Powdercoating in PDX

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by E-Bum, Feb 16, 2014.

1. E-Bum

E-Bum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Africa Twin will soon be stripped down to the frame and I'm looking to have it powder coated (along with other little subframes and tidbits). I would like to have it powdercoated by someone who has done bikes in the past, so as to be able to ensure bearing tolerances and screw threads are properly masked off and conserved.

Anyone have any suggestions in the PDX/Vancouver metro area?

Thanks.
  2. tundradirtbiker

tundradirtbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great work. If the sandblaster misses frame joints- they send it back for correction. Sandblaster was good with protecting the VIN#. Powdercoater protected threads and did a light coat over the the VIN. Experienced and quality work. The owner races off road and does a lot of current and vintage stuff. Black PC is done daily. The special orders like orange take time for individual set up.

Blakely Kustom Koatings
    15000 SE Morning Way
    Clackamas, OR 97015
    (503) 658-1660

[​IMG]
  3. E-Bum

E-Bum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great, thanks Tundra. Mind sharing the cost of having that frame powdercoated in orange?
  4. tundradirtbiker

tundradirtbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    $75 for sandblasting by the local guy they use. I think it was $100 for the powder coat. Sandblasting an existing powder coat is more expensive. Not sure about the price differential of powder coat color.