Lovingly restoring the worst bike I've ever ridden.

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by Mullet5, Sep 7, 2010.

1. MAKETIMBER

MAKETIMBER Blendzol or nitro?

Oddometer:
    I think I know what happened to Mullet. He's cooling his heels in the pokey. He has done one of the following things.

1) He kicked the granola out of some hippie fuck bicycle frame and dreadlock mechanic who was doing his girl.
    2) He was arrested for bagging and offering for sale "a white powdered substance" on the Internet as good luck
    talismans for motorcycle riders.
    3) He was arrested for riding a fraudulently titled motorcycle on California highways.
    4) He suffered a psychotic episode (as a result of inhaling radioactive paint chips) and loaded his soda blaster into
    his VW convertible and drove on down to the COOP and went postal on the organic produce dude with it.

I believe that If we want to see the final result of this poor guys garage goings ons we'll need to hire one of the lawyer dudes that got OJ off the hook. +2 on the paypal account.

Come on brother don't give in to the voices - keeeeep builllllding. We won't hold it against you if you just finish your
    Bike, and have the other folks from the ride do their own bikes (they must however post their builds too).
  2. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast

:clap

ps: about the pp thing, go with caution. seen things go sideways when others start throwin' coins in the kitty. just saying.

:lurk
  3. GlenInk

GlenInk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So glad things have not died here ! :clap

Bring it on ! :freaky
  4. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Woohoo! :clap

$10 sent to your Paypal. If past posts are any indication, I'm sure I'll cough up some more as the project continues. :thumb
  5. tytek

tytek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yo GW (Mullet),

Glad that you decided to get back to the Minsk project. Sent you $10 to get/keep it going...
  6. Mullet5

Mullet5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Holy crap, you guys aren't screwing around. Hughlysses is on record as the first donor! Now I can get those sweet chrome skull valve stem caps for the Minsk
  7. Dusty_Bottoms

Dusty_Bottoms Part Time Adventurer

Oddometer:
    sentcha ten bux
    go get yerself some soda
  8. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good luck on the completion.I'm pouring my money into this, so I can do a cross country trip from SC to CA and back to visit some friends.

[​IMG]
  9. bdjuju

bdjuju Should be wrenching

Oddometer:
    I can't see a bottle of Tejava without thinking of this thread (or baking soda, of course.)
  10. Dekatria

Dekatria Ad Astra Per Aspera

Oddometer:
    Back from the dead! :clap Good to know you're still alive, and that we'll be getting fresh new Soviet-shenanigans :freaky

:lurk
  11. chuggins143

chuggins143 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    10 bones headed your way! Make sure you do something REALLY stupid with it! :evil
  12. Mullet5

Mullet5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey all, still no Minsk progress, Derek and I played phone tag all week. Hopefully he is out of town for the holidays, relaxing and trying not to think about the hellish task that is the Minsk. Not to mention dealing with me, Mr. 18-questions-per-second. What does that do? Why are we doing this? What is happening? How does this thing work? I'm gassy! I'm thirsty!

If it wasn't so freaking cold lately I would go and pressure wash the other two frames so they are ready to go. You wouldn't believe how nasty these things are... Have you ever had a motorcycle FRAME leak oil on your garage floor?
  13. tytek

tytek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  14. Quickv4

Quickv4 Pro Turd Polisher

Oddometer:
    Dickinson, Nort' Dakohtah- Orig. from Wiscowsin

This is the EPIC MINSK stuff I had been missing, keep it up. Maybe after Christmas we can see more action.

I will send some $$ as soon as a figure out how to get back into my PP account
  15. oldxr

oldxr Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you know somebody that runs an automotive machine shop that has a hot tank for cleaning engine blocks you could get the frames dipped.That will strip them to bare metal.Those engines look like old yamaha or kawi dual sport motors from the early 1970's.If you wanted a real death machine you could try to find an old air cooled honda cr125 elsinore engine-i had 1 and that bike was fast.I like 2 strokes-looking for an old kawi 500cc triple.
  16. vander

vander full-time dreamer

Oddometer:
    Afghan police bike :evil

[​IMG]

Your Range Rover is übercool!
  17. vander

vander full-time dreamer

Oddometer:
    The problem with Minsks is the frame is like Flubber and the brakes are non-existant.
  18. YZman

YZman Bouncing off Trees

Oddometer:
    Are you crazy!!! The paint is probably the only thing holding those frames together :rofl
  19. Mullet5

Mullet5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I totally agree with the two previous posts! I have a sneaking suspicion that the frames are cast solder.
    Having a hell of a time getting restarted on this! I came down with the flu, I am out of the house now for the first time in 4 days. Hopefully this week Derek will have some time. We have talked on the phone quite a bit about what we will do next.

you have obviously ridden one of these before. This is insider shit, man.

I love the Afghan Police bike! The seat is upholstered with the finest imported truck inner tube, but instead of french stitching that has become so cliche on modern luxury transportation, they just tied it on with some rope. Refreshing. And the Police sticker that looks as if they just pull it off of one Minsk when it craps out and slap it onto the next one. I think I will need one of these when I am done with the three I have.
  20. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
    I believe the marketing paperwork says "cast from the finest Chinese zinc alloy". :D