Bar risers with Scott's tripple clamp

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Umarth, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Umarth

Umarth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone installed Scott Performance tripple clamp on an ktm 640 and added bar risers on top of that?
    If so, where did you get your risers?
  2. bmwktmbill

bmwktmbill Traveler

Oddometer:
    Why bury it. Use the stock above bar mount for the 640.
    Edit your thread title and others will pile on.
    bill
  3. Umarth

Umarth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    well, looks like I jumped the gun a bit to quickly before asking this question.

googling it against this site gave me the answer: BRP (.75 and 1.25") has one and Rox also a set (2").

next time, I'll search first... :deal
  4. Umarth

Umarth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Already have the tripple clamps. ;)
  5. bmwktmbill

bmwktmbill Traveler

Oddometer:
    Umarth ,
    Guess I didn't understand. But id you also have the stock triple clamp I would use that and the standard overbar set up from Scotts.
    The reason I say that is I am always adjusting the damping on the device and digging under the bar if you use a tank bag is a PIA.

Scotts make an oversized adjuster kob for a few bucks that is WTM my opinion. Adjustments can be made fast.
    bill
  6. Umarth

Umarth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, first and fore most, I needed the handle bars a lot higher than stock for riding standing up. So I got the under bar kit since that raises it some and provides a solid base for extra risers: I hate it when the handles flex! Also, I only regularly tweek one of the settings on the scott: the one for the amount of resistance and that one is easy to get to even under mounted.

But I still need more height. Gonna go with 1'25" risers from BRP and looking for some lowered foot pegs.
    Saw a set on here that offered a good inch more, but cant find a vender for them. I might settle for a set that lowers by 1/2" and modify them if it's really not enought.