My Vespa Adventures | Canadian West

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by sergeibelski, Aug 25, 2014.

1. sergeibelski

sergeibelski Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tomorrow I'm on my way for a little adventure with my Vespa. I'm heading to Vernon, BC for a wedding and will meet there with my family for a few days of camping. Than I'm off to Vancouver and Victoria and to ride and explore Canadian West :)

I will try to post here but do check my blog for updates: http://www.sergeibelski.com/blog/search/?t=canadian+west

I dont know if this was the smartest idea that I ever had, but I just did a full service on my Vespa all by myself for the first time. Scooter seems to be working so I hope I will make it :)

[​IMG]

As you can see by the grooves, I only have 2 speeds on my bike... full throttle and idle :) I replaced these at this service.

[​IMG]
  2. sergeibelski

Oddometer:
    DAY 1: Traveled 604km: What a rainy rainy ride all the way to Lake Louise, I tell you, trying to pass a lorry on a motorway during rain is not as easy as it sounds :) Today was a pretty much "get to the camp site" day.

[​IMG]

Look at me all happy in the rain :) I had all my Tucano Urbano rain gear on and stayed completely dry. I love Tucano Urbano and I have so much of their stuff for my Vespa.. they should really sponsor me! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sun was shining in Revelstoke when I arrived so I was happy and took all my rain gear off... After I rode for 5 minus, I totally regretted my decision when it started to pour on me and I had to quickly put all my gear back on. I finally made it to the lake where I'm meeting my family and we are camping for a few days! :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Time to setup camp and cook some food :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. sergeibelski

Oddometer:
    DAY 2: Traveled 24km: Camping with my family... Oliver loves my Vespa!! I see him driving one soon enough :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

In the morning I headed to the beach for a nice swim... water was pretty cold but when you get in it wasn't bad :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wedding time! My son, Oliver is looking stylish for his first wedding :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. sergeibelski

Oddometer:
    DAY 3: Traveled 36km: Last day of camping. Very relaxing morning at the lake and than just relaxing at our campsite :) Tomorrow I should be back on the road, heading West once again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really hope its just a phase... Oliver is refuses to touch sand with his feet... He is good with playing with sand but would not even touch it with his feet. Hope it will change soon.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This was my view earlier today, while Oliver was napping... I was reading my book in a shade and relaxing :)

[​IMG]

If you thought for a minute that I will abandon my cooking... you were wrong.. Cooking a nice dinner :)

[​IMG]
  5. ride4321

ride4321 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Beautiful photos...I'm in!
  6. IslandMonkey

IslandMonkey inselaffe

Oddometer:
    Me too, I love scooter RRs and started off on Lambrettas in the 80s. I still have a soft spot for them and Vespas too. Looks like you had a great trip.
  7. SleazyRider

SleazyRider Desolate Loner

Oddometer:
    Great photos.
    Love the Vespa.
  8. findlj

findlj How much fun is that

Oddometer:
    I'm in as well. Great shots! Can you tell us a little about your camera? Love the Vespa....
  9. sergeibelski

Oddometer:
    Thank you! these is from my blog.. I post under each photo what camera, lens and settings I used for eat shot.. take a look there if you are interested: http://www.sergeibelski.com/blog/search/?t=vespa+adventures

I use Canon 1DX

Thank you,
    Sergei
  10. sergeibelski

Oddometer:
    DAY 4: Traveled 538km: Tracy and Oliver went back home and I'm on the road heading West again :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Areas around Vernon, Kelowna, and Penticton are so beautiful! This was my view riding for the first half of the day... very nice scenery, beautiful ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This trip is unofficially sponsored by Petro Canada... before the trip I got a few gift cards with my Petro Points, so this way I don't have to pay for gas and can get some food.. so far it is working out great!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm doing this trip on a budget so I wanted to find a cheap place to stay when possible. My friend recommended to try Airbnb.ca website... so I booked this place in Surrey, BC and it is great! Check out this nice yard I have at my disposal :)

[​IMG]
  11. Gnslngr

Gnslngr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As always, your photography is terrific. No, brilliant. No, amazing.

I'm in on this report. Keep it coming!
  12. sergeibelski

Oddometer:
    Thank you very much!

DAY 5: Traveled 114km: I made it to Vancouver! :) In the morning I decided to visit Vancouver Aquarium. The traffic in Vancouver was pretty bad but the views are fantastic! I really want to move here... anyone would like to sponsor me?

[​IMG]

I was trying to get close to one of the trees in the area and my rear tire slipped on some roots... I went down with the bike, luckily there was a men near by who helped me to get my heavy loaded bike back up. I'm all good and the bike has only a small scratch on the top case and a bend in my rear crash bar (I should be able to straighten them when I will get back to Calgary). These crash bars are so great for protecting your bike, really recommend them!

[​IMG]

I visited aquarium before but this time I thought it was pretty small, specially for the $34 (I didn't pay for parking)... I still enjoyed it of course!

[​IMG]

I can watch these for hours!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made a quick stop at Vespa Vancouver, just to take a look what they had :)

[​IMG]

From a recommendation of what to do in Vancouver I was told to visit a "clothes optional" beach.. so I did. Crazy busy, hundreds of people.. I was able to squeeze between cars in a prime parking spot! The beach is located on a bottom of the hill with 478 stairs (yes I counted)... Did I tell you how much I dislike stairs?!

[​IMG]

For the night I'm staying with my college friend, who was very kind to give up his bed for me and provided a great dinner! We had a nice relaxing swim in the pool and I was promised a breakfast tomorrow morning :)
  13. sergeibelski

Oddometer:
    DAY 6: Traveled 124km: After great breakfast this morning, as promised, I headed to catch a ferry to get to Victoria. It took me less than 5 minutes from the moment I bought the ticket to be already parked on the ferry. With motorbikes you get in front of everyone and I guess my timing was perfect :)

[​IMG]

My baby is all secure. This was my first time on a ferry with my Vespa :)

[​IMG]

I said good bye to Vancouver and started to look forward to Victoria.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I finally made it to Victoria, BC! My fist time ever, and I'm happy to do it on my Vespa!

[​IMG]

Time to update my map of where I rode my Vespa :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was trying to get closer to get a photo of my bike with a big ship but I guess I got too close. This woman told me that I wasn't supposed to be there and kicked me out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a bunch of these guys running around in front of my window where I'm staying for the night :)

[​IMG]
  14. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    Fantastic! Always love the Vespa and your photos! :clap
  15. Miltonkid

Miltonkid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome pictures!!
  16. sergeibelski

Oddometer:
    DAY 7: Traveled 477km: I woke up early mooring and decided to ride North. I wasn't sure how far North I would go but that was the direction I was going. When I made my first stop I noticed that my bike was leaking oil from an air filter... I guess when it fell upside down a few days ago, the oil got into the air filter box. I cleaned it up a bit from the outside and hopefully it will be ok until I will get home to open it up and clean it all out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't have breakfast this morning so I decided to stop and make myself an early lunch :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I stopped for gas, I didn't notice that one of my straps fall onto my hot muffler and it burned off :( Luckily I had a few spare straps. Also you can see that for some reason my rear mud flap burned and melted a bit from all the high speed riding :(

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I made it all the way to Campbell River, BC... I decided it was far enough and I needed to turn back around and start heading a long way home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On my way back I took a faster route... it was a lot of nothing at 120 km/h... but I made a pretty good time :) Although because of the hight speed, and my scooter being loaded pretty heavy, and riding agains the wind.. my gas milage really suffered and I almost run out of gas.

[​IMG]

Taking ferry back to Vancouver :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yours truly, hanging out on the ferry :)

[​IMG]
  17. Haroon

Haroon RIDE for PASSION

Oddometer:
    A very sexy mount:D. Wonderful adventure. And brilliant photography.
    Thanks for sharing.
  18. Dave92029

Dave92029 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your photos are very nice. I also own a dragon red 300ie S GTS
  19. sergeibelski

Oddometer:
    DAY 8: Traveled 411km: I'm heading home... the long way round :) I'm riding North East.. First stop Whistler, than Kamloops, than Jasper :) Too bad it looks like it will be raining for the rest of my trip, it would be nice to see all these beautiful places in a nice weather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had to wear my rain gear all day today.. It was raining most of the time, at least it was a light rain.

[​IMG]

Today I had probably one of the best riding days in a long log while, the rad was full of nice turns and the views were spectacular!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. RecycledRS

RecycledRS Along for the ride

Oddometer:
    Just spotted this thread today and realized I had seen you and your Vespa at Qualicum Beach. Nice RR, and smart looking scoot. Of course I wish now I had stopped to chat. Maybe next time.