and if I do then I'll let y'all know what I think. :thumb
  19. TonyKZ1

TonyKZ1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    This suit looks and sounds good, but I sure hope they'll make some bigger sizes. I can probably/possibly squeeze into their 3XL/46 but I currently wearing a XL Firstgear Thermo-suit and a 2XL Fieldsheer Highland II suit both are around a 48.
    Tony
  20. omnivore

omnivore SuperSportTourer

Oddometer:
    I dunno why they think the hi viz would be a low volume seller. I am thinking half of all sales will be hi viz. I know I'd be buying a hi viz yellow one, if they could make it 2 pc like the Olympia stuff.