Teiz Motorsports introduces first ever Women's motorcycle suit

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by teizgirl, Apr 5, 2011.

1. teizgirl

teizgirl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Heyy thanks for the compliment! Since the suit will be custom made, you guys are free to choose your own colors and ofcourse plus sizing will hence be a non-issue. As for getting into more gear for women...lets all get a conversation going about this and lets see what all you women want out there. I am open to ideas and yes I am looking into introducing a new jacket :1drink
  2. Tinks

Tinks Demented Snow White

Oddometer:
    You have no clue what you are getting yourself into here. :rofl
  3. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  4. pjm204

pjm204 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to placing an order.
  5. KCDakar

KCDakar What are we waiting for?

Oddometer:
    OK, I'll start...

I want EASY on/off Wet or Dry. Nothing like having to struggle out of wet gear when you are trying to use the bathroom.

I want arms long enough that my wrist feels secure under my glove.

I want a pocket on my lower sleeve so I can pull out money or store my drivers license for easy access. I ride LD and never have enough pockets to put things like baby wipes, extra power bars, ID etc,,, I rarely get off my bike when I ride. My point is that I want to be able to have easy acess to the things I need with out having to get off. Or in case I have a "get off" I have what I might need on me tell help arrives.

I want to be seen from space at night.

I want more but I have to get back to work...:wink:
  6. stefrrr

stefrrr Custom User Title

Oddometer:
    Hey, just in time for my birthday! :clap

As far as what I want? Waterproof. Really, really waterproof. :lol3
  7. DantesDame

DantesDame Ridin' Fool Super Moderator

Oddometer:

Why? It's not like it rains there much. Just often :lol3
  8. stefrrr

stefrrr Custom User Title

Oddometer:
    Yeah, so I don't want a liner to button or zip or whatever - I just want it waterproof. le sigh.
  9. DantesDame

DantesDame Ridin' Fool Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I agree. I don't want to mess with liners. I have a 'stitch currently and love the fact that when I put it on the in the morning, I'm ready for an entire day's worth of weather, no matter what it is.

Yep. "No liners" is my preference! :D
  10. katego

katego Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +10000

to what stfrr & dd said..... waterproof on the outside. no liners. i wear my 'lectrics, or other suitable warm layer.

oh yeah.... when can we order? ;)

-k
  11. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Waterproof on the outside: will not be so great when you need airflow - waterproofing layers block out most of the wind. Additionally, we have not come across any affordable fabric that is waterproof + abrasion resistant. Most fabrics, like Cordura, require the waterproof layer to be fused to them.

Waterproof layer built-in: again, most of the airflow will be block out. the wind will be blocked by the liner and not reach you skin

Removable waterproof layer: requires you to take off or zip in the liner depending on the weather

We have been looking into this for a long time and it seems like for most people the versatility is more important than anything else. People want one jacket that can take them through all 4 seasons, or rather one jacket that can take them through any weather during a long distance trop. To provide that versatility you need removable layers.

You want to wear a warm shirt because its cold, but you don't want to take it off when the temperatures drop! With time, i am sure fabrics will developed that can achieve all we want in an "affordable manner, but currently the choices are limited and compromises have to be made.

What I am trying to say is.. our suit will have two removable liners and can be worn five different ways:
    • shell + waterproof liner + thermal liner
    • shell + waterproof liner
    • shell + thermal liner
    • shell
    • Waterproof liner only. Our liner will be one piece rain suit by itself and can be worn without the main shell.
  12. Tinks

Tinks Demented Snow White

Oddometer:
    I appreciate these challenges and I like the versatility. Given the reality of fabrics, I can say my first priority is going to be a safe, abrasion and burst seam resistant suit that is comfortable.

An issue of mine in looking at other gear is the lack of double stitching you find on comparable men's gear. Women fall and slide the same way men do and we should be afforded comparable quality stitching and gear assembly.

When it comes to the liners, I would request ease and speed putting them in and taking them out. The other thing I would request is that they take up as little space as possible, only becuase once they come off we all know bike storage is limited and precious. (I think the space issue is likely already covered, but I do not know well enough about the engineering that has gone into the liners themselves and how they come in/out of the suit. I have some precious cuss words for when my time is dwindling and I can't get a liner in/out and the weather demands I need it.
  13. bluepoof

bluepoof insert pithy saying here

Oddometer:
    Not sure I understand -- wouldn't having vents solve the airflow problem?

Will the waterproof layer zip or attach in some way to the main shell so that it can be put on/removed at once or will we have to unzip/step out of the shell and then do the same with the waterproof layer? If it's all one piece, heck, I'll just leave the waterproof layer in 99% of the time. :D I'm always cold anyway. :lol3

I totally get having a waterproof layer for touring and downpours; would the suit be relatively water-resistant without it? For example, my FirstGear Kilimanjaro isn't completely waterproof in a downpour, so I wear a rain jacket over it in that case. But if I'm out running an errand and it starts drizzling, I won't get soaking wet like I would wearing a mesh jacket.
  14. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    The liner will be easy to attach and detach from the main. Once attached you will be able to wear them together in one go...

The main shell does have a water repellent coating so is ok for light drizzles like you have mentioned.

The quality and stitching will definitely not be compromised at all ...
  15. bluepoof

bluepoof insert pithy saying here

Oddometer:
    Sweet, thanks for the answers. :D
  16. JohnnyBlitz

JohnnyBlitz Guest

I just bought a Aprilia Futura and will be looking for gear for my wife. Her current jacket is fine for short trips in good weather, but not all day trips with changing weather due to altitude or coast/inland routes.

She definitely does not fit into men-sized/shaped gear, so a suit with curves like this Teiz looks like a winner.

By the way, she loves her dirt bike gear in pink and purple (one outfit in each color), so a silver or light gray with major bright pink or deep purple would be her first choices. I'm partial to purple because I think the pink would get too dirty too quickly.
    Cheers!
    John B
  17. g.slick

g.slick gracie

Oddometer:
    Been subscibed this thread since it started.....so when are the ladies suits going to be ready!!!?

I am really excited about the "ladies cut" one piece and am seriously considering buying one.....soooo....when will they be ready, or rather, when can I order?? It is May already and I need some new commuting gear!! :D

Almost pulled the trigger on some different gear today, but am waiting for the outcome of this....
  18. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    A prototype with some final changes is due to arrive soon...
    We will start taking orders soon after its arrival :)
    just hold on tight for a bit longer
  19. pjm204

pjm204 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any idea of a price? And discount for previous customers/pre-order discount?
  20. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    I dont have the exact price yet..will be revealed soon.

There will definitely be a discount for return customers as always...