2014 RMAR Meeker Rendezvous, July 31-Aug 3

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Mac, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its taken longer than I had hoped to get an update out. Our delay was with coordinating with the city around some proposed construction in the parks that were to be our base camp. The great news is that the town has been great to work with and has really gone to bat in insuring we can provide the best gathering possible - to the point of delaying the construction until after our event. :clap

With the above in mind here are the details:

• Basecamp will be in Town Park.
    • Camping will be provided on the grass of Town Park and Circle Park at $15/night/tent (honor system so be sure to pay up and thank our hosts for welcoming us into town!)
    • If you camp there will be paid shower options at the Elk Mountain Inn and Blue Spruce Hotels (close by)
    • We'll have a couple of options to get indoors for social time in the event of bad weather
    • There are lots of lodging options in the area if you don't want to camp
    • $25 of your event registration will be returned to you in the form of Meeker Bucks. These are good for gas, food, and other items throughout the entire town and are good up to 90 days after the event.
    • The town is very OHV friendly. If you're bike is not plated you can still ride through town to the trails as long as you have a brake light.
    • Registrations completed by 1 July receive a free event t-shirt.

I've attached a PDF with the list of all available lodging in the area. Given the close proximity please help us to fill up the Elk Mountain and Blue Spruce Hotels. Their owners and management have been tremendously helpful in helping RMAR make this event happen in a very short timeframe.

Below I've included pictures of the parks we'll be using for base camp, a map of the town, and a full lodging guide.

If you haven't registered yet please visit the link below and plan to join us for some great trail riding and camaraderie.

Click here to register

Town Park
    [​IMG]

Circle Park
    [​IMG]

Town map (you can also download a PDF version here)
    [​IMG]

Lodging Guide - for all the lodging options in Meeker
  2. zgfiredude

zgfiredude Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome, looking forward to this yet again!

Maybe I'll take the training wheels off the big bike for 2014 ! :rofl
  3. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Big_John

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Big_John

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Farmer1

Farmer1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here and there, but usually, leaving Illinois
    SO IN!!!!

Cant wait!!

J8
  7. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    To let people know, Jim does take reservations now :evil

Cabin 3 here

Anyone game to be my Cabinmate? I promise not to bite. The thing is I'm looking for someone that will be there from July 26th to August 3rd to split the cost or as close to those dates as I can get. I think it's like $120 a night split between two, so not to bad at $60 a night each. This might go lower, if pwrtrippin wants to pitch some $$ to sleep on the cabin floor for the time he is there....LOL

2 Bedroom's, Kitchen area, table area, TV, some crazy neighbors in Cabin 2 I heard...so

Anyways PM me if your interested.

:freaky
  8. Farmer1

Farmer1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here and there, but usually, leaving Illinois

I heard the guy in #2 can whip up a mean batch of apple pie!!
  9. Proveick

Proveick Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a "93 XT600e with shinko 705's.
    What tire would you use for the event?
    [​IMG]
    Thanks
  10. scruffy

scruffy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In,
    Have the same room as the past two years. I'll be there on the 25th july to 4th august, ready for more punishment. This will probably again be my 1st offroad ride of the year and I'll be coming from sea level so I'll probably need a ride or two to get in shape. Modettes rides are perfect for getting back in shape, if you survive. It's a good thing I'm still a young guy. I won't be 65 till next year.
  11. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:

Depends what you ride for terrain....

But what you have on will do the traditional Black Bear and Imogene passes.
  12. CaptRick

CaptRick Still crazy..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    In reservation at Red Mountain made upper RV site # 11
    Dragging the travel trailer once again
    What could possibly happen...:evil
    I guess I better start stocking the bar
  13. DirtRider....

DirtRider.... Wandering Turtle

Oddometer:
    I haven't attended any RMAR events yet and really want to... what is the riding format for 2014? Meaning, are you camping off the bike like I saw in last years event or is this event setup for just day rides from the base camp?
  14. zgfiredude

zgfiredude Long timer

Oddometer:
    This event is predominately day rides from the Silverton base....you could do your own overnight, but that is not the basis for this event.

There are lots of opportunities for evening camaraderie around the campground that is not to be missed!! :evil:D
  15. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    This is based out of Silverton, CO and the Red Mountain Lodge & RV Park right in town.

We are going to do a better job on route ideas and group leaders with a wide range of skill levels to pick from. One idea that a vendor brought up is have a vendor sponsored ride...Meaning you might Join the Kawasaki Big Bike Ride, or the Wolfman Ride...this is an idea and feel free for all to give their input on what you want to see. (Remember groups can be no bigger then 10 as per the USFS rules)

We did take notice and felt like some felt left out...again an area we will try and re-enforce not only for RMAR Board members to do but for all to get around and make new friends.

Also I would like for you to all note, the auction will be bigger this year...too early to drop names but a lot of companies are stepping up because of the auction and the goal to raise as much cash as we can. So although we will have door prizes still the focus will be on the Auction because this is what it's about to raise money.
  16. Big_John

Oddometer:

To explain to all the new-comers.....the RMAR Rendezvous is not only a phenomenal ride and time of camaraderie with like-minded adventurers.....

....but it is an opportunity to give back. A portion of your donation/registration and all the proceeds from the auction will go straight to the Colorado Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition in their work to keep our trails and riding areas open. Their work is critical to all of Colorado, but especially the riding areas around Silverton.

Thanks to all of you for your donations in the past and for your support moving forward.

17. pwrtrippin

pwrtrippin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Woo Hoo, IN this year
  18. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    It's always nice to know I'm right.
    The earth really is flat.....
    ....and that's the edge....
    :D
  19. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    it has been over a year we joined the rmar silverton rally, and still we talk about it around the campfire. one of the best ride ever plus met a lot of good people.

i love to do it again, just need to check my busy 2014 calendar.

thanks big john and crew for setting up this event.
  20. unaweep

unaweep Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer:
    IN! :clap