XRL owners sign in.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by onaXR, Jan 18, 2006.

1. ReferJohn

ReferJohn 4th Gear pinned> you'll make it

Oddometer:
    Cyber
    I used a 2mm washer bought at any auto parts store.
  2. mcma111

mcma111 Long timer

Oddometer:

Doh
  3. 3girlsdad

3girlsdad aka FiddyK Supporter

Oddometer:
    i'm sure liking the crf230l fender. need to take the cable guide off the xr fender or make a new one. the crf fender feels more rigid like it will hold well into the wind. goodbye to floppy! here's the comparison part way thru...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    I have seen several people trim the back end of the fender. Does that really help get more air onto the motor? Will it keep the beast cooler. While I am trimming, I figure I will trim the front part also......
  5. michael.brat

michael.brat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Keep in mind that trimming of the front will cause debris and water to spray back on you when riding. I trimmed mine around 4in I think and could see the water and sometimes small gravel being blown back at me.

I wonder if that crf230 fender is the same length as the xrl? If so, I need to get me one. Where'd you get yours 3girlsdad??

Mike B
  6. Skater

Skater Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got one of these today and installed it:
    http://www.motorcyclehidxenonlights.com/Honda-XR650L-HID-Xenon-Lights/

My main complaints are that the HID is only low beam and is not really that bright. The high beam is via a halogen off to the side which makes the high beam pointed about 20 degrees to the right...lame. By putting the switch half way i can run both high and low - definitely more light and pretty cool although charging system can't quite keep up so i wont be running that way all the time. Overall i would not recommend this.
  7. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    Skater, thanks for the heads up. I was actually looking at one of these. I will pass.
  8. Jud

Jud Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks for the heads up.
  9. 3girlsdad

Oddometer:
    flebay. make sure it's the crf230L not the crf230R fender, as the L fender has the channel for the wiring.there's one that ends tomorrow.
  10. Lane_N

Lane_N Pig Wrangler

Oddometer:
    I have a crf230l front fender on my bike too. It is almost exactly the same general curve/shape and length as the original fender with 2" chopped off the front. I think it looks way better though.
  11. Olderslowerguy

Olderslowerguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. cybertrip

cybertrip Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's stock so obviously it's lean. Got new jets so I'll get it taken care of when I do Dave's Mod.
  13. mcma111

mcma111 Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. 4stksonly

4stksonly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok boys, step right up and take a peak at C-dubs goodness. Now be careful............you might like:evil Now give it u p for da man :clap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Brtp4

Brtp4 Powdercoat it. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where did you get that bracket for the idle adjustment cable?

BP
  16. ThumpnRed

ThumpnRed Pig Wrangler

Oddometer:
    Has "wash me" pushed it's way through the crud yet? :lol3
    On a serious note...:evil Does the intake spacer replace the NOSS adapter or simply push the NOSS adapter further into the airbox outlet? I have to get my snails installed...
  17. Hurricane Bob

Hurricane Bob Long timer

Oddometer:

http://www.4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32569
  18. 3girlsdad

Oddometer:
    freaking out a little bit. i just did my first oil change on my bike (08, 2,400 miles, got it with 1,500 on it). i did the filter as well. put 1.5 quarts in afterwards, let it run a bit. added the rest of the quart, run, check dipstick, nothing. added a bit more (2.06 quarts recommended on oil and filter change) and still not registering on the dipstick. i checked the oil overflow screw and if the bike is slightly leaning to the right, oil will start to come out. i don't want to run it if something is wrong. i don't want to overfill it either, but no oil is showing up on the dipstick. yes, i put the filter in correctly. followed all directions, even watched a couple online vids just to make sure. suggestions?
  19. Lane_N

Lane_N Pig Wrangler

Oddometer:
    I check mine after getting it warmed up a bit. A spirited ride around a few blocks will do, then while still sitting on the bike shut it down and immediately check it by pulling the dipstick wiping it off then putting it back in the fitting but not screwing it on then you should get an indication on your stick. If you KNOW it has 2 quarts in it you should be fine to check it this way. Once you get your system down always do it that way and you'll get a feel for normal levels on your bike. It won't hurt it to run a modest bit over full, the motor has a dry sump.
  20. Walterxr650l

Walterxr650l Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let it idle for 3 min., pull the stick and check it. Make sure the bike is sitting level while idling.

Walter