Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

yes, mouseman, he is...if you'd paid better attention, you'd know that he and GCMK are an item.

meanwhile, you missed a good ride today, if you wanna try again in 2 weeks, I'll have saturday the 13th off (or monday the 8th would work too)

pix after my nap
  2. steveb126

steveb126 Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer:
    sion's ride [​IMG] [​IMG] Camped once a month since April, didn't want to break my streak. This may have to count for both September and October. [​IMG] [​IMG]
  3. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    I didn't know that either
  4. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Well I never make it to the Tuesday dinners in Cowtown and they never led on that they were a couple on here..at least not recently. Maybe in the 1st 3000 pages that I haven't read they did... ;)
  5. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    Where exactly are those trails Mike?
  6. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    now that I think about it, it may not have been revealed here, but in the Tuesday dinner thread

anyway, here's my 3 whole pix I took...

[​IMG]

EJV with his S-Ten and Dave? on his RC51

[​IMG]

the V-Stroms: Steveb126 (on right) and Name Escapes Me

[​IMG]

Mark and his ST1300

we had 7 of us total start off from Tarlton. Besides me, there was EJV, Steveb126, Gregsbro and one more from ADVRider whose name escapes me (damn I suck) plus two guys who arent on the board, Mark and (Dave?)

I, of course, intended to take more pics at the Millstone, but didnt and the video I took is nearly worhtless unless you like looking at the side of the road for 3 hours. Somehow, right at the beginning of the ride, I knocked the camera sideways (damn I suck). Maybe I'll post up a little snippet later.
  7. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Sounds engrossing, I'm on the edge of my seat. :lol3

You gotta do the group shot, man. If there's one thing looking at cool old motorcycle pictures and murals has taught me it's the importance of the group shot. Otherwise it's just bikes at gas stations, woohoo.

I'm starting to pose a la Napoleon, with my hand tucked high up in my jacket... :lol3

[​IMG]
  8. BigOhio

BigOhio Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry I missed it. was feeling a little better this weekend and decided to move some big ass logs and split firewood yesterday and early this morning which was a bad idea. Started the GS up and made it about half way down the drive and found the pinched nerve back with a vengence so just parked it. Really sucks to be missing out on the best riding of the year...
  9. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I watched local news for the first time in a year plus, and the first story was a road rage shooter in Delaware... On a farkled out 1200gs! Guess he followed a pickup truck till it stopped, then shot the driver in the head?! Eep.
  10. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
  11. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:

I only took photos on the Marienville Trail (Marienville, Pa). The ATV trails are Wayne easy, pretty much ride any standard motorcycle with tread and a skid plate and ride it. The bike trail however, though now quad wide, has some nasty rock gardens. There are 4 or 5 average rock gardens on the Marienville, 3 that are intimidating. Rocky Gap only has 2 or 3.

In the one posted above, not only was this this the by-pass hill to the real hill (you don't want to see the real hill, think Erzberg), I was supposed to be going in the direction the camera is pointed, not the direction the rock kicked me. I got stuck twice but made it without falling. I tried the real hill 4 or 5 times one day and never made it without dabbing or stopping.
  12. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:

In the news a few years ago, a man woke up with a severe head ache, later to find out a 22 was lodged in his skull. Seams his wife was pissed and shot him while he slept.
  13. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    I'm not incarcerated, so it wasn't me.
  14. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Just saw it on Channel 10.

The GS is red with gray jesse's and a bunch of Touratech stuff on it, including some soft bags strapped to the back of the Jesse's, black crashbars, black russell daylong with back rest, some little Canadian flag stickers.

At first I thought it was Larry. :eek1 Thanks to the DVR I backed it up and saw it definitely wasn't.

Anybody we know?
  15. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    unfortunately that color scheme is rather popular. I hate to throw names out for just that reason. However, the way the news reported the story it doesn't sound like a good case for self defense given he chased the pickup down in order to shoot the driver.
  16. QUICKDRAW

QUICKDRAW Bug Murderer

Oddometer:
    I happened to be there right at 3:30 just as they were closing the US23 N exit. The bike looks disturbingly familiar. The news showed a few seconds of the bike from the side and rear. I had an adrenalin surge as I first saw the bike because from behind, it looks like Ohioroadrats.
  17. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    You and me both, Shawn!! The only reason I knew it wasn't at first glance was because it didn't have stickers all over the Jesse's and Larry didn't have all the other TT stuff bolted on.

That, and it's got a Zumo on the dash, and I know Larry wouldn't be investing in one right now. :rofl
  18. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    That and Larry only has a .380 he uses to scare bears with the noise of the gunshot! :lol3

Actually I heard what happened is the final drive was leaking oil, which was blowing back all over the truck's windshield, prompting the confrontation. Damn BMW final drives.
  19. GregsBro

GregsBro a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer:

That's Brian (palandor)

Thanks Sion good ride and good to meet everyone.
  20. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :photog