New Touratech farkel: Touratech Companero

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by sanjaya_sugiarto, Nov 18, 2010.

1. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:

Looks to be the same suit, just gray without the touratech logos. Might save a couple bucks on that alone:lol3:lol3:lol3

http://www.stadler-bekleidung.de/index.php/produktdetails.html?id=44
  2. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've lived in Atlanta since '95. Been wearing gore-tex for about 8 years (aerostich/klim) and one thing I can say about humidity...it doesn't care if you have mesh/kevlar or gore-tex. It sucks both ways. Mesh makes no difference down here contrary to what people believe. But one thing it does do is dehydrates you quicker, as the hot, humid air passes through your gear it removes the sweat on your body, causing you to sweat more. And so on and so forth, till you become dehydrated. I've had a motorport suit and it didn't make long days in august any better. Get an evap vest (http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=3570014M&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse) and a camel bak and prepare to suffer.
    Man, sorry to sound so dark. It's really not that bad and you get used to it.

3. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    what we did on our trip last summer was take our undergarment's advise...LDComfort says in HHH weaether, wet the sleeves of our base layer and only open the vents on the arms of our jackets(at the time Revit Cayenne Pro)...repeat as necessary and believe it or not with hydrating ourselves we were able to still ride 8-10 hrs in that dreaded heat wave you all had last summer. Now we were not overly comfortable but we stayed alert and hydrated. Mesh in really hot and humid weather dehydrates you faster hence shorter days for sure. We even used ice in our shirts...if we were to go on another trip where it was HHH we might invest in a cooling vest but for now...we will see how our KLIM Traverse does in the summer.

Bottom line like hardwaregrrl says...sux riding in HHH...and I rather ride in cold.
  4. I'm definitely one who supports the idea of riding gear with a separate, outer wind/rain layer. So after reading about the Companero on this thread, I called Touratech U.S.A. to find out more. I spoke with Derek Pederson, and here's what he had to say...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    At this time, Touratech U.S.A. does not plan to keep an inventory of the Companero system. But they expect to receive a measuring kit in about 2 weeks, and with that, will begin taking orders. The jacket and/or pants will be special ordered on a case by case basis. The expected turnaround time from order to delivery is about 3 weeks. The jacket system will run $1495 and the pants will be $995.

Here's a link Derek sent with more info and photos. He said the the light gray jacket/pants are the inner layer, and the dark gray jacket/pants are the outer layer.

http://www.touratech.com/shops/001/...=8031&osCsid=16cf52865b99ff123c0cc0426e2a7c07
  5. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    wow this suit is even more than the KLIM Adventure rally....over $2500:huh
  6. Yea, I was bummed to hear the price on this gear. While it may well be worth the price, it's well beyond my budget.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    But I sure think these guys are onto a great concept. A system with the rain layer under the jacket leads to a soaked jacket and all the drawbacks related to that, such as dripping your way around the store or restaurant, or dealing with it in your tent at the end of the day. And an all-in-one system with the rain protection in the jacket shell will stop the rain at the jacket's surface, but these jackets tend to have a limited ability to flow enough air to the rider's torso when it's hot out, especially at slower speeds while riding off-road.<o:p></o:p>
    I hope jacket systems such as the Companero catch on and be<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:personName w:st="on">com</st1:personName>e available from other, more affordable brands. The idea of having a jacket that's <st1:personName w:st="on">com</st1:personName>fortable and airy in the heat, yet can be sealed up from cold temps and rain by simply tossing on an outer layer, IMHO is the way to go. An added bonus to this type of system is that the jacket can be sized to fit the rider more closely (keeping the armor more firmly in place) because extra room for an inside rain layer is no longer necessary.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
  7. MANXMAN

MANXMAN Old Git

Oddometer:
    Touratech Canada has this suit priced at $3514:yikes. Although I really wanted to get my wife a top quality jacket and pants, this is more than we will pay. Too bad, because it looks like a great quality suit that will actually fit a woman properly.

The search continues. Maybe Rukka.
  8. levain

Oddometer:
    Seriously, this appears to be the exact same suit in different colors, minus the touratech logo. My guess is your spending around $500 on the logo. Just a guess. Stadler is expensive, and its what those who usually wear Rukka upgrade to:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3

http://www.stadler-bekleidung.de/index.php/produktdetails.html?id=44
  9. Barbarin

Barbarin España

Oddometer:
    ... One of those suits are more or less 30% of the cost of my motorcycle.

This guy on his third hand, 17 year old Transalp 600, started an 80 countries, three years, 300000 km trip with 2200 &#8364; on his pocket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMuQPKFVrEU
  10. Terence FFM

Terence FFM prof. cat-herder

Oddometer:
    Well, finally something that is even more over priced in N. America than it is here in Europe. Touratech Canada must still be doing their CAN$ / Euro conversion with a factor 1.65 like it was about 5 years ago before the Euro tanked.

Also, another poster replied that the Stadler version of the suit will likely be cheaper than the Touratech version is correct. I think the difference in Germany is 100 Euro less for the Stadler jacket and the same or slightly less for the pants.

The Touratech version does come with few features (other than the Tourtech logo) which may or may not justify the higher price: the pants have leg openings which open wider and the jacket has a few extra pockets on the sleeves. On the other hand, for a surcharge, Stadler will make your suit in custom colors whereas the rather bold colors from Touratech might not be everyone's cup of tea.
  11. CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon Got knees for sale???

Oddometer:
    I was in Germany last month and pulled the trigger on a Companero. Coming out of a BMW Rally 3 suit, I must say that the TT suit is a big + over the Rally 3... better ventilation and when it rains or gets colder it takes a whole 3 minutes to put on the outer shell on. I'm really happy with it, best suit i've owned so far. :clap
  12. Ko

Ko Observant as never

Oddometer:
    This Companero looks good...I gather that the "rain shell" offers the same abrasion resistance as the base layer, with the armour being in the base layer. That's interesting...

What I don't like that much is that the pant clips, glasses holder, and other bits are in places that usually contact the ground when one goes down... I do like the pant folding design, it must be nice to be able to put them in/over based on the type of boots or maybe just mood.

Now, given the price, and the protective nature of this suit, where's the damn test to let people know how much better/equal/worse this is compared to other products? I know tests are expensive, but c'mon, they're not that expensive... I'd put the money down for expensive, umm, super-expensive in this case gear if I knew it protects better. Safety is more important to me than appearance- I do understand how comfort is part of it though :lol3

13. Spinalcracker

Spinalcracker former redriderofma

Oddometer:
    This looks very good. I’m saving up to get one.

Finally a suit designed to keep the rain off of you instead of letting it soak your outer layer adding weight.Then it stops raining and you still have a wet jacket. Plus having to take off your outer layer then put on the liner then put on the jacket...

Makes more sense to just slip the rain gear on over. Coming from a outdoor, hiking, backpacking, mountaineering back ground , I never understood why an “adventure suit” would not have a waterproof outer layer. to keep you dry .I have the BMW Rally 2 suit and have always gotten wet in the rain .

Makes more sense to just slip the rain gear on over.
  14. levain

Oddometer:
  15. levain

Oddometer:
    How about a detailed review/pictures? I'm curious where the AFT is on the summer suit? What armor is in the suit and does it get hard in the cold?
  16. Endurodude

Endurodude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "The Touratech version does come with few features (other than the Tourtech logo) which may or may not justify the higher price: the pants have leg openings which open wider and the jacket has a few extra pockets on the sleeves. On the other hand, for a surcharge, Stadler will make your suit in custom colors whereas the rather bold colors from Touratech might not be everyone's cup of tea."

I recently rode to Touratech Germany HQ and tried on one of these suits - excellent for my requirements, so I'm very interested in buying one. Having read the above, I was very interested in the whole 'custom colours' idea. Every time I've emailed Stadler to ask about either them shipping to me (UK) or where their dealers are in Germany, they seem less than forthcoming with answers and / or help. Maybe I'm not asking the right questions, or maybe it's a language thing, but I'd be VERY interested to know how I can get it shipped here and how I go about paying for some custom colour; any one any ideas?
  17. levain

Oddometer:
    I've emailed back and forth with Nadine. She seems helpful although it takes a while for her to get back at times.

She sent me the most detailed sizing chart I've ever seen giving me the feeling that if something is off in standard sizing, they'll just make it.

The custom colors I was unaware of. That Is very cool!

Here's what she said about the difference with the evo/concept vs companero besides obvious colors:

"Hello Mr. Williams,

thank you for your interest on our products.

Yes we can also sell direct to the US.

We can deduct the VAT direct.

The Companero suit is a little bit different to our Concept / Invention:

- the companero is more for enduro drivers
    - the sommer jacket has two additionally pockets on the arm the sunglasses pocket and the mobile phone pocket
    - the infinitely variable waist and chest adjustment is additionally
    - by the trouser you have a very long zip sideways to go easy in and out of the trouser
    - and you have more width to wear a cross or enduro boot
    - also the colour and the layout of the line is different

At the moment we have no dealer or importeur in the us because it´s not really easy to find a shop who is really informed about our products. We have really technical details in our clothes and a lot of sizes and it don´t work if the dealer is not interested, and the costs play a role.

We are interested in every distributor.

If you have any further questions, don´t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Nadine"

For anyone in US, here's pricing for a jacket shipped.

The Price for the jacket Concept is 839,50 &#8364; without VAT and 999,00 &#8364; with VAT.

The price for the jacket Companero is 923,53 &#8364; without VAT and with 1099,00 &#8364; with VAT.

The Price for Shipping is about 40 &#8364; .
  18. Endurodude

Oddometer:
    - the infinitely variable waist and chest adjustment is additionally
    - by the trouser you have a very long zip sideways to go easy in and out of the trouser
    - and you have more width to wear a cross or enduro boot

I want to ride in this in varying conditions, so maybe the TT version might be better suited? I specifically like the infinate adjustment idea; if I'm going to pay this much, I want it to be the most comfortable thing I've ever worn! Then again, you mention size charting and the possibility of them making adjustments. On the other hand, I want to wear enduro boots.

Too many choices! Thanks for the reply, though. I might email this lady and see what she says. Cheers. You wouldn't happen to have an email address to hand, would you?
  19. levain

Oddometer:
    I think it's just a generic "info" address
    verkauf@stadler-bekleidung.de

The infinitely variable adjustment appears to be very similar to this on the Rev'it Everest.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. Endurodude

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that - I've just emailed them, asking a number of questions, and I'll let you know what the reply is re colours.