SENA BLUETOOTH - Inmate's Special GROUP BUY!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RocketMoto, Apr 25, 2010.

1. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the delayed reply - I missed your post, somehow.

iOS6, with respect to Bluetooth, particularly on the iPhone 5, has been problematic. There are endless threads on the Apple support site about recent BT incompatibilities, and I have spent countless hours with customers trying to sort out issues on the iPhone 5.

On your iPhone 4, I can only suggest deleting the pairings in the phone, power it off then on again. Reset the Sena to factory defaults (press phone button for 12 seconds, red light comes on, press jog dial within 5 seconds. Units powers off, power the Sena back on) and re-pair iPhone to Sena.

Aside from that, I don't have any other magic suggestions. :(:
  2. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    Adam:
    Seriously ... Sena should have you on their payroll :deal
    Thanks for your great support!
    I've told every one of my riding friends to buy a Sena, and to be damn sure they buy it from YOU!

iOS 6.0.1 was recently released,
    and I see that 6.1 is in beta,
    but neither mention updates to BT stuff..... :cry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history

I think I'll keep my 3Gs running iOS v4.x for a bit longer .. :D

PS: Sena has been filling out the demo videos on their YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/senabluetooth
  3. Skelt

Skelt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All good videos but none cover my issues! Here is what I have:
    iPhone 4 running 6.0.1
    SMH10 first gen
    SR10 newest software installed
    Zumo 550 w/ GXM 30

No problem pairing SR10 to SMH10 for XM listening and GPS prompts BUT if I try to add the phone to the mix it over rides
    the XM. Im back to music from the phone. It has connected in the past but not reliably. Seems very picky about the sequence things are turned on. I should be able to listen to XM and answer a call and go back to XM right?

Don
  4. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Hi Don:

Do you have the SR10 2-way radio adapter, or the SM10 dual stream transmitter? Please confirm.

So, you have the audio out from the Zumo plugged in to the SR10 (or SM10)? Yes?
  5. Skelt

Skelt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes Adam that's correct, SR10 to audio out of the Zumo bike mount. Paired the SMH10 to the SR10 first then tried the iPhone to the SR10. That's when the problem starts.
  6. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Hmmm... Your setup *should* work as intended.

Are you powering the SR10 and the Zumo from the bike, or is the SR10 running on its internal battery?

I would do a factory default reset on the SR10, delete the pairing in the iPhone, and power it off then back on and pair-up again.

One thing to note here is that the music from the Zumo into the SR10 will sound like an old AM transistor radio, if that good. The hands-free profile that the SR10 uses is intended for voice, like phone calls and 2-way radio, not music.

If you can't get it to work, give me a call, and I will replicate your setup here, to see if I can make sense of it.
  7. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Jim:

Howza 'bout you call Marc Woo at Sena in California, and suggest that? :evil

On that thought, I should add myself to the Rocket Moto payroll... Oh, right, there ain't no payroll, yet. We run this is a *public service* :lol3 .

I just updated my iPhone 5 to IOS 6.0.1, yesterday. The Bluetooth to my Bose headset, which had worked perfectly, now drops out and pairs-up constantly. I can only guess that this is caused by the latest iOS upgrade.
  8. Turkus

Turkus Motorcyclus Unemploy

Oddometer:
    Adam & Jeanette ~

Just want to say "thanks" for the great service and speedy delivery !!
    My goodies arrived today, already charged and paired for Friday morning's departure to Las Vegas

Thanks again !! :D
  9. Dorzok

Dorzok Long timer

Oddometer:
    i noticed something like this with iOS 6.0.1 too. incoming calls will ring and then no voice when i answer. i have to manually switch the phone to the Bluetooth device. it's easy enough; on the answer screen with the speaker phone button.
  10. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    This is a long shot but ............
    Do either of you guys by chance have the "Shazam" music ID app. on your phones?
    I can not explain it, but when I installed it, all my BT stuff went flaky....
    I uninstalled the app, hard booted and everything was fine again............
  11. ultane

ultane sqeezin the bag

Oddometer:
    I've notice that same issue with failed Bluetooth pairing on incoming calls in my '11 Subaru Outback since recently updating my iPhone 4S to '6.whatever'.

I might be wrong... Just ask my X...

Sent from my rotary dial iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Glierly

Glierly Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    After reading all the post in this thread I made the decision to purchase the SMH10 Dual Pack. I talked with Adam mid morning on Saturday and he made some suggestions I would have never thought of and will help make the system more flexible. He certainly knows his stuff, and more importantly, he listened to what I thought I wanted and based his suggestions on what I felt would work best for me. It was a pleasure dealing with him.

The order was taken to the local post before noon on Saturday was was delivered around 9:30 this morning. It just doesn't get much better.

I'll be trading more this Rocketmoto in the future for certain.

gll
  13. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    +1000
    Adam is "the man" ....
    I had the same experience as you when ordering my SMH10.
    His website is expanding quickly, and he will be my go-to for future farkles.
    I know he'll give me a hand with them if I need one! :clap
  14. jeffygs

jeffygs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a zumo 550 with XM, Im wanting a Sena but also want to listen to my xm through the Sena. Do I need one of those dongle things to make it all wireless? Any help is good!
  15. yellowrench

yellowrench n00b

Oddometer:
    Do you have the new SMH5-FM in stock?
  16. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Jeffy:

The Zumo 550 doesn't do stereo XM, so if you pair it to a BT headset, it'll sound almost as good as a 50 year-old AM radio. You'll want a BT 'dongle' like the Sena SM10, that'll permit pairing to a rider and passenger headset. It'll run all day on its internal battery, but if you want to bike power it, and the Zumo is also bike powered, you'll need a stereo ground loop isolator to connect the two.

Questions??? Give us a shout during the week, 9AM-6PM eastern, 877.533.4245.
  17. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    These were just announced this past week. It takes some weeks before the new product actually filters thru the Sena distributors and out to dealers.

We're not sure that we'll stock these, just yet - it all depends on whether there's enough demand. We'd be happy to order up for you and have it on the way to you, just as soon as it arrives here.
  18. histguy

histguy Histguy

Oddometer:
    PM sent your way Adam.
  19. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Thanks!

We have T * O * N * S of Sena products (and oodles of other great stuff) in stock and ready to ship. Plus we will help you when you hit a technical snag or installation issue - long after your purchase. The other places can give you a price, but who you gonna call when you have a problem? Ghostbusters? :rofl
  20. jeffygs

jeffygs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just to be sure! the sena smh10 only handles 4 headset connections so four single bikes or 2 bikes with passengers, each with a headset. Seems like not a problem until you have 5 bikers each with a sena then one somewhere is not included in all communications. Its all ok if thats the facts. I guess if 5 riders then 4 connected, then the last one connected to the first 4 but not the first. Will this all work or will the bluetooth decide who is closest and make changes automatic
    See how my brain works